Danger Sense with Targeting

Fedifensor

Danger Sense is a talent built as a power that has Targeting with a -1 limitation (only if half roll made). I'm trying to build a version without that limitation, that otherwise functions as Danger Sense does. Here's what I came up with:

Combat Precognition (Danger Sense): Detect Danger (any danger) 17- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Sense, Targeting

My question - aside from the change in Targeting to remove the -1 limitation, would this function the same as Danger Sense, Functions as a Sense, Out of Combat, Immediate Vicinity, Discriminatory, and Analyze?

My immediate guess is that it would, save for the fact that the first writeup would take range penalities to detect danger that wasn't directed at the character, while the second one would take no penalty (as that is paid for by "immediate vicinity"...

Re: Danger Sense with Targeting

Um... yes, that looks right, as far as getting the Targeting upon any successful PER Roll. I'm not sure about how Range Penalties work with Danger Sense. I've always figured it was based on the range of the sensing character to the source of the danger, rather than to who's in danger.

Well, it looks like Wanderer got an official answer for me...

Hullo Steve, hope your holidays were fully satisfactory so we can deluge you with insane questions with no remorse. :P

My question for today:

Since Danger Sense is built including Targeting with Needs Half Roll, -1, in order to make Danger Sense fully Targeting, is it legal to buy Targeting with a -5 Custom Adder, in order not to pay the same thing twice ?

Assuming the GM's even willing to allow that sort of thing at all' date=' just rebuild the Talent using the full value of Targeting.[/quote']

I think the way I build it works. For the range penalty, I assume any danger to myself doesn't take a range penalty, but danger to another in my area would take a penalty based on the distance between me and them...which makes sense, since it would be harder to sense a danger to others. Besides, as the power is already close to 50 points in cost, I really can't afford No Range Penalty on top of that...

As a matter of fact, it was your thread which reminded me this was a long-standing pet peeve I was going to ask Steve sooner or later. Since Danger Sense with Discriminatory and full Targeting is one power construct that is going to be appropriate and useful for many character concepts.