metamorphs to my right, metamorph's to my left

JmOz

OK as some of you know I have been working on a little thing called Project 275, an attempt by me to make one character of each archtype on a low power level, a level where they can walk the fine line between champs and DC:TAS (Hudson City Powers version), think where good spider-man stories take place. Well I am having trouble with the concept for the metamorph

My first idea was a lycanthrope (A Were Hawk)

My second is a zooamorph

I fear that both ideas may be a little to champions and not enough street, so I open it up, anyone have any ideas for me>?

Re: metamorphs to my right, metamorph's to my left

Easy. A face-shifter' date=' i.e. master of disguise. Give him some martial arts so he can defend himself, but he's really more of a spy than anything else.[/quote']

That probably is the best way to go for street level. I was going to suggest a duplicator.

Not sure what you mean by "street" exactly, but Werewolf's are classics for relatively low powered super-creatures, and a Jekyll / Hyde is easy to do on 275, heroic or villainous.

Silly but fun paradigm shift: Joe Ilanerelli is a failed petty criminal and drug addict. He discovers that the right combination of street drugs turns him, for a few hours, into "Jack Paragon", a brave and honorable man, brilliant sleuth and scientist, and extraordinary athlete. When the drugs wear off, he's miserable, untrustworthy Joe again. Joe keeps making the change, hoping that his time as Jack will open up an opportunity for somehow crawling out of the mess his life has become, even though he hates Jack and doesn't begin to understand him. Jack hates turning back into Joe, but can't stop the transformation, and feels pity for his other self.

If not that, a Voodoo practitioner ridden by Loa is a great metamorph that doesn't require a four color setting.

need coffee, not awake...thinking of Snowbird but with urban animals (dogs, cats, pigeons, squirrels, rats, ect.)

[edit] It's amazing what 5 minutes and a cup of coffee can do. The idea behind the above is that the forms are weak (and low cost), but together provide alot of versatility (i.e. no combat forms with the possible exception of a large dog). I would call the character Feral, a term used for domestic animals returned to the wild.

I have another urban character idea but I think it may be too powerful or mainstream Champions. Concrete, a character who can turn into concrete providing (low level?) super strength and damage resistance. For an alternate look, call him Blacktop and have him be able to turn into asphalt concrete.

I actually think werewolves may be too expensive for 275 points. I don't have the Bestiary with me, but I think most of the examples are in the 300-point range.

However, a lot of that is the Spread Lycanthropy transform, with which one could dispense.

I always wanted to play a werewolf or a vampire, but they are sooo cliched...

The bestiary write ups of supernatural creatures have to be seriously trimmed if writing up PCs in a point limited Superhero campaign. Most of them have a long list of powers of questionable utility for a PC, and those powers are usually outside of a framework.

The bestiary write ups of supernatural creatures have to be seriously trimmed if writing up PCs in a point limited Superhero campaign. Most of them have a long list of powers of questionable utility for a PC' date=' and those powers are usually outside of a framework.[/quote']

Plus, the PC is probably going to want more/different skills.

I love the Bestiaries though.

I actually think werewolves may be too expensive for 275 points. I don't have the Bestiary with me, but I think most of the examples are in the 300-point range.

However, a lot of that is the Spread Lycanthropy transform, with which one could dispense.

I always wanted to play a werewolf or a vampire, but they are sooo cliched...

Eventually, it stops being cliche and becomes iconic; nothing wrong with playing the classic, not-always-controlled loup garou.

How about the Living Weapon guy' date=' who can refashion parts of his body into various instruments of nastiness? Or has a suit that can do the same.[/quote']

And the special effects are endless; he can be cyborg, have a magic amulet, be a Tzimisce (they've been coming up alot for some reason...) and so on. He can 'shift' his body to create additional armor (vis-a-vis a Force Field with an SFX) and possibly could even modify his face. Possibly even rearrange himself to run on all fours, werewolf style.

Street level Metamorph... What comes to mind is DC comics Human Target. To add a twist to this, make them a mystic who takes the form of the person they are to protect without any conscious control. (Quantum Leap meets the Human Target via Dead Man's Mission ) ie:

23 Shape Shift (Sight, Touch and Hearing Groups, limited group of shapes, Humans), Cellular, Imitation, Instant Change, Makeover, Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (70 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2)

Add a few additional powers to allow varied size and weight link to Shape Shift. Add combat and survival skills to mix with the backstory this poor sap becomes some one different and then they have to figure out 'who' they are what they got to do to save them or avenge them.

Not sure what you mean by "street" exactly, but Werewolf's are classics for relatively low powered super-creatures, and a Jekyll / Hyde is easy to do on 275, heroic or villainous.

Silly but fun paradigm shift: Joe Ilanerelli is a failed petty criminal and drug addict. He discovers that the right combination of street drugs turns him, for a few hours, into "Jack Paragon", a brave and honorable man, brilliant sleuth and scientist, and extraordinary athlete. When the drugs wear off, he's miserable, untrustworthy Joe again. Joe keeps making the change, hoping that his time as Jack will open up an opportunity for somehow crawling out of the mess his life has become, even though he hates Jack and doesn't begin to understand him. Jack hates turning back into Joe, but can't stop the transformation, and feels pity for his other self.

If not that, a Voodoo practitioner ridden by Loa is a great metamorph that doesn't require a four color setting.

I really don't know what I am talking about. I want something darker than DC:TAS the Hundon city Powers setting, think a bronze age type HCP game to an extent. I do want a little more power than what would be normaly considered appropriate.

Character's from comics that would fit in well

Batman and crew ESPECIALY Nightwing

Spiderman

Daredevil

Luke Cage & Iron Fist

Elongated Man (You know...)

Green Arrow (w/trick arrows)

Black Canary

The stories are going to be a mix of street level fighting the mob, with supervillains trying to do the mix of normal super villain things (Use multi million dollar weapons to steal a few thousand, take over the world, get revenge)

If you are interested in a metamorph that has the spiderman type vibe, how about something like Sandman... or if you want to go sort of Batman beyond, how about Inq.

In short, shape shifting, body weapons, and some damage reduction.

Fun for everyone.

The original urban legend...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewer_alligator

How about an alligator-man (or a were-alligator for Log :thumbup: ) that lives in the sewers. I would give him super-strength, resistance to injury, and a tracking scent. He would have the ability travel throughout the city unseen via the sewers (AK: Sewer Networks) and have the uncanny knack of getting into the most secure areas (Access Perk, hey every building has a bathroom!). This may seem a bit silly but I bet this would be alot of fun to play.