New organization book question...

Dr. MID-Nite

Re: New organization book question...

Here is the "what do you want to see" thread that Steve Long started last summer about this book. Given his outline in the first post on the thread as to what would and would not appear in CCC, I asked him during his subsequent chatroom session about the publication fate of several of the already-established organisations in the Champions Universe which haven't yet been detailed, specifically the IHA, ARGENT, the Trismegistus Council, L'Institut Thoth, and the Cult of the Red Banner.

ARGENT will eventually get its own book. The Cult will get covered in some book at some point, perhaps pertaining to the Martial World. The IHA will be squeezed in somewhere. The rest probably won't get any additional coverage.

:(

So, Dr. M-N, since you have the book would you mind listing which organisations actually did make it in? If they match the ones Steve describes in the linked thread you needn't go into detail, but I'd appreciate a few words about any others he added since. :)

They need to update the description in the Online Store then. Here is the description given there (bold text done by me):

Crews, Cops, And Cabals Not every organization in the Champions Universe is as big and powerful as VIPER or DEMON... but that doesn’t mean they’re not every bit as dangerous! Crews, Cops, And Cabals provides complete information about several organizations suitable for any Champions campaign. It includes the mutant-hating Institute for Human Advancement, bounty hunters who specialize in superhuman prey, the Metahuman Activities Response Squad of the Millennium City Police Department, laboratories dedicated to studying supertechnology, and many more. Author: Andy Mathews, et al.

It doesn't bother me though, I'll buy a copy as soon as my FLGS gets a shipment in.

Here is the "what do you want to see" thread that Steve Long started last summer about this book. Given his outline in the first post on the thread as to what would and would not appear in CCC, I asked him during his subsequent chatroom session about the publication fate of several of the already-established organisations in the Champions Universe which haven't yet been detailed, specifically the IHA, ARGENT, the Trismegistus Council, L'Institut Thoth, and the Cult of the Red Banner.

:(

So, Dr. M-N, since you have the book would you mind listing which organisations actually did make it in? If they match the ones Steve describes in the linked thread you needn't go into detail, but I'd appreciate a few words about any others he added since. :)

I'll do my best, but keep and mind I've barely started going through it...

Angelstone Laboratories: Basically a scientific organization that has interests that generally involve the Superhuman World. Reminded me of that group mention in the Champions Universe Update book..Goodman Insitute?

Bastion Alpha Security: Provides low super powered mercenary help to supervillains.

Executive Control Solutions: Same as above, but generally more on the side of the angels..or at least not overtly bad.

Exoplanetary Society-Near as I can tell, Anti alien society.

Grand Cienelago Island-Resort for Superheroes...nuff said.

MCPD Special Unit Omega: The elite of the MCPD anti-super villain squad.

Sickbay-Special care service for superheroes.

Trans City Construction: Construction company specializing in high speed construction, including repairing damage by superhumans.

ICON-Up and coming criminal organization in the vein of VIPER.

Motlee's Crew-Low powered superhuman theives...whose powers are perfect for that vocation.

Villainy Unlimited- A support service for supervillains.

Hope that helps. Sorry I couldn't provide more detail, but I just got it and haven't read any of it in detail yet.

Rob