Reborn Into History

Certified

Over the last week the weather has turned. Violent storms seem to be erupting across the globe. Meteorologists are baffled and the scientific community can offer no answers. During this same week the heroes have encountered several mystic villains who all seem much more powerful than in previous encounters. Psychics around the world have seen dark visions and some have gone mad repeating only a single phrase: "Six have gone into darkness."

As the heroes recover from another battle with a mystic villain they are visited by an aged woman. Her body seems drained of life but she moves with an unnatural speed. When she speaks it seems as if her voice is the sole birthplace of life.

"Once there were seven of us. Beneficent Immortals who served to hold back the tidal forces of Darkness. Our battle has been unending for over three thousand years yet through an act of vile trickery He who is master of Infinite Time and Space as imprisoned my Brothers and Sisters beyond the place no man can reach. I am born of Immortality and alone have survived their fate. In my service to Lord Wisdom child of Infinite Time and Space I have come to you to take up the mantle of Beneficent Immortal to serve as an aspect of Devotion, Order, Perfect Wholeness, Desirable Dominion, Obedience and Information, and Wisdom just as I am an aspect of Immortality. I have searched the world for six days to find those worthy to succeed me and the the others lost to Darkness but the world cannot be without Truth and Justice so I am forced to bring this burden to you. Once reborn you will become immortal. Yet, I cannot promise you will ever return. Will you accept the embrace of Lord Wisdom and be reborn as one of seven, to rein in the Darkness?"

Re: Reborn Into History

Microman II: "I am relatively inexperienced at this, having just initialized 2.3 years ago. Perhaps you meant to speak with the other Sentinels?" OTOH, if the Old Woman checks out, he might just accept. . .

Hermes: ". . .you said there were seven of them, and all but you have been. . . imprisoned? Okay, how about you start from the beginning, and explain what the hell is going on?" The cosmological incompatibilities might be too much for the scenario. . . and the coincidence of *seven* immortals has some unpleasant resonances for Hermes. Then again, so does 'reining in the Darkness.'

Dolphin: "OK." He most closly identifies with Perfect Wholeness, but will take the aspect offered.

Millennium: "I'm the current incarnation of The Hero With a Thousand Faces. Am I to become one of the Seven? Or am I your Champion, to rescue the other six? Will my powers pass to a sucessor? If the cycle of the Hero will contiue, I wll ascend. If this will break the cycle, I think the world needs the example of a hero."

Iron Will: "I'm 13. But I may be able to fill in for Information long enough to help you find a more suitable canidate."

Cheeta: "Any rules about preformance enhancing substances? I may be disqualified."

Snow Leopard: Does Desirable Dominion include berserker violence when needed?"

Badger- Has an aversion to being immortal/doesnt want to live forever. No go.

Frosty Bob- "Lady, I already got immortality, and evidently got a better deal on it as I got eternal youth to go along with. WHEW! You ugly, you know that." (Likely followed by getting whacked around by the old hag for the insult, yes he seems to have that influence on women :rolleyes:)

Nova: "Lady, I'm already immortal, I subscribe to no law of god or man but my own, and my powers are fated to evolve in godhood in due time. As such, I'm quite reluctant to fetter my destiny to a pantheon of old, however I'm willing to do whatever I can to help you bind the Darkness, short of eternal committment. Is there any way I can help you to recover your siblings, or could I fulfill your need for completeness on a temporary basis ?"

Regarding the global disasters etc -

Vitus
: Oh, COME ON! As if we don't have enough problems. Unless this is related to the way my universe is trying to rewrite itself over this one.... *
nervous
* no, no chance, must be some completely unrelated disaster nothing to do with me

And when the hag turns up and makes her offer

"are you quite sure you've come to the right place?"