Stupid things Sean thinks of on the way home

Sean Waters

Technically - TECHNICALLY, right - stay with me - powers that don't use END have no visible sfx and it should not really be obvious therefore that you are using the powers. The list includes Missile Deflection, Gliding and Duplication.

Conversely - and I wouldn't like anyone to think of this as anything but my brain trying to get me to crash the car - powers that DO use END should have visible sfx and it should be obvious that you are using them. The list includes Shapeshift, Images and Invisibility.

Right. Good. Time for a beer.

Oh, and does anyone have any idea what this 'Tags' box is for? I'm gonna write something int here and see what happens :D

Re: Stupid things Sean thinks of on the way home

Technically - TECHNICALLY' date=' right - stay with me - powers that don't use END have no visible sfx[/quote']Well, even more technically, powers that don't normally cost END aren't required to have visible SFX. Just because they're not required to doesn't mean they don't. :)

Technically - TECHNICALLY' date=' right - stay with me - powers that don't use END have no visible sfx and it should not really be obvious therefore that you are using the powers. The list includes Missile Deflection, Gliding and Duplication.[/quote']

There is a difference between seeing the power itself, and seeing the effects of a power. Just because you can't see *how* a character is gliding though the air doesn't mean you don't recognize that the character is not plummeting to the ground.

Conversely - and I wouldn't like anyone to think of this as anything but my brain trying to get me to crash the car - powers that DO use END should have visible sfx and it should be obvious that you are using them. The list includes Shapeshift' date=' Images and Invisibility.[/quote']

And all three of those powers are powers who's effect is to modify perception in some way, thus overriding their own "visible" F/X. They wouldn't be worth a darn if their own F/X automatically gave them away.

Right. Good. Time for a beer.

I'll agree there! :cheers:

Oh' date=' and does anyone have any idea what this 'Tags' box is for? I'm gonna write something int here and see what happens :D[/quote']

AFAICG, they are for the purpose of facilitating searches.

Now he probably wrote something terribly stupid in there' date=' like "e", and this thread will come up in every search containing the letter e.[/quote']

Close. He put aquanaut, entropy, flute, imbecile, murk in there for some reason. I mean, come on. Murk? That has nothing to do with the other things.

:D