The Ultimates Bundle

Mestopheles

Re: The Ultimates Bundle

I'd buy it. :D

I know: Shock, surprise! ;)

Same here :thumbup:

The size/weight wouldn't really be an issue. I already carry 2 backpacks full of books, computers and gaming supplies to every game. Anything that gets me closer to only needing one backpack would be a good thing ;)

Of course, a PDF version of the proposed magnum opus would have none of the size/weight issues. hmmm... I think I like that...

Instead of Fred, we could call it MOE (Magnum Opus Edition) :P

Hey guys, I was browsing the online store and found the Ultimates Bundle:

The Ultimate Vehicle

Hero System Vehicle Sourcebook

Ultimate Brick

Ultimate Mystic

Ultimate Metamorph

Ultimate Speedster,Ultimate Mentalist

Ultimate Skill

Ultimate Energy Projector

Total price: $200.

I know this is a bargain in terms of overall cost, but assuming that $200 is more or lessa hand-wave and all I have at the moment is the base book, would this be a good first purchace to round out my HERO stuff?

In other words, if you only had the Big Black Book and 200 bucks to spend, would you spend it on this bundle?

I actually saw this bundle when I was shopping for my Pulp Bundle :thumbup: and was mighty tempted. It's an amazing value and I'm not even much of a fan of the Ultimate books, for the reasons jtelson and kdansky mentioned. Hard to get more HERO for $200.

Speaking here, I think, of doing a version of Hero with all of the "optional" rules from Ultimate and genre books:

I've vaguely thought of trying to create something like that' date=' at least for my own personal use. Probably have to be 6-point type and come with a magnifying glass. ;) Or make it some sort of 2,000-page book the size of a medieval grimoire.[/quote']I think it would be practical as a PDF-only product, with only the new rules (very skimpy on the examples, analyises, and so forth). I know that I, for one, would love to have it.