Opens book at random...

Sean Waters

Re: Opens book at random...

Very few constructs are inherently munchkiny. They all require context.

I am saddened by the turn of this thread.

Don't be sad, Ghost-Angel! Context is vital, but take this opportunity to laugh with a loving and supportive community who would never, ever do anything as reprehensible in reality*.

* Of course, in game.....

Signs You're Probably Not An AVLD Does Body Munchkin

1. You've never bought an AVLD Does Body attack, or would have even if your GM would've approved one.

2. Alright, you bought one, once, on a single character where it made dramatic sense, you paid full price for the attack without limitations or framework, and the GM thought it was an excellent and balanced choice. You had a good time roleplaying the character, and their attack itself wasn't what you think of most about them.

3. Okay, twice. Two different characters, with two different but equal justifications, and only small limitations or a thoroughly justified and appropriate Elemental Control, and the GM only took a little persuading. While you had fun with the roleplay, you do think fondly of the damage you dealt with these powers.

4. A little more than twice. What's the harm? I mean, you're enjoying it, the GM isn't complaining too much, and the other players mostly shut up about it because they're just jealous. After all, for 1 character point, you're dealing bucketloads more damage than all of them combined, and your one-shot takedown of Dr. Destroyer is classic.

5. Oh, quit worrying. You're fine. You can handle a bit of AVLD. Sure, you're not entirely certain when you tattooed the letters across the backs of the fingers of your dice rolling hand, and your children -- Vlad, Avlid, and little Dalv still love you, though they don't see you very often. You hardly ever lie about going out to get a little AVLD, and it doesn't affect your performance at work much.

Signs You're Probably Not An AVLD Does Body Munchkin

1. You've never bought an AVLD Does Body attack, or would have even if your GM would've approved one.

2. Alright, you bought one, once, on a single character where it made dramatic sense, you paid full price for the attack without limitations or framework, and the GM thought it was an excellent and balanced choice. You had a good time roleplaying the character, and their attack itself wasn't what you think of most about them.

3. Okay, twice. Two different characters, with two different but equal justifications, and only small limitations or a thoroughly justified and appropriate Elemental Control, and the GM only took a little persuading. While you had fun with the roleplay, you do think fondly of the damage you dealt with these powers.

4. A little more than twice. What's the harm? I mean, you're enjoying it, the GM isn't complaining too much, and the other players mostly shut up about it because they're just jealous. After all, for 1 character point, you're dealing bucketloads more damage than all of them combined, and your one-shot takedown of Dr. Destroyer is classic.

5. Oh, quit worrying. You're fine. You can handle a bit of AVLD. Sure, you're not entirely certain when you tattooed the letters across the backs of the fingers of your dice rolling hand, and your children -- Vlad, Avlid, and little Dalv still love you, though they don't see you very often. You hardly ever lie about going out to get a little AVLD, and it doesn't affect your performance at work much.

:rofl:

Just Say No!

So' date=' I was wondering if I could open the book at random and find something to argue about. [/quote']

This is much better than the much more popular game: Open a White Wolf book at random and try not to find something to argue about.

I almost bought an AVLD does body for a current character, but I reevaluated my priorities when I realized that I didn't want my music-based Teen Champions character to actually do body damage to people. Easy to fix: Side effects (minor side effects, always occurs, only harms environment; +0). That doesn't cost my any extra and still looks awesome when I rock out and all the windows in the room shatter.