Miraclo pills and Mongoose Blood

MisterVimes

Nevr mind continuing charges on stats... I'd go with a simple Aid to the stats you want boosted, set the fade rate to the duration you have in mind, and define the charges as whatever delivery system you like: pills, slap-patches, injections, etc. Of course, there should be built-in side-effects and Limitations to the wonder drug: highly addictive and/or suffering from a stat drain when the effects of the drug fade.

Originally posted by Klytus

Of course, there should be built-in side-effects and Limitations to the wonder drug: highly addictive and/or suffering from a stat drain when the effects of the drug fade.

Oh yes, considering the 'source' of this miracle aids to the crime community, you can expect nasty side effects.

If you just want the agents to have some augmented stats when they are given something, then I would buy the stats as Characteristic/Powers and give them a Continuing Charge limitation.

Caveman Colonic: +10 STR, +5 DEX, +5 CON, +5 STUN (40 AP) 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 hour: -1/4, Major Side Effect (always occurs when charge runs out): -1/4, IIF (colonic bag): -1/4. Total Cost 23 points.

:D

Originally posted by Monolith

IIF (colonic bag): -1/4

I am frightened and disgusted, but much like a trainwreck I cannot avert my eyes...:D

The hanging point is REC. I want them to have an annoying little booster pill that they use to recover STUN and END. So, STUN and END Aid with charges? or +20 REC (2 charges)...

Basically a 'potion' to get them back fighting when they shouldn't be, while still keeping them human.

what's your take oh living Titan?

Originally posted by MisterVimes

The hanging point is REC. I want them to have an annoying little booster pill that they use to recover STUN and END. So, STUN and END Aid with charges? or +20 REC (2 charges)...

I would just buy it as:

Vitalife: +20 STUN, +20 END, 1 continuing charge lasting 5 minutes: -3/4, Major Side Effect when charge runs out: -1/4, OIF Vitalife Pill: -1/2. Total Cost: 12 points.

I only use Aid when someone can grant a characteristic to someone else (Vitalife Man charges up the thugs with a touch). If the character can grant himself the characteristics then to me it is just a limited characteristic.

I would only go with Recovery on a charge if the person taking the drug can only recover back to his normal levels. If the character gets a boost beyond his normal 20 STUN/20 END, then I would go with the above.

Originally posted by Monolith

I would just buy it as:

Vitalife: +20 STUN, +20 END, 1 continuing charge lasting 5 minutes: -3/4, Major Side Effect when charge runs out: -1/4, OIF Vitalife Pill: -1/2. Total Cost: 12 points.

I only use Aid when someone can grant a characteristic to someone else (Vitalife Man charges up the thugs with a touch). If the character can grant himself the characteristics then to me it is just a limited characteristic.

I would only go with Recovery on a charge if the person taking the drug can only recover back to his normal levels. If the character gets a boost beyond his normal 20 STUN/20 END, then I would go with the above.

The plan was to ONLY let them recover back to their normal levels, so I may do that. Essentially the REC pill will be used to take a recovery and the recovery is so high as to reset them back to their starting STUN and END.

Originally posted by MisterVimes

The plan was to ONLY let them recover back to their normal levels, so I may do that. Essentially the REC pill will be used to take a recovery and the recovery is so high as to reset them back to their starting STUN and END.

An interesting spin might be to buy the recovery as a 1 turn charge, so that the person who takes the drug will get to use it 3-5 times before it wears off and causes damage to him.

Vitapill: +20 REC, 1 continuing charge for a Turn:-11/4, Major Side Effect as above: -1/4, OIF Pill: -1/2. Total Cost 13 points.

The character takes the pill and for 1 turn gets major recoveries. After that he takes a 40 point Major Side Effect (BODY Drain, INT Drain, whatever).

The Heart-Attack Hyper-Caffeene Pill:

3d6 Aid (30 pts) to STUN and END (+¼) Fade Rate 5 per minute (+¼), IIF (pills -¼), 1 charge (-2) , Extreme Side Effect: STUN and END drained the same amount Aided for 10 minutes after the effects fade (-2) Total: 9 real points.

Plus : +10 REC (20 points). A 1 Hour single Continuing Charge (-¼) IIF: pill (-¼), Extreme Side Effect: Addiction and withdrawl. TOTAL: 13 real points.

GRAND TOTAL: 22 points.

Depending on how addicted to this drug you want these agents to be, another approach might be to buy the agents with the heightened REC, END and/or STUN that you want them to have when using it, then give them all a Dependence on the drug leading to Weakness in those Characteristics.

BTW, Mr. Vimes, I'm familiar with the history of Miraclo, but who uses (ick!) mongoose blood?!

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

BTW, Mr. Vimes, I'm familiar with the history of Miraclo, but who uses (ick!) mongoose blood?!

The Golden Age Whizzer (All-Winners Squad) got his powers from a transfusion of mongoose blood (instead of toxemia and dying :D ).

When Alan Moore was writing the book Top Ten (which is about a city populated by nothing but supers) one of the more popular 'booster' drugs selling on the black market was called 'Mongoose Blood' in tribute...

So to further the tribute to both stories I created the most byzantine title I could think of... and ended a sentence with a preposition... bad Vimes!:D

Be Gentle

Cost Equipment END
Combat Drugs, all slots: 1 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (-1/4), IIF (-1/4), Side Effects (Side Effect always occurs whenever the character does some specific act -1/4) [Notes: Each Agent carries 40 APs worth of combat drugs - Side effect occurs when charges run out - Side effect is -10 AP to each boosted stat for 24 hours]
6 1) Boost: +20 END (10 Active Points) (not added to totals)
6 2) Celine: +5 EGO (10 Active Points) (not added to totals)
4 3) Flex: +5 CON (10 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (not added to totals)
7 4) Juice: +15 STR (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (not added to totals)
11 5) Jazz: +10 REC (20 Active Points) (not added to totals)
6 6) Jenner: Running +5" (10 Active Points) (not added to totals)
6 7) Scream: +1 SPD (10 Active Points) (not added to totals)
8 8) Spook: +15 PRE (15 Active Points) (not added to totals)
6 9) Tyson: +10 STUN (10 Active Points) (not added to totals)
7 10) Wire: +5 DEX (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) (not added to totals)

Originally posted by Peregrine

What does the note 'not added to totals' mean, exactly?

(And yeah, I stole it too...)

Sorry, that's at note from Hero Designer. It means that when the character sheet is printed that those numbers are not added to the character's base stats.

As you can see at the end of this thread.

Somehow this topic reminds me of a scenario Champsguy ran for me and a few others. We were playing supervillains in a combined Marvel/DC world. I was having a blast playing Superskrull for once. Our stated goal was killing the major superheroes off. For some reason, they wanted to start with Aquaman. :) Anyway, one of us was playing the grandson of Baron Blitzkrieg and he'd been this complete idiot and jerk in game so we talked him into a "surefire way to put you up there on Superman's power level" by dosing him up with a coctail of Miraclo & Velocity 9. The way we explained it to the poorly educated neoNazi superthug was that it would enable him to use all his energy on ALL his powers at once for like an hour a day. We, of course, had made sure that he was gonna go up like a drummer for Spinal Tap after like 5 minutes of running in overdrive. We figured he might even take a hero or two with him. That accursed Richards tracked us down however and we had to cut our losses and leave the little bastard to the heroes without juicing him up first.

Anyway, Velocity 9 is a wonderful plot device.