Negative STUN and Body

Scifi_Toughguy

Re: Negative STUN and Body

does the STUN damage ever transfer to Body?
Not technically, no. But it's not necessarily a bad idea, at least for campaigns where it would be appropriate.

One way you might approach such a house rule would be to have an unconscious victim take a cumulative 1 BODY for every 10 STUN they are below -30 (GM's Option). For example, at -30 STUN they're at GM's Option, at -40 STUN, they take 1 BODY, at -50 STUN they take 2 more BODY, at -60 STUN they take 3 more BODY, and so on.

In this instance, it wasn't particularly important as the damage done was to a baddie with regeneration. One of the PCs hit an 8d6 autofire punch for 2 and the first hit dealt the knockout. The second swing hit and did 30 stun before the x 2. The baddie was @ -70 stun or some silly number.

HERO System was originally conceived to simulate 4-color comics, and often in comics, especially older ones, heroes and villains would be pummeled into complete obliviousness but would otherwise be intact and unharmed, getting up after being unconscious and complaining of a slight headache and not much more.

And on TV shows, characters are beaten senseless without breakage of bones or shedding of blood all the time.

A house rule to bloody things up a bit would be fine with me as long as it were being applied fairly.

I'm somewhat reminded of the 'Drowning rule', which i believe they take stun (and possibly END), and when it hit's 0, they start taking body till they die.

Another example to be useful is a NND blood choke attack (Currently trained in the military), which takes 8 seconds to knock someone out. After that, they loose oxygen to the brain and can die shortly after if held.

Aside from this, i don't know (not a subject matter expert... yet...)

Era