Support Villain Concept

yamamura

Pygmalion:

Ability: He has the power to change any living person into a block of granite suitable for sculpturing. He then can carve out a new human form out of said block and cause the person to become living flesh again. He can of course alter the persons physically shape to what ever he wants through this process. This includes everything from changing the sex and/or race of the person to altering their physical abilities and giving physical handicaps.

Drawbacks: Every so often a person changed by him actually gain elemental powers based on earth. Even those who don't tend to have a slightly higher PD then normal. Also it takes time for him to sculpt the new form.

Pygmalion can work as a solo artists that is known of in the criminal underground or a lackey for a more powerful villain. He is not a fighter and is more likely to try to escape then to fight. He actually needs his victim bound, unconscious or willing for him to do the change, so he needs helps if he is doing this to a person against their will.

If he works as a freelance agent, he only changes those who are looking for a new identity. If on the other hand he is a part of a group, he may change those who have captured by his boss as away to erase them.

Possible campaign ideas: Changing a hero to look like a villain. Replacing Public officials with dopplegangers and changing those officials into petty criminals.

PS. Sorry if this has been thought of before.....

Re: Support Villain Concept

I would think you'd need to include something significant in his background to explain why he isn't just sitting in Beverly Hills raking in the money legitimately charging $$$$ for a safe plastic surgery/weight reduction etc. alternative.

Good point my scaly friend. Any suggestions?

Maybe one I can think of is that the first person who gained the abilities of the Earth went on a mad rampage with his powers and he was blamed for it and people feared hi s ability would drive you mad.

For the Freelance idea, he may have something against the wealthy/establishment. He isn't in it for the money but just helping those who disrupt the norm.

Maybe one I can think of is that the first person who gained the abilities of the Earth went on a mad rampage with his powers and he was blamed for it and people feared hi s ability would drive you mad.

For the Freelance idea, he may have something against the wealthy/establishment. He isn't in it for the money but just helping those who disrupt the norm.

Perhaps it is something as "cliche" as:

1) the transformation fades slowly over time, making the "patient"

(as it were) need to return to Pygmalion from time to time for

touch-ups, which in turn last for shorter and shorter time

periods....

OR

2) the patient (unbeknownst to them) actually begins to turn into

stone over time, resulting in a fine looking statue rather than a

living being.

Just my initial, slightly greater than $.02US.

-Carl-

Cool idea. Some ideas as to why he doesn't just use the process for legal profit.

1. It's not as failsafe as he says. Add an activation roll of 15-. Failure results in a Side Effect (Linked Killing Attack) that kills the volunteer or victim.

2. It's not permenant. Some time later the process reverses itself leaving the victim horribly deformed.

3. Those that gain earth based powers (perhaps an enemy) can reverse the effect in others, returning them to normal.

Cool idea. Some ideas as to why he doesn't just use the process for legal profit.

1. It's not as failsafe as he says. Add an activation roll of 15-. Failure results in a Side Effect (Linked Killing Attack) that kills the volunteer or victim.

2. It's not permenant. Some time later the process reverses itself leaving the victim horribly deformed.

3. Those that gain earth based powers (perhaps an enemy) can reverse the effect in others, returning them to normal.

A variant off of number 1 is that once turned into a block of granite if the second roll fails to brink to life, all you are is a statue.

Another one I thought of as a possible side effect is that you transform into a minor dawrfish earth elemental over time on a failed roll and his powers no longer work on you. Most of the time no problem, but who wants to become a short rock creature?

Just thought of another idea. The villain who he works for gives him a life of luxury plus allows him to experiment with ideas outside the norm. This could lead to a whole bunch of misshapen creatures that our good sculptor has made.

And being the "egocentric artist" he is (or might

be, depending on conception :) ) he submits some of his

statues (actually failed transforms) to a gallery for an

exhibition. And who should visit the exhibition but one of

our heroes (either in costume or secret ID) and he/she

realizes that "that statue still has a heartbeat" :eek:

Which sets the heroes on the trail of Pygmalion and his

patron.

-Carl-

I like this idea, and may steal it for one of my games. :D

As for why he doesn't keep doing this for loads of cash, legitimately... I generally agree with the socio-political angle. He doesn't do it that way because he's not in it for the money - he views his art as something that shouldn't be wasted on the bourgeois jerks and spoiled princes and princesses in Beverly Hills.

Give him a charitable angle; while he creates powerful villains and hideous monsters from time to time, he's also been known to perform critically needed 'cosmetic surgery' for people who normal surgeons have given up on, whether due to lack of funds or difficulty of the work. Does Hero Man have a disabled little girl at home? Maybe he'll have to decide if he's going to turn this guy, who hasn't technically committed any crime directly, in, or give his little girl the best chance she'll ever have at a normal life...?

My take? No reason he's NOT earning money as a plastic surgeon in BevHills.. He's a rumor told at cast parties, a whisper in the back room deals of movie moguls - That theres a man who can perform miracles the canvas of the flesh, but what he wants in return is never cash or accolades... It's your soul, buddy. Your eternal soul!

-CraterMaker