terrorist mutants

Bengalelf

:help:Does anyone know of a mutant organization that is willing to hire assassins to kill anti-mutant politicans? I need it for an advernture I am deveopling. I know I can always create my own, but I was wondering with the rich history of the Champions world if anyone knows of one that exists.

I know Holocaust is very pro-mutant, but I am looking more for an organization than an individual. Some group willing to go to extremes for their beliefs.

Re: terrorist mutants

I can't think of one but if you have to create your own, I have an idea.

First make the mutant not very powerful but give him a strong personality and a victim's history that turned him evil. Average stats except for Int, Ego, and Pre (make that one big 30+). He's an organizer getting other people to do his dirty work. He wouldn't have a mutant kill an anti-mutant politician. That would be obvious. He'd hire someone to hire someone else to kill the anti-mutant politician. The only time he hires mutants is either to a) keep people from seeing a pattern or B) eliminate potential rivals in the mutant underground.

In 4th addition there was a group in the Mutant File source book. I believe they were Called IMAGE. Dont have my old books around so I'm not sure of all the details of the group

If you don't mind using Fourth Edition material, IMAGE ("Imminent Mutant Ascension and Global Evolution") would be a fine group for your purposes. Dedicated to promoting global domination of "normals" by mutants, it's well organized, very pro-active, and violent. It recruits mutant members and is building a sizeable army, and has an elite cadre of powerful combatants. It has no need to hire assassins. The Mutant File provides pretty substantial details of the group and its members.

From the Fifth Edition CU, your best bet would be a villain from Villains, Vandals, And Vermin called Momentum. Whereas Holocaust isn't really pro-mutant so much as pro-Holocaust, Momentum is a dedicated "mutant rights" advocate with ambitions of mutant conquest of the world, very much in the vein of Marvel Comics' Magneto. Although he isn't given an organization in VVV, he's described as an active recruiter.

In my campaign, the Conquerors (Classic Enemies, 4th ed) filled the role of the Brotherhood. I made some changes to the lineup over the years (I never thought Ankylosaur fit the group). I agree with others, the 4th ed Mutant File is the best if not a touch overpowerful. I liked the Conquerors best because I could make them at least a little sympathetic. Not evil just on the wrong side.

The thing I liked about Image, was the feeling of a well trained team, They were all trained in Martial Arts & carried weapons incase they lost thier mutant powers, I also like they were usually 1 specialty Power mutants and there minor powers (If any) didnt stray far from the 1 specialty power

In my campaign' date=' the Conquerors (Classic Enemies, 4th ed) filled the role of the Brotherhood. I made some changes to the lineup over the years (I never thought Ankylosaur fit the group). I agree with others, the 4th ed Mutant File is the best if not a touch overpowerful. I liked the Conquerors best because I could make them at least a little sympathetic. Not evil just on the wrong side.[/quote']

Stronghold has established that Neutron and Arc still exist in the 5E Champions Universe, so it's just a matter of updating them.

It's mentioned that Neutron is old with fading powers, so a rejuvenation like Alpha the Ultimate Mutant and Erik the Red did with Magneto may be in order.