New Pulp Hero Game on Hero Central

mallet

Re: New Pulp Hero Game on Hero Central

It all depends how much you want reality to step into the game. This is the pulp genre and I always got the impression the they never let reality get in the way of a good story. :)

Which, when one thinks about it, is probably why Pulp was so popular back then. The ultimate escapeism. :D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... My two favorites from the four are Sihn'ba and Cass "Birdseye" Falco. Either one of them would work in a pulp-supers setting. There's the exotic foreign sword dancer and the small-town hero with bio-degradable wings. Not too super to pass for normal when need be. Not too powerful to be bulletproof.

I don't have hero designer or 5th ed or any of the books (4th ed has always worked for me.) So any character I come up with will have to vetted.

Mallet's original settings will be fine. I wasn't planning on anything elaborate, just a way for us n00bs to get used to the PbP setup and to see if our choices work, then we can revise them if they don't work. Then I can turn the reins over to Mallet when he's ready to start up.

Mallet's original settings will be fine. I wasn't planning on anything elaborate' date=' just a way for us n00bs to get used to the PbP setup and to see if our choices work, then we can revise them if they don't work. Then I can turn the reins over to Mallet when he's ready to start up.[/quote']

The only problem with that is that Mallet didn't specify either.

The only problem with that is that Mallet didn't specify either.

Hmm.... Good point.

Ok, 150+75 seems reasonable. This will allow a lot of skills, perks, and talents for our 'Larger than Life heroes. Reasonable powers will be welcome, but don't get too silly. Mallet said that 'character specific' equipment will have to be bought with points while mundane equipment can be paid for with cash/wealth, so we'll stick with that.

I'll have to look up the 'Rule of X' as I'm not familiar with the term.

We'll stick with this unless someone comes up with with something better o Mallet vetoes it.

Will that work?

Works for me.

Doc Shock as posted is 125 + 75. (http://www.herogames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1500377&postcount=17)

25 points spent on more pulpish elements to help the character fit into the genre better would be nice.. if I understood the genre better.

Does anyone have suggestions for skills or talents that would fit, or ideas to make for a more pulpish "Man From The Center of the Earth"?

Cool I have 25 more points to play with... So many choices.

Question. If a character always carries a gun, does that count as character specific weaponry? What about Sihn'ba's swords?

I would say that the swords are Character Specific due to their rarity and the ties to Sihn'ba, while anyone can get a gun being in Chicago and all. :)

Hey all, just checking in. I think I got enough of an idea to start up with. I'm setting up a HC room(?) now. Don't worry if you don't have a character ready or not. We'll just role-play for a few posts while we get a handle on it.

Ok, when you're ready, the game I set up is called "The Confrence" :)