Halloween Themed Session...ideas?

Dr. MID-Nite

Re: Halloween Themed Session...ideas?

Ahem - Red Martians not withstanding, here's the numbers for the tripod. I crunched the numbers at lunch and havent had a chance to tweak and adjust things - its a very rough draft. But take a look and see if you've got any suggestions:

[b]Tripodian War Machine - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
75    STR     65   75      24-       HTH Damage 15d6  END [7]
15    DEX     15   15      12-       OCV 5 DCV 5
40    CON     60   40      17-
40    BODY    60   40      17-
10    INT     0   10      11-       PER Roll 11-
10    EGO     0   10      11-       ECV: 3
10    PRE     0   10      11-       PRE Attack: 2d6
10    COM     0   10      11-
16    PD      1   16/31             16/31 PD (0/15 rPD)
18    ED      10   18/33             18/33 ED (0/15 rED)
5    SPD     25   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
48    REC     50   48
150    END     35   150
145    STUN    47   145
20    RUN      28   20"                END [4]
20    SWIM     18   20"                END [2]
15    LEAP     0   15"                15" forward, 7 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 414[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
90     [b][i]Heavy Armor[/i][/b]: Armor (15 PD/15 ED), Hardened (x4; +1) (90 Active Points) - END=0
15     [b][i]Mechanical Nature[/i][/b]: Doesent Bleed (15 Active Points) - END=0
60     [b][i]Mechanical Nature[/i][/b]: Doesn't Take STN (60 Active Points) - END=0
20     [b][i]Heavy Armor[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, 50% - END=0
20     [b][i]Heavy Armor[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, 50% - END=0
      - END=
236     [b][i]Death Ray[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 7d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (236 Active Points) - END=0
116     [b][i]Gas Attack[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 15d6, Continuous (+1), Area Of Effect (60" Radius; +1 1/2) (262 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4) - END=26
101     [b][i]Self Destruct[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 25d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; When 3 body remain or command signal; +1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (656 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), Extra Time (1 Minute, -1 1/2) - END=[1 nr]
      - END=
24     [b][i]Communications Systems[/i][/b]: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), Difficult To Dispel (x16 Active Points; +1) (24 Active Points) - END=0
5     [b][i]Night Vision Systems[/i][/b]: Nightvision - END=0
46     [b][i]Sealed Support Systems[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) - END=0
225     [b][i]Radio Jamming Systems[/i][/b]: Suppress Radio Based Powers 15d6, MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (15" Radius; +1) (225 Active Points) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 958[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
40      +5 with All Combat

[b]SKILLS Cost: 40[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
3      Bump Of Direction
3      Absolute Range Sense
3      Absolute Time Sense

[b]TALENTS Cost: 9[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
25     Distinctive Features:  Giant War Machine! (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Virtually Everyone)
20     Physical Limitation:  It's a giant war machine! (All the Time, Greatly Impairing)
15     Hunted:  The Military 14- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)
90     Disadvantages seasoned to taste

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 1071
Total Exp Available: 1071
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 1421

I always thought Halloween should include an encounter with classic villains.

Dracula (of course...I've seen Dracula writeups get into the 1000 point plus range)

Jason Vorhees (Undead brick with a big HKA machete and a fear of water)

Freddy Krueger (Better hope your heroes have mental def...)

Werewolf (Teeth, claws, Damage reduction 75%, not vs. silver)

Frankenstein (Built as a construct)

• 3 years later...

While I was trying to come up with a Halloween game for this year, my ipod shuffled up Dream Warriors by Dokken and I went "Brilliant!"

I will shamelessly steal the concept of Nightmare on Elm Street with a twist. In the 2010 remake, it looked like they were setting up Freddy as a wrongfully accused child molester who was killed by The Mob of Angry Parents and is now a spirit of vengeance. The movie pissed away that potential awesome concept and I was always disappointed by this interesting take on Freddy's character. Ah well. But what if our Freddy Expy really was wrongfully murdered? Consider this set up:

Years ago there was a groundskeeper at a grade school, Randall Parker, who abused Amy and the rest of the kids. Amy's mother explains that Amy was his favorite, and that she came home one day telling her mother about a hidden space in the basement of Parker's home and the things he did to her there.

The police investigated thoroughly, but turned up no evidence that Parker had ever committed any crime. He was released and the charges dropped. Then the mob mentality took over. Angry parents cornered him and murdered him, burning his home to the ground with him in it.

The kicker? Amy was lying. She was playing doctor with a classmate and made up the story to avoid getting in trouble with no concept of the oncoming storm she had just created for Parker.

Several decades later, the wrongfully murdered spirit of Parker has been quietly gathering energy to exact his vengeance on the parents - by murdering their offsping in the most bloody, savage ways possible via damage inflicted through their dreams.

I havent plotted out what would happen beyond the setup. There's probably going to be a couple of utterly savage murders in town, and I might steal a page from The Real Ghostbusters episode The Boogieman Cometh ( http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/The_Boogieman_Cometh ) and have a pair of terrorized children hire the heroes to defeat the Monster Under The Bed (one of Parker's nightmare constructs) - but beyond that, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. It has potential, tho.

15 mins. of fame

dramatis personae characters that are normally npcs of heroes

the gang attends a costume party disguised as thier super-hero friends i.d.s and while there the witness another guest being kidnapped is it a play acting gag of the party or something else unable to change to street clothes the characters deal with the matter in costume finding out what its like to be a super-hero

good to see my idea not to mention my former avatatar agian