Double The Hero Excitement!

Darren Watts

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Double The Hero Excitement!

It's not up because that was the agreement.

DOJ got to make their announcement at DunDraCon, but they had to wait until Wednesday before making any statements online or in print, because Cryptic wanted to make an announcement at the Game Developers Confernce on Wed.

It's not up because that was the agreement.

DOJ got to make their announcement at DunDraCon, but they had to wait until Wednesday before making any statements online or in print, because Cryptic wanted to make an announcement at the Game Developers Confernce on Wed.

And I got the feeling that Cryptic's decision to move their announcement from Monday (the original plan) to Wednesday (when there is better foot traffic at GDC) came at the last minute (that is, someitme late last week). But I could be wrong.

And I got the feeling that Cryptic's decision to move their announcement from Monday (the original plan) to Wednesday (when there is better foot traffic at GDC) came at the last minute (that is' date=' sometime late last week). But I could be wrong.[/quote']

But you interpreted it the same way I did.

And I got the feeling that Cryptic's decision to move their announcement from Monday (the original plan) to Wednesday (when there is better foot traffic at GDC) came at the last minute (that is' date=' someitme late last week). But I could be wrong.[/quote']

Well, it may not have been last minute precisely, but it doesn't matter how short the notice was. The word came from Cryptic that they wanted to move their announcement to Wednesday, and HERO responded with something along the lines of, "Uhm, a Wednesday announcement at DDC might be under-attended."* So everyone agreed they could still do it Monday, although it means that we crazy fans will likely blab what we heard all over the place before Cryptic does. So it goes.

*For anyone that doesn't know, DDC ended Monday.

We’ve interrupted our regularly-scheduled programming for this special Monday news announcement! Hero Games and Cryptic Studios are proud to announce that they recently concluded a deal for Cryptic to create the Champions Online Massively Multiplayer Roleplaying Game!

The basics of the deal are this. Cryptic has bought the Champions and Dark Champions intellectual property from us — the characters, places, events, and so on — and licensed back to us the right to produce Champions RPG books. Cryptic has not bought the HERO System rules, and the Champions Online MMO will not use the HERO System rules for character creation or anything else (though it may use a lot of HERO System terminology). You can read more official information, including the press release, on the “Champions Online MMO” forum of our Discussion Boards. The first post on that board includes a link to the new webpage for the MMO. We hope all you HERO/Champions fans out there are as excited as we are about this, and we look forward to seeing you in the world of Champions Online!

They finally officially announced it!

And I got the feeling that Cryptic's decision to move their announcement from Monday (the original plan) to Wednesday (when there is better foot traffic at GDC) came at the last minute (that is' date=' someitme late last week). But I could be wrong.[/quote']

My understanding was that it was very last minute. :)