Shaowrun Conversion

MisterVimes

Originally posted by Damon_Dusk

Elves: Social Limitation: Racial Discrimination (8-), Minor (-5 Disadvantage)

Dwarves: Social Limitation: Racial Discrimination (11-), Minor (-10 Disadvantage)

Orks & Trolls: Social Limitation: Racial Discrimination (14-), Major (-20 Disadvantage)

i don't really agree on that point

AFAIK, elves and dwarves don't really have a social limitation; especially elves (go to Tir Tairngire if you see what i mean). the fact also that the trait is not distinctive in some groups/cultures makes it clearly a DF.

The social aspect of the DF is determined by reaction to it :

DF: Elf : 5 pts

* hard to conceal 10

* noticed +0

* not distinctive in some groups/places) : -5

DF: Dwarf : 10 pts

* not concealable 15

* noticed +0

DF: Ork : 10 pts

* hard to conceal 10

* negative reaction ("orks are thugs") +5

DF: Troll : 15 pts

* not concealable 15

* negative reaction ("Trolls are slow-minded brutes") +5

(and add a Phy. lim. "big and bulky")

DF: Ghoul : 15 pts

* hard to conceal 10

* extreme reaction ("Heeee, a ghoul !!!") +10

DF : Metahuman variants (giants, minotaurs, oni, etc...)

remove the "not distinctive in some groups" as they are really rare.

Advantage "human-looking" : just don't take the DF.

Flaw "elf-poser" : take it for an human

Well, I really wasn't doing anything for the Distinctive Features. I was more aiming toward the Social Limitations of the question, which is what I put down. And you can still use the "Limitation is not limiting in some cultures or societies" as a Social Limitation. As far as elves and dwarves go, like I said it all depends on how much racism you want in your game. In my game there really isn't any discrimination against elves, and very little against dwarves, so I would probably put it like so:

Elves: No Social Limitation

Dwarves: Social Limitation: Racial Discrimination (8-), Minor (-5 Disadvantage) (if I remember correctly, dwarves were still considered a second-class citizen, even in Tir Tairngire)

Orks & Trolls: Social Limitation: Racial Discrimination (11-), Major (-15 Disadvantage) (If you play a lot in the Cascade Ork region, then you can put the "Not limiting in some cultures" modifier making it a -10 Disadvantage)

If you're dealing a lot with Humanis Policlub, or similar anti-metahuman clubs, you might want to increase the Social Limitations.

By putting the reactions into Distinctive Features, you're basically saying that every single person who meets a troll is going to have a negative reaction, which really isn't the case. That's why I would go for the Social Limitation instead. Then again, it's all a matter of how you run your game. Also, with Social Limitation you can avoid the "no 2 distinctive features" rule. It's probably a matter of personal preference on which Disadvantage you choose.

I have converted the basic races found in SR III and Shadowrun Companion. Two areas I need to look at again are reach and levels of growth for Trolls. Currently I have one level of growth for Trolls, I am considering making it 2 levels.

For Reach I did one inch stretching with no modifiers.

For disads I am basing my campaign in Seattle. So orks, trolls, elves, and dwarves are have a social limatation. The other metahuman variants have SL and DF. In addition as part of the SL for dwarves and trolls is the increase in the cost of equipment to make it dwarf/troll usable.

Next on the agenda is shape shifters. I am thinking either multiform or human package (add to primary) with shape shift package (add to secondary)/OIHD.

Any comments or suggestions?

I have also reconsidered my previous statement about ballistic/impact. My new thought is no ED, mental defense, power defense.

1) Impact (Only vs HTH) Ballistic (only vs Ranged)

2) Impact (Normal) Ballistic (Killing)

3) PD (Impact) ED (Ballistic)

Any comments or suggestions?

I would go with 2 levels of size increase (if you are using FH). And the stretching sounds fine for reach to me. I think I always assumed a long time ago that growth came with reach just for sake of simplicity.

As for shapeshifters...I would think multiform would be the cheaper method of creating it, though it comes with a lot of extra record keeping for the player. But it's cleaner than a bunch of powers that are OiHID. Just my opinion on that.

On the armor, from what you have there, #1 is the closest to how Shadowrun works. I've personally eliminated the ballistic/impact from my rules for simplicity sake. #2 would probably work as well, but in Shadowrun there just really isn't that much in the way of normal attacks, so impact would really not matter much (unless it was a decent amount to reduce KO). Not really sure what I think about #3, just I would like the characters to have some defense against energy-based attacks. If you are simulating the power of mages in Shadowrun, then that probably is accurate, as most spells really didn't have any defense except another mage on their side.

Well, I'm hitting some snags left and right in the magic system, which leads me to believe that something needs to be changed for it to be clean in the Hero System. Mostly in regards to Astral Space. The rules that I have currently convert a character's mental stats to physical when traveling into Astral Space. So basically they attack with their Astral OCV of INT/3, do damage equal to their PRE/5, and have an Astral CON equal to their EGO. BODY still is the same. Now, Shadowrun allows magicians to attack astral presences such as spells, barriers, etc. How do you figure that?

What I've done is said that the astral presence has a STR equal to its Active Points/2, an OCV equal to its AP/10, and STUN equal to its AP (completely arbitrary numbers, by the way). When attacking the astral presence, figure attacks normally, and the presence attacks back in each phase that it is attacked. If the presence is reduced to 0 Stun, it is banished/dispelled/destroyed. If the magician is reduced to 0 Stun, he is Disrupted, pretty much as is standard in SR (they disappear from Astral Space, must check for Magic Loss) and are unconscious. Any ideas on how to make sure its balanced and workable?

After much deliberating, I've changed the system I just wrote for figuring the abilities of an object (spell, astral barrier, focus, etc.) in Astral Space. This is what I've done...

The object is considered to be a 0-point character with the following modifications:

It is considered to have a Strength equal to 10 + ¼ its Active Points (which figures its PD), Stun equal to 15 + ½ its Strength + ¼ its Active Points, and an Dexterity equal to 10 + ½ its Active Points divided by 3 (which figures its CV and Speed). So a Force 10 Spell has a Strength 13 (PD 3), Stun of 23, Dexterity of 11 (CV 3, Speed 2). Conversely, a 60 Active Point object would have a Strength of 25 (PD 5), Stun of 42, and Dexterity of 20 (CV 6, Speed 3). Objects counterattack every phase they act as long as the previous action from the magician was to attack. If the magician decides to break off combat, the object does not attack and continues to function at full strength.

An object reduced to 0 Stun is effectively turned off, but will return to full Stun in 1 Turn. A character can keep the object or barrier “suppressed†by spending a full phase action every turn keeping it suppressed.

To permanently destroy an object, the object must be brought to 0 Stun, and the character must then make a PRE Roll modified by –1 per 5 Active Points of the object. Success destroys the object or barrier.

Destroying a focus in astral combat destroys its enchantment. Destroying a barrier destroys temporary barriers such as wards. Permanent barriers (like lodges, circles, and permanent wards) are rendered permanently ineffective against the character who defeated it, but are still effective against all other intruders.

At least now I have some sort of (legal) rules basis to go by in determining the power of objects in astral space. :) It's kind of crunchy, but I think it's fair. Let me know if I'm off.

I agree with you Damon, I am going to give trolls 2 levels of growth. I am going to modify the stretch to be inherent.

As for armor no decision, probably won't make one until I decide how magic works.

As for shapechanger since they retain their skills in both forms OIHD may be appriopriate.

As for your question on astral form. You may require the astral form to have a multi-power with suppress or dispel and they use that to affect magic items. Remeber to give all spells/ magic items/dual nature creatures a zero limation affected by astral space when active.

Metahumans and Disads the four basic (troll, dwarf, elf, and ork) Have a social limation of various degrees including not a lim in certain cultures. The meta out of Shadowrun Companion all have DF and SL that is more severe than there common form counterparts.

For the shapechangers I decided not to do multiform or OIHD. I figure if I use multiform it would be so efficent everyone would be a shapechanger. OIHD is not a limitation since I am unaware of anyway in Shadowrun to force a shapechanger to change that is worth a -1/4 limitation.

A shapechanger dual nature and lack of ability to handle cyberware as a 5 pt physical limation.

Astral perception for my campaign is 42 point power with a gamemaster -2 limation to make it affordable.

The ability to shape change also has a GM -2 limation to make it affordable.

I hope to be able to post my racial packages sometime next week. Any preference (prefab or character sheet)?

Now for something totally different any thought on availbility numbers translated to Hero. I am thinking a pre based skill with modifiers to refelct the availablity.

Just curious how you came to 42 points on Astral Perception...Seems like a lot of points for what you get. I did it this way...

Detect Astral Plane and Auras, Discriminatory, Tracking (25 Active Points); Extra Time: 1/2 Phase to Turn on (-.25); Character may be targeted from Astral Space while Astrally Perceiving (-.5), Side Effect: -5 Perception Rolls for Physical Plane (-1). Real Cost: 9 points

As for availability, I haven't included actual numbers in my equipment or weapon lists, but I would say that you could almost apply the availability as a direct negative modifier to a skill roll so that there isn't much conversion needed. Or maybe subtract 4 (or whatever) from the Availability, apply the result as a negative modifier against the skill used to get the equipment. Granted this doesn't accurately reflect how difficult it was to actually score a 24 in the Shadowrun system, but it's probably for the best. :) If I remember correctly, the skill the player used wasn't actually the skill to find the item, it was an Etiquette skill to "convince" the fixer or whoever to get the item for him/her. So in Hero terms, that can be one of a bunch of different skills: Bribery, Persuasion, Streetwise, or Trading. Persuasion seems to be the closest to simulating Shadowrun's system. If you were looking at the Fixer's side of things, then I would say Trading would be the skill used to actually locate the item.

I've pretty much finished up my Magic System now, including all the spells from the basic book, costs to become full magicians, aspected magicians, and adepts, most Adept Powers from the basic book and Magic in the Shadows, most of the Metamagic techniques, descriptions for the Totems in the basic book, and stats for elementals and nature spirits. It also includes the rules for dealing with astral combat against objects and rules for creating wards. If you want to check it out, sling me an email address and I'll send it your way.

Let us try this again.

Dwarf [Notes: -2 inches of running]

6 1) +6 STR 1

6 2) +3 BODY

6 3) +3 EGO

5 4) Infrared Perception

2 5) Poison/Disease: Resistance (2 points)

Elf

9 1) +3 DEX

6 2) +6 PRE

5 3) Ultraviolet Perception

Ork

6 1) +6 STR 1

18 2) +9 BODY

-3 3) -3 INT

-2 4) -4 COM

5 5) Ultraviolet Perception

Troll

2 1) +2 STR 1

-9 2) -3 DEX

26 3) +13 BODY

-6 4) -6 INT

-3 5) -6 COM

5 6) Infrared Perception

15 7) Growth (+10 STR, +2 BODY, +2 STUN, -2" KB, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide, 399 kg mass), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2)

1 8) Damage Resistance (1 PD)

4 9) Reach: Stretching 1", Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Limited Body Parts (-1/4)

Cyclops (Troll)

8 1) +8 STR 1

-9 2) -3 DEX

26 3) +13 BODY

-6 4) -6 INT

-3 5) -6 COM

4 6) Reach: Stretching 1", Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Limited Body Parts (-1/4)

15 7) Growth (+10 STR, +2 BODY, +2 STUN, -2" KB, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide, 399 kg mass), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2)

-10 8) -2 with Ranged Combat

Koborokuru (Dwarf)

6 1) +6 STR 1

6 2) +3 BODY

6 3) +3 EGO

5 4) Infrared Perception

2 5) Disease: Resistance (2 points)

10 6) Life Support , Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents

Formoi (Troll)

4 1) +4 STR 1

-9 2) -3 DEX

22 3) +11 BODY

-6 4) -6 INT

4 5) Reach: Stretching 1", Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Limited Body Parts (-1/4)

5 6) Infrared Perception

7 7) Growth (+5 STR, +1 BODY, +1 STUN, -1" KB, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide, 200 kg mass), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2)

Menehune (Dwarf)

3 1) +3 STR 1

12 2) +6 BODY

6 3) +3 EGO

5 4) Infrared Perception

2 5) Disease/Poison: Resistance (2 points)

Hobgoblin (Ork)

6 1) +6 STR 1

12 2) +6 BODY

-2 3) -4 COM

5 4) Ultraviolet Perception

Giant (Troll)

23 1) Growth (+15 STR, +3 BODY, +3 STUN, -3" KB, -2 DCV, +2 PER Rolls to perceive character, 4 m tall, 2 m wide, 798 kg mass), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2)

24 2) +12 BODY

-9 3) -3 DEX

-6 4) -6 INT

-3 5) -6 COM

5 6) Infrared Perception

4 7) Reach: Stretching 1", Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Limited Body Parts (-1/4)

Gnomes (Dwarf)

6 1) +3 BODY

3 2) +3 STR 1

12 3) +6 EGO

5 4) Infrared Perception

Oni (Ork)

6 1) +6 STR 1

12 2) +6 BODY

-3 3) -3 INT

6 4) +3 EGO

-2 5) -4 COM

5 6) Ultraviolet Perception

Wakyambi (Elf)

6 1) +3 EGO

6 2) +6 PRE

Ogre (Ork)

6 1) +6 STR 1

18 2) +9 BODY

-3 3) -3 INT

Minotaurs (Troll)

4 1) +4 STR 1

-9 2) -3 DEX

22 3) +11 BODY

-3 4) -3 INT

-2 5) -4 COM

4 6) Reach: Stretching 1", Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Limited Body Parts (-1/4)

5 7) Infrared Perception

7 8) Growth (+5 STR, +1 BODY, +1 STUN, -1" KB, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide, 200 kg mass), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2)

Satyr (Ork)

6 1) +6 STR 1

-9 2) -3 DEX

18 3) +9 BODY

-3 4) -3 INT

6 5) +3 EGO

-2 6) -4 COM

4 7) +2" Running (20"/28" total) 1

5 8) Ultraviolet Perception

Night Ones (Elf)

18 1) +6 DEX

6 2) +6 PRE

Dryads (Elf) [Notes: Females Only]

-3 1) -3 STR

9 2) +3 DEX

-6 3) -3 BODY

5 4) +5 PRE

3 5) +6 COM

5 6) Ultraviolet Perception

9 7) Animal Handler (Birds, Other: Creatures of Forest) 19- [Notes: The 3 skill levels are in addition to what can be bought based on Presence]

Shapechanger Bear

3 1) +3 STR 1

12 2) +6 BODY

4 3) +2" Running (20"/28" total) 1

5 4) Healing 1 BODY (Can Heal Limbs); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Does Not Work On Some Damage One Type of Damage (-1/4) [Notes: Does not work on Silver damage/magic weapons] 1

14 5) Astral Perception: Detect A Large Class Of Things 4-, Discriminatory, Range, Targeting Sense, Tracking; Side Effects -3 to all skill rolls, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1), Extra Time Extra Segment (-1/2)

7 6) Growth (+5 STR, +1 BODY, +1 STUN, -1" KB, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide, 200 kg mass), Bear Form (+0), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2)

4 7) +4 STR, Bear Form (+0) 1

9 8) +3 DEX, Bear Form (+0)

12 9) +6 BODY, Bear Form (+0)

5 10) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions, Bear Form (+0)

1 11) Damage Resistance (1 PD), Bear Form (+0)

4 12) Reach: Stretching 1", Bear Form (+0), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Limited Body Parts (-1/4)

10 13) Shapeshift (Sight Group; Cellular, Instant Change), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4); Gamemaster Gimme (-2) 2

Shapechanger Eagle

3 1) +3 INT

2 2) +4 COM

9 3) +3 DEX

4 4) +2" Running (20"/28" total) 1

5 5) Healing 1 BODY (Can Heal Limbs); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Does Not Work On Some Damage One Type of Damage (-1/4) [Notes: Does not work on Silver damage/magic weapons] 1

14 6) Astral Perception: Detect A Large Class Of Things 4-, Discriminatory, Range, Targeting Sense, Tracking; Side Effects -3 to all skill rolls, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1), Extra Time Extra Segment (-1/2)

10 7) Shapeshift (Sight Group; Cellular, Instant Change), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4); Gamemaster Gimme (-2) 2

6 8) +6 STR, Eagle Form (+0) 1

9 9) +3 DEX, Eagle Form (+0)

5 10) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions, Eagle Form (+0)

10 11) +1 SPD, Eagle Form (+0)

16 12) Flight 10", Eagle Form Only (+0); Restrainable (-1/4) 2

Shapechanger Fox

3 1) +3 INT

6 2) +3 EGO

3 3) +6 COM

5 5) Healing 1 BODY (Can Heal Limbs); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Does Not Work On Some Damage One Type of Damage (-1/4) [Notes: Does not work on Silver damage/magic weapons] 1

14 6) Astral Perception: Detect A Large Class Of Things 4-, Discriminatory, Range, Targeting Sense, Tracking; Side Effects -3 to all skill rolls, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1), Extra Time Extra Segment (-1/2)

10 7) Shapeshift (Sight Group; Cellular, Instant Change), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4); Gamemaster Gimme (-2) 2

9 8) +3 DEX, Fox Form (+0)

5 9) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions, Fox Form (+0)

10 10) +1 SPD, Fox Form (+0)

4 11) +2" Running (20"/28" total), Fox Form (+0) 1

Shapechanger Leopard

2 1) +4 COM

3 2) +3 STR 1

6 3) +3 BODY

3 8) +3 STR, Leopard Form (+0) 1

9 9) +3 DEX, Leopard Form (+0)

6 10) +3 BODY, Leopard Form (+0)

5 11) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions, Leopard Form (+0)

20 12) +2 SPD, Leopard Form (+0)

4 13) +2" Running (20"/28" total), Leopard Form (+0) 1

Shapechanger Seal

2 1) +4 COM

6 2) +3 BODY

3 3) +3 STR 1

5 4) Healing 1 BODY (Can Heal Limbs); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Does Not Work On Some Damage One Type of Damage (-1/4) [Notes: Does not work on Silver damage/magic weapons] 1

14 5) Astral Perception: Detect A Large Class Of Things 4-, Discriminatory, Range, Targeting Sense, Tracking; Side Effects -3 to all skill rolls, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1), Extra Time Extra Segment (-1/2)

10 6) Shapeshift (Sight Group; Cellular, Instant Change), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4); Gamemaster Gimme (-2) 2

6 7) +3 BODY, Seal Form (+0)

9 8) +3 DEX, Seal Form (+0)

5 9) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions, Seal Form (+0)

10 10) +1 SPD, Seal Form (+0)

Shapechanger Tiger

3 1) +3 STR 1

9 2) +3 DEX

6 3) +3 BODY

6 8) +6 STR, Tiger Form (+0) 1

9 9) +3 DEX, Tiger Form (+0)

12 10) +6 BODY, Tiger Form (+0)

5 11) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions, Tiger Form (+0)

20 12) +2 SPD, Tiger Form (+0)

4 13) Reach: Stretching 1", Tiger Form (+0), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Always On (-1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Limited Body Parts (-1/4)

4 14) +2" Running (20"/28" total), Tiger Form (+0) 1

Shapechanger Wolf

2 1) +4 COM

3 2) +3 STR 1

6 3) +3 BODY

9 8) +3 DEX, Wolf Form (+0)

6 9) +3 BODY, Wolf Form (+0)

5 10) Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions, Wolf Form (+0)

10 11) +1 SPD, Wolf Form (+0)

4 12) +2" Running (20"/28" total), Wolf Form (+0) 1

Martial Arts

4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es) [Notes: For Shapechanger Bear, Eagle, Leopard, Tiger, Wolf]

Social Limitation: Elf (Frequently; Minor; Not Limiting In Some Cultures) 5

Social Limitation: Dwarf (Frequently; Minor; Not Limiting In Some Cultures) [Notes: All equipment costs +10%] 5

Social Limitation: Ork (Frequently; Major; Not Limiting In Some Cultures) 10

Social Limitation: Troll (Frequently; Major; Not Limiting In Some Cultures) [Notes: All equipment costs +25%] 10

Cyclops (Troll)

1) Distinctive Features: Cyclops (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Cyclops (Frequently; Major) [Notes: All equipment costs +25%] 15

Koborokuru (Dwarf)

1) Distinctive Features: Koborokuru (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Koborokuro (Frequently; Minor) [Notes: All equipment costs +10%] 10

Formoi (Troll)

1) Distinctive Features: Formoi (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Formoi (Frequently; Major) [Notes: All equipment costs +25%] 15

Menehune (Dwarf)

1) Distinctive Features: Menehune (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Menehune (Frequently; Minor) [Notes: All equipment costs +10%] 10

Hobgoblin (Ork)

1) Distinctive Features: Hobgoblin (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Hobgoblin (Frequently; Major) 15

Giant (Troll)

1) Distinctive Features: Giant (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Giant (Frequently; Major) [Notes: All equipment costs +25%] 15

Gnome (Dwarf)

1) Distinctive Features: Gnome (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Gnome (Frequently; Minor) [Notes: All equipment costs +10%] 10

Oni (Ork)

1) Distinctive Features: Oni (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Oni (Frequently; Major) 15

Wakyambi (Elf)

1) Distinctive Features: Wakyambi (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Wakyambi (Frequently; Minor) 10

Ogre (Ork)

1) Distinctive Features: Ogre (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Ogre (Frequently; Major) 15

Minotaur (Troll)

1) Distinctive Features: Minotaur (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Minotaur (Frequently; Major) [Notes: All equipment costs +25%] 15

Satyr (Ork)

1) Distinctive Features: Satyr (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Satyr (Frequently; Major) 15

Night Ones (Elf)

1) Distinctive Features: Night Ones (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Night Ones (Frequently; Minor) 10

3) Susceptibility: Sunlight 1d6 damage, per Phase (Common; Stun Only) [Notes: Applies to Night Ones] 15

Dryads (Elf)

1) Distinctive Features: Dryads (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

2) Social Limitation: Dryads (Frequently; Minor) 10

3) Susceptibility: Urban Area 1d6 damage, per Phase (Common; Stun Only) [Notes: Applies to Dryads] 15

Shapechanger

1) Social Limitation: Shapechanger (Frequently; Severe) 20

2) Susceptibility: Silver 1d6 damage, Instant (Uncommon; Stun Only) 5

3) Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Silver (Uncommon) 10

4) Physical Limitation: Dual Nature/No Cyberware (Infrequently; Slightly Impairing) 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've finally finished my shadowrun conversion and it includes:

Bioware

Cyberware

Equipment

Item List (with availability rules and legality codes)

Magic (with metamagic)

Rigging

Rules (character creation and special skills)

The Matrix

Vehicles

Weapons

Any of those interested, send an email to damondusk@cox.net and I'll send the gigantic .zip file over (about 1/2 Meg of Word .Docs).

• 2 years later...

Re: Shaowrun Conversion

This conversion was great. Being a part of Damon's play group there was only one complaint that I had/still have about it and that was the fractional character points for cyberware.

Its a technical thing really... I felt that having fractions of points instead of dealing with whole numbers was unnecessary and it also made it incompatible with my newly purchased Hero Designer 2.0. ;p

Its not a perfect system but it goes a long way toward capturing the spirit of the original source material.

We did discover something later on that made the Essence point pool seem very broken and Damon had talked about revising the system to do away with the point to nuyen conversion for Cyberware and Bioware but I don't know if he ever completed it.

Re: Shaowrun Conversion

Yes I have, and it appears that it is still the broken version. I am talking with him and apparently he got the system revised partially before he decided to discontinue the project and remain with what he had.

We also had another world that we ran called Demon World. That was also fun. Essentially the premise was that in the near future (maybe a decade) rifts had been opened up to hell and the people were now learning to cope with the fact that Demons did exist and were among them.

The Vatican Knights took a literal role in fighting the demons... I played one of them and had a good time. I also had a character concept for a reality TV show Demon Hunter with a dependent NPC camera man, but I never got a chance to play him.