[Character] Taeser

JmOz

OK, this thread is another of the characters I am working on for a Random draw character pool, All characters are built on 175+100, Everyman skills are charged for, and some of the personal details of each character (such as gender and real name) are intentionaly left blank to lete the player personlise

This is Taeser, who is a cop, lots of skills. Well busting a drug lab accidentaly inhaled a large dose of a super steroid. When awoken realised that could project blasts of Bio electrical energy.

Taeser has sense been transfered to being the liason of the local police department, while the ID is secret the boss does know.

Taeser is very dedicated to the community, Further more normaly gives a chance to surrender, innocence over vengence, let the courts decide, etc...

Teaser

Player:

Val Char Cost

13 STR 3

20 DEX 30

18 CON 16

14 BODY 8

18 INT 8

11 EGO 2

20 PRE 10

16 COM 3

7/10 PD 4

7/10 ED 3

5 SPD 20

7 REC 0

40 END 2

30 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 109

Cost Power

50 EB 8d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points)

11 Armor (0 PD/15 ED) (23 Active Points); Electricity Only (-1)

Powers Cost: 61

Cost Skill

12 +4 with Electrical Blast

1 Computer Programming 8-

3 AK: Homeland (INT-based) 13-

1 Acting 8-

1 Bureaucratics 8-

1 Climbing 8-

3 Combat Driving 13-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Interrogation 13-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 CuK: Law Enforcement World (INT-based) 13-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) KS (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) KS: Common Knowledge (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) KS: Criminal Law (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

1 Language: Spanish (basic conversation)

3 Lockpicking 13-

4 Language (idiomatic)

3 PS: Policeman (INT-based) 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

1 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles

1 Forensic Medicine 8-

3 Teamwork 13-

2 WF: Small Arms

Skills Cost: 84

Cost Perk

2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers

3 Well-Connected

1 1) Contact: 2-Bit, A local gang banger (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact limited by identity) (2 Active Points) 11-

4 2) Contact: Captain Roberts, DCPD (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources) (5 Active Points) 11-

2 3) Contact: Lenny of Lenny's Tika Club (Contact has significant Contacts of his own) (3 Active Points) 11-

3 4) Contact: Mother Roberts (Contact has significant Contacts of his own) (4 Active Points) 12-

Perks Cost: 15

Cost Talent

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 275

Pts. Disadvantage

5 DF: Strong EM Signature (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

20 Hunted: Viper 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

15 Psych. Lim.: Code of Conduct (Common, Strong)

15 Soc. Lim.: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

15 Soc. Lim.: Subject to Orders of PD (Frequently, Major)

30 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Metal (Very Common)

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 175

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: [Char] Taeser

Cost Power

50 EB 8d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points)

11 Armor (0 PD/15 ED) (23 Active Points); Electricity Only (-1)

Powers Cost: 61

I'd drop the armor all together or give it an Electricity Only -2 unless electrical attacks are going to be common.

50 points seems a lot for just one attack power. At least with paragon the character got all the benefits of 50 STR. I think it would be more useful to create a multipower and a few slots like:

Cost Powers END 40 Multipower, 40-point reserve

4u 1) Taeser: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points)

3u 2) Mental Short circit: Drain DEX 4d6 (40 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

2u 3) Electric hands: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6 (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

2u 4) System Error: Dispel ONe Electric based Technology power at a time 13d6+1 (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 51

Re: [Character] Taeser

What are your campaign standards like? Is an 8d6 attack useful? Is a 7 DCV and 10 DEF going to keep you from getting your butt kicked? Did you mean to spell the name differently in the thread title and the character sheet? Was the misspelling of 'Taser' intentional? (I'm wondering, since you have a lot of other typos in your post.) Do you realize that taking metal as a weakness is going to be an utter pain in the ass when people shoot bullets at you (made out of metal) or hit you with chairs or batons or brass knuckles or baseball bats (all often MADE OUT OF METAL)?

I agree that 'only vs electricity' is worth -2, unless you see a lot of electrocution in your games.

Braincraft has a point about the vulnerability to metal (don't know how I missed that) even a thug with a knife could be deadly.

you might just want to drop his attack power all together and just make him a pure martial artist/ skill beast. at the very least given his low defenses you might want to rearrange some points to buy DCV levels, that way he is much harder to hit but can still have low defenses.

What are your campaign standards like? Is an 8d6 attack useful? Is a 7 DCV and 10 DEF going to keep you from getting your butt kicked? Did you mean to spell the name differently in the thread title and the character sheet? Was the misspelling of 'Taser' intentional? (I'm wondering, since you have a lot of other typos in your post.) Do you realize that taking metal as a weakness is going to be an utter pain in the ass when people shoot bullets at you (made out of metal) or hit you with chairs or batons or brass knuckles or baseball bats (all often MADE OUT OF METAL)?

I agree that 'only vs electricity' is worth -2, unless you see a lot of electrocution in your games.

I am one of the worse spellers you will ever know

I am intending on using the "Low power Super Hero" Standards, I see attacks being from 6-10 DC, with defensese going from 10-20. Yes I realised how bad the metal was. i am thinking about changing it. CV should be between 6-11

One thing I do not use the optional rule about CSL with range can not be used for DCV, so T here has that to help out in the CV area, that's why I used 3 pointers instead of 2 pointers

Current Build, tear it a new one guys

Teaser

Player:

Val Char Cost

13 STR 3

20 DEX 30

18 CON 16

14 BODY 8

18 INT 8

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

16 COM 3

5/10 PD 2

5/10 ED 1

5 SPD 20

7 REC 0

40 END 2

30 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 100

Cost Power

50 Electrical Blasts: EB 8d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points)

5 Immune to electicity: Armor (0 PD/10 ED) (15 Active Points); Electricity only (-2)

Body Armor, all slots OIF (-1/2)

10 1) Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points)

3 2) LS (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat) (5 Active Points)

Powers Cost: 68

Cost Skill

1 Acting 8-

3 Bureaucratics 12-

1 Climbing 8-

3 Combat Driving 13-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Conversation 12-

3 Interrogation 12-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Common Knowledge (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) KS: Criminal Law (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) KS: Super Villains (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) KS: World War II (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Lockpicking 13-

4 Language (idiomatic)

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Persuasion 12-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 12-

1 Forensic Medicine 8-

3 Teamwork 13-

Skills Cost: 86

Cost Perk

2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers

3 Well-Connected

1 1) Contact: 2-Bit, A local gang banger (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact limited by identity) (2 Active Points) 11-

4 2) Contact: Captain Roberts, DCPD (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources) (5 Active Points) 11-

2 3) Contact: Lenny of Lenny's Tika Club (Contact has significant Contacts of his own) (3 Active Points) 11-

3 4) Contact: Mother Roberts (Contact has significant Contacts of his own) (4 Active Points) 12-

6 Reputation: Well Known Police Hero (A medium-sized group) 14-, +3/+3d6

Perks Cost: 21

Pts. Disadvantage

5 DF: Strong EM Signature (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

15 Hunted: Local Police Department 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

10 Hunted: Meta-Human Criminals 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Reputation: Well-Known Police Hero, 14- (Known Only To A Small Group)

10 Soc. Lim.: Secret ID (Occasionally, Major)

It may help the spelling to know that TASER is an acronym for Thomas A. Swift Electric Rifle. Apparently, the inventor was a fan of the Tom Swift books.

Incidentally I have read that ACRONYM is an acronym for Aroused Citizens Representing New York Minorities.

I like the character, but I do think that the 40 pt. MP might be the way to go.

BTW, why the life support?

RE: Life support: Part of the world building process, basicaly the standard "Super-Hero, skin tight armored costume" bit includes various life supports in the world, the material is actualy comercialy available, though fairly expensive

RE: MP: I can see the logic on the MP, but I want to keep the character kind of basic, I also like the idea of the player slowly evolving the character, so if when they get 10 xp or so they want to add a MP and move the one power into it I will be fine with it, but I will give it some thought Maybe a 8d6 EB, 2.5 RKA, and a Personal Imunity continous, explosion, no range type thing...I might also try to find the points so that it was a 45 point MP instead of 40, so having said all of that I will give it some thought, but no guarantees

RE: Acroynm Thanks for the information about the origin of the word, I never knew that.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity:

What is the thoughts on this as a limitation: Effected by grounding -1/4. Basicaly you use the guide in the back of the book, not grounded is stun only and 1/2 the dice, grounded is the power, and Well grounded is an RKA, the character would have no choice on which it was so I don't think MP may be the right way to go for this. Note Flyers would qualify as Not grounded...

• 3 weeks later...

I have been lowering Dex/Speed to add a Sanctioning Package, Ironicaly as Taeser was already a cop there is very little difference, so I added to given skills, and a bit of rank, that I would include as part membership as well...

Teaser

Player:

Val Char Cost

13 STR 3

17 DEX 21

18 CON 16

14 BODY 8

18 INT 8

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

16 COM 3

5/10 PD 2

5/10 ED 1

4 SPD 13

7 REC 0

40 END 2

30 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 84

Cost Power

6 Team Communicator: HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); Sense Affected As Sight, Hearing, & Radio (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)

50 Electrical Blasts: EB 10d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); Real Electricity (-1/4)

7 Immune to electicity: Armor (0 PD/15 ED) (23 Active Points); Electricity only (-2)

Body Armor, all slots OIF (-1/2)

10 1) Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points)

3 2) LS (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat) (5 Active Points)

Powers Cost: 76

Cost Skill

1 Acting 8-

3 Bureaucratics 12-

1 Climbing 8-

3 Combat Driving 12-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Conversation 12-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

1 Forensic Medicine 8-

3 Interrogation 12-

4 Language (idiomatic)

3 Lockpicking 12-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Persuasion 12-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Common Knowledge (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

4 2) KS: Criminal Law & Procedures (INT-based) (5 Active Points) 15-

3 3) KS: Super Villains (INT-based) (4 Active Points) 14-

1 4) KS: Superheroes (2 Active Points) 11-

2 5) KS: World War II (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Streetwise 12-

3 Teamwork 12-

Skills Cost: 90

Cost Perk

8 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers, Membership: Crusaders, Police lieutenant

3 Well-Connected

4 2) Contact: Detective Simon Queen. Police Liason (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources) (5 Active Points) 11-

4 Reputation: Well Known Police Hero (A medium-sized group) 14-, +2/+2d6

Perks Cost: 25

Pts. Disadvantage

15 Hunted: Local Police Department 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

10 Hunted: Meta-Human Criminals 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Reputation: Well-Known Police Hero, 14- (Known Only To A Small Group)

10 Soc. Lim.: Secret ID (Occasionally, Major)

• 1 year later...

That plus some superspeed and you have Johnny B from Misfits of Science.:thumbup:

(minus the superspeed) Or that guy from Mutant X (damn I wish I had my DVDs with me), or Elle from Heroes. Actually Vulverability to Water in a Electricity EP is so common that it should be increased in frequency simply because people are going to try it more often (if they can). Kind of like trying Ice powers on a Fire User and Vice Versa