Pulp Rocket deck plan

Spence

After several days of relearning Campaign Cartegrapher.

Here is a modification of the Zarkov rocket from the Flash Gordon serial. You never saw more than the main cabin (front), at least in the episodes I have watched. So I have taken the liberty of filling the aft end plus increasing it size a little. At least making it a little bigger than it appears to be.

I have added a engine room, a head, storeroom, berthing, and small galley. I am assuming the racks (beds) are the shipboard type each having a small curtain and stacked three high. This gives six racks. I have also had to play with the exact items. The rocket had a single space cannon in the nose which was manned by a standing gunner. I added a control panel and seat. In fact I added several control panels and several seats.

The Rocket can be flown by one, and fought with two (Pilot and Gunner). It is a horizontal rocket, not a tail sitter.

I am making these for a new Space Pulp game I am prepping circa 1935. Swampy Venus, desert like Mars etc. There are many areas still unexplored on Earth as well as the expanse of the solar system. Travel is by rocketships that will be based on the ships and liners of the 20-30’s. The White Star line LIVES!

My next ships are the War Rocket HMS Swiftsure and the Cargo Liner Rocket SS Roslin Castle.

I have attached a thumbnail jpg to the post of the deck plan. The rocket was made in CC3 and I would be glad to share the file with other CC users and send a larger BMP or JPG to others if interested. I also have the stats and HD3 file that I am using.

Re: Pulp Rocket deck plan

After several days of relearning Campaign Cartegrapher.

Here is a modification of the Zarkov rocket from the Flash Gordon serial. You never saw more than the main cabin (front), at least in the episodes I have watched. So I have taken the liberty of filling the aft end plus increasing it size a little. At least making it a little bigger than it appears to be.

I have added a engine room, a head, storeroom, berthing, and small galley. I am assuming the racks (beds) are the shipboard type each having a small curtain and stacked three high. This gives six racks. I have also had to play with the exact items. The rocket had a single space cannon in the nose which was manned by a standing gunner. I added a control panel and seat. In fact I added several control panels and several seats.

The Rocket can be flown by one, and fought with two (Pilot and Gunner). It is a horizontal rocket, not a tail sitter.

I am making these for a new Space Pulp game I am prepping circa 1935. Swampy Venus, desert like Mars etc. There are many areas still unexplored on Earth as well as the expanse of the solar system. Travel is by rocketships that will be based on the ships and liners of the 20-30’s. The White Star line LIVES!

My next ships are the War Rocket HMS Swiftsure and the Cargo Liner Rocket SS Roslin Castle.

I have attached a thumbnail jpg to the post of the deck plan. The rocket was made in CC3 and I would be glad to share the file with other CC users and send a larger BMP or JPG to others if interested. I also have the stats and HD3 file that I am using.

Looks great, so going to steal it (Thanks for the PM about it)

Also, consider checking out Cartographer's Guild (link in my sig), we are a group of avid cartography fans, and use everything from Campaign Cartographer to PhotoShop for making maps of all sorts. Currently there is a strong lean toward fantasy overland, but we're starting to get more dungeons and other types of maps/floorplans. It would be nice to see some pulp stuff and especially more modern maps as well.

Modified deck plan. I had forgotten to fix the scale before I posted it. I have also given it a name:

Royal Rocket Corps Scout Rocket Mk III.

I also added a 1 Meter hex grid. I use 1 meter vice 2 for small places. Makes the hexes easier for me to see and use.

Very nice!

This would be just the thing to help round out the Pulp Project 1557 Section on Space Opera.

Would you mind posting it (or a link) there?

Thanks!

Maybe after I clean it up. I am working on a Cargo Liner right now. The SS Roslin Castle. It is much larger ship and my CC3 knowhow is really getting a work out. When I get her done I plan on going back and applying the things I have relearned and/or just discovered.

I have been thinking of trying to use some of the webspace my account has. But that goes with the whole how to make a website thingee :eek: