The Spiritual Martial Artist

mcgreeno

Ok Guys I need some help with Game Balancing, rules call

I have a player character that is a Psi Wraith, the game is champions setting..

Here is what I would like to allow the character to do

By a Martial Manuver, Based of ECV, MD applies. Strength Does not add to damage. "Here is the Iffy part". EGO ADDS TO DAMAGE.

Now The Ego Adds to damage, is explanied as The characters ego adds to damage just like STR. Should this be a Advantage, or a disadvantage..

My Thoughts

Advantage: Your only buying one stat for EOCV, EDCV and Damage.

Disadvantage: EGO already cost 2x the cost of STR,

So, I would really like some Ideas, on this my thoghts are wavering between

+ 1/4 adder, or -1/4 adder...

Thanks In advanced for helping me dertime the value of this Adder..

Re: The Spritual Martial Artist

I understand that I can do most of this with ego blast for around the same price, but in this case it is more the fill, and ego blast can't do trips or disarms, or give a bonus to DCV, ironicaly, It being a given that the ocv bonuses and minuses apply to DOCV, but I am going to allow the DCV bonuses and Minuses to apply to both ODCV and OECV...

It's all about the flavor, and of course neat manuvers for the character. He likes complex. I just want to make sure I balance it right..

The martial arts rules arn't really designed to do what you want. Firstly, Ego, unlike Str, doesn't do damage on its own, so the martial manuvers that are enhanced strikes arn't appropriate.

I suggest a Multipower martial art, and some 3 point levels. For instance:

60 pt multipower- mind fighting

-6u mind strike: 6d6 Ego blast

-6u mind throw 5d6 ego blast, does knockback

-4u mental disarm: 10d6 mind control, nonverbal, fixed command: drop that.

-2u mind block: 12 md forcewall transparent to pd/ed, self only, no range, requires ECV hit roll, no englobing, instant

-4u mind dodge: Desolidification vs all attacks psionic

12 +4 with mind fighting.

Should do everything you want.

It is the concept of the character, and Physical manafistation of an astral form.. Essential, the character fights solely with with spirtual form, however he has not learned how to fully step over to the astral side.. His block, punches and kicks etc are completly directed by his mind, sense his body is only useless baggage that he has yet to shed. Thus the Name Psi (Psionic)

Wraith (Astral Manafestation).

Heck I just thought the Idea was unique and creative.. Weather the rules like it or not I shall incoorprate what the player wants..

Which is basicly Fighting just like a reagualar character ecept everything goes the opponents mind, But he wants Martial Manuvers, It will take some work... That is why I am trying to balance the for mentioned build. The player really dosen't want a MP, or similar psionic powers, just a unique take on an martial artist...

Thanks so far guys given me food for thought

The martial arts rules arn't really designed to do what you want. Firstly, Ego, unlike Str, doesn't do damage on its own, so the martial manuvers that are enhanced strikes arn't appropriate.

I suggest a Multipower martial art, and some 3 point levels. For instance:

60 pt multipower- mind fighting

-6u mind strike: 6d6 Ego blast

-6u mind throw 5d6 ego blast, does knockback

-4u mental disarm: 10d6 mind control, nonverbal, fixed command: drop that.

-2u mind block: 12 md forcewall transparent to pd/ed, self only, no range, requires ECV hit roll, no englobing, instant

-4u mind dodge: Desolidification vs all attacks psionic

12 +4 with mind fighting.

Should do everything you want.

Nice set of maneuvers I would pass some rep but I cannot at the moment. Can someone help out?

Re: The Spiritual Martial Artist

in a word: broken.

All that's lacking is damage absorption to ego and...

go ahead and hit me, I dare you...

(really, you're replacing STR and DEX with EGO)

STR costs less, but DEX costs more. You're going to hit everything automatically (essentially) and you're going to do a lot more damage because many targets lack MD, while NOBODY lacks PD.

Also, you have the opportunity to throw a multi-power attack with martial arts. Normally, this is meaningless, as it allows a martial artist to throw his ineffective attacks along with his one or two good ones. With this, everything that connects is pretty much pure damage.