Desert Runner

Reln

Cost 9

+4" Running (10" total), x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (19 Active Points); Limited Power Reduced endurance only in noncombat (-1/2)

OK this is part of a racial package for a tall desert race that can run very fast for long distances. What do you all think and any other ways you can think of to do this?

The Limitation is a problem. You can't have one smaller than -1/4, but it shouldn't totally pay off the 1/2 END, as you're still benefiting from the Advantage during NCM. -1/2 is right out. You're actually getting points back for Reduced Endurance then.

I would just take my lumps, err on the side of caution and change the Limitation to -0.

Oh, man, I am such an idiot. I must have not been paying attention with that first post.

In fact, I'd say that buying Running that only provides NCM is easily stripping it of half its net functionality. A -1 Limitation might even be in order.

What I'm going for here is a Race that can Sprint for long distances across the dessert for days at a time, with only a few hours rest. As Archer is saying the reduced endurance is only for non combat movement.

What I’m looking for is 4 additional inches of movement both combat and non combat, but in non combat they can sprint i.e. x4 multiplier with very little endurance loss so that they can keep it up for a long period of time.

Yes I am using hero designer. :D

P.S. I just did some math and assuming a speed of 3 this would come out to 40.9 MPH. That's hauling ___. I'm thinking I might want to limit this a little more and buy it as flight only on ground with extra time to activate. This fits into line with where I "barrowed" the concept from.

Ok here is a revised version Let me know if you think the Limitations are priced apropriatly.

Cost

Power

END

Flight 8", x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (26 Active Points); Limited Power Only For Noncombat Movement (-1), Limited Power Only In Contact With Solid/Semi-Solid Ground (-1/2)

You just gave someone 8" of full-END Flight for 10 points. And, they get an extra bonus free x4 NCM!

Try applying the "Reduced END 1/2 END" advantage only to the NCM adder:

8" Flight [16 points]

x4 NCM [5 points]

Red END: 1/2 END for NCM multiple (+1/4 on 5 points) [1 point]

Total cost: 22 points.

That seems more appropriate to me.

Edit: or, did you really mean "only for NCM"? So that, they only go 6", and can't fly, at combat speeds? In that case, never mind.

Doug, (good name)

Yes this is flight that can't leav the ground and and dose not work in combat, and I like haveing the turn modes in there.

But yes this is compleately and totaly a non cobat ability anyone that can hit a moving target will have no problem picking one of these guys off.

I put in the Semi-sold ground to simulate an ability simular to Legolas in LotR when he walked ontop of the snow and everyone else was trudging though it. In this case it will apply more to sand.

Reln (aka Doug)