Time Travel help

Roy_The_Ruthles

Does anyone have any links or suggestions about how to run a time travel game? I'm thinking of a short mini-series, (6 sessions probably), that starts in media res, with the heroes fighting some villains, and then they travel through time, (probably traveling backwards to set the events in motion that makes them villains) and then fight themselves again (this time as the villains).

Re: Time Travel help

IMO time travel adventures give you unparalleled opportunity for self-contradictory, thoroughly impossible chains of events. Time travel implies causality violation, so you no longer have to have a good reason for things to happen. If you like slapstick on a cosmic scale, here's how to get it.

For true chaos, have the PCs go back in time and (apparently) succeed in thwarting the Bad Guys machinations. Then when they return to the present, they find their reality even more bunged up than before, and have something explain to them that they made the situation worse. So the obvious thing for them to do is to go back AGAIN but this time fight themselves (which no PC group relishes at all). There should be a less-obvious but more difficult option to prevent the contradiction from arising at all.

Re: Time Travel help

Thia I like the way you think, your a man after my own style!!!

I'd Rep You Up again, but I did that yesturday!!!

Penn

Heretic! BURN HIM!

Except, you know, I've heard a lot of people say that the GURPS supplements are some of the best out there. So burn him.

Then take his GURPS books. :eg: