My Superhero Universe

Cassandra

My Superhero Universe: The Rise and Fall of UNLESS

The United Nations Intervention Team (UNIT) had been formed a few years before the incident. Captain Hawk, General Winter, Legionaire, Mind Walker, and Red Dragon all represented the permenent members of the security council, and were all loyal to the UN. The UNIT was somewhat underpowered, and had not engaged any supervillain or archcriminal during it's existance. The primary reason was political. The UN didn't want to have it's most powerful group defeated, and be forced to once again call upon American superheroes to save the day.

That made the choice for it's first target all the stranger. The indictment handed down in secret was against the most powerful superhero in the world, Ultraman. He has led the raid with had destroyed the Emperor's weapon, and thus caused him to be deposed. The UNIT planned to capture Ultraman, and would use the superhero's ethics against him.

On a bright sunny day a distress call was picked up by the United Superheroes from a passenger ship off the coast near Empire City. The message said that the Mechanical Menace was attacking. As the alien robot was an archenemy of Ultraman, the hero flew immediately to the scene. Ms. Avenger, a relatively new heroine, was in the area, and was a few minutes behind Ultraman intending to be back up.

When Ultraman arrived he was immediately fired upon by a squad of UNLESS security agents, and after an attempt to get them to cease fire he found himself forced to engage the agents. He managed to disarm them, but found himself then surrounded by the UNIT. Before he could ask what was going on, Mind Walker paralyzed him with her mental powers, and the remaining members attacked, pounding Ultraman without mercy.

Encased in General Winter's ice formed prison Ultraman would have been taken without anyone knowing had not Ms. Avenger arrived at the moment. She demanded to know what was going on, and was attacked herself by the UNIT. As the new heroine was not taken by surprise as Ultraman had, she easily defeated Captain Hawk, Legionaire, and Red Dragon, giving Ultraman the time he needed to free himself from both the mental paralysis and the ice prison.

Unfortunately at that moment Mind Walker paralyzed Ms. Avenger, and General Winter hit her with a frost blast, encasing her head in ice and threatening to suffocate her unless Ultraman surrendered. Ms. Avenger was helpless as Ultraman allowed himself to be rendered unconscious, and was spared a cold death herself by mere moments, finding herself too weak to pursue the UNIT and their captive.

She managed to recover enough to fly away as the passenger liner, with no one else on board, exploded and sank. Ms. Avenger immediately related what had happened to the United Superheroes, and soon over a dozen superheroes and crimefighters were on the case, seaching for Ultraman. President Stephen Decatur Clark demanded to know why the UN had abducted Ultraman, and only then did Secretary General Hans Fromm inform the President of the secret indictment. As Ultraman had been lured and taken in international waters, he arrest was considered legal.

President Clark's Chief of Staff, Brooke Taylor Stevens, sister of Bradley Taylor, the real identity of Ultraman, stood in the Oval Office, fuming about what had happened to her brother. It took a considerable amount of restraint to keep her from flying to New York and delievering a strong protest. As this would have been in the form of tearing the UN Buidling down brick by brick until Ultraman was freed, this was for the best.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secretary Hans Fromm was quite please by how the events were going. The U.S. Government's reaction was to be expected. In fact, he hoped that there would be more forceful in their response, especially the American Superheroes. Fromm had been in the German Army during World War Two, and hated the superheroes who had turned the tide against the Third Reich. Now he had their leader, and would destroy him, and all his allies.

He also had support inside the U.S.. President Clark's opponent for the upcoming election had advocated stricter controls over superhumans. This would give the candidate an issue to ride into the White House. Fromm and met him many times, and found him to be easily manipulated.

Soon Fromm would be master of the world.

Governor Thomas Davis, President Clark's opponent in the upcoming election, came in with is public support of UNIT's "detention" of Ultraman. The Governor was running on a platform calling on the restriction of superheroes and crimefighters. The United States had too many heroes, causing supervillain crime as a reaction. Futhermore other countries without as many superhumans felt threatened.

The fact that many of those nations actively hunted down and killed there superhuman population was something the Governor didn't comment on.

Ultraman found himself in a court room on the island where he had committed his "Crime". He was being judged by someone appointed his position by the Emperor. The prosecutor was a U.S. Senator who had made his name sending Nazi War Criminals to the hangman. And his court appointed defender was someone who had unsuccessfully defended Nazi war criminals. To say that the odds were stacked against him would have been an understatement.

His defense attorney, Felix Maus, an old friend of Hans Fromm, advised him to plead guilty.

Re: My Superhero Universe: American Eagle

American Eagle

Capt. Matthew Stevens, U.S. Army Air Force, Test Pilot

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

18 DEX 24

15 CON 10

12 BODY 4

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

12 COM 1

6 PD 3

4 ED 1

6 REC 0

30 END 0

28 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 70

Cost Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Bureauctics 12-

3 Combat Piloting 13-

2 KS: USAAF 11-

4 Martial Dodge

4 Martial Strike

3 Navigation 12-

5 Offensive Strike

3 Tactics 12-

Total Skills Cost: 33

Cost Powers

7 Multipower (16 Points) OAF: Sword (-1)

1 u) Armor +6 PD +4 ED

1 u) HA +3d6, HTH Attack (-1/2) [1 END]

1 u) HKA 1d6/2d6 w/STR [1 END]

10 Armor +6 PD +4 ED, OIF: Costume (-1/2)

25 Flight 10", 8x NCM, 1/2 END (+1/4), OIF: Wings (-1/2)

2 Running +1"

Total Powers Cost: 47

Total Cost: 150

75+ Disadvantages

5 DF: U.S. Army Air Force Officer (ECon/Noticed)

10 Hunted: Captain Axis (As Powerful) 8-

10 Watched: USAAF (More Powerful/NCI) 8-

10 PhyL: Subject to Orders (Infrequently/Greatly)

15 PsyL: Superpatriotic (Common/Strong)

10 PsyL: Sworn to Uphold U.S. Constitution (Common/Moderate)

15 SocL: Secret Identity (Frequently/Major)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 150

Appearance: Captain Matthew Stevens, U.S.A.A.F. is a handsome 25 year old with brown hair and blue eyes. Ameican Eagle's costume is a red white and blue bodysuit with large golden wings and a gold sword.

Background: Army Air Force Capt. Matt Stevens was flying his P-40 over the California Desert one day when he was hit by a powerful energy beam. He bailed out but another beam damaged his parachute and he was plunding to a certain death when he was saved by Ultragirl. She landed him safely, and explained that a supervillain was operating a secret base in the desert, and thanks to him she found it. Despite wanting him to stay were it was safe, Matt helped Ultragirl attack the base and together they destroyed the death ray before it could be used on a near by city.

Matt later volunteered for an experimental program which could give airmen the ability to fly without an airplane using large wings worn on the back. Although he was more then a little uncertain, Matt felt this was his best shot at meeting Ultragirl again. He was the only one of the subjects to succeed, and became the American Eagle.

Before the U.S. entry into the war Matt joined the Royal Air Force as part of the Eagle Squadron, and led the elite part of that famed unit along with the Home Guard in defending the British Isle against The Axis.

Does this guy have a connection to Lone Eagle?

At that moment, a young woman with black hair and piercing blue eyes entered the court room. She identified herself as Courtney Taylor, an attorney asked by the United States government to defend Ultraman. The prosecution objected, but the court rules that the defendant had a right to chose his own council. The Judge wasn't happy, but was to give the illusion of a fair trial. Besides, Courtney Taylor was young, probably had gotten by on her looks alone. How much trouble could she be?

My Superhero Universe: Ultralass

Ultragal

Courtney Taylor, Attorney

Val Char Cost

50 STR 40

18 DEX 24

25 CON 30

12 BODY 4

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

20 PRE 10

20 COM 5

20 PD 10

15 ED 10

4 SPD 12

15 REC 0

50 END 0

50 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 150

Cost Skills

3 Bureaucratics 13-

3 Conversation 13-

1 FB: License to Practive Law

3 High Society 13-

5 Money: Well Off

3 Persuasion 13-

3 PS[PRE]: Attorney 13-

Total Skills Cost: 21

Cost Powers

10 Damage Resistance 10 PD 10 ED

30 Multipower (30 Points)

1 u) ES: N-Ray Vision

1 u) ES: Perception +1/ES: Telescopic Hearing & Sight +2

2 u) Entangle 3d6, DEF 3, 2x END (-1/2)

2 u) RKA 2d6, 2x END (-1/2)

24 Flight 10", Variable Advantages (+1/2),

Megascale or Reduced END Only (-1/4)

9 LS: High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat,

Low Pressure/Vacuum

Total Powers Cost: 79

Total Cost: 250

150+ Disadavantages

5 Hunted: Mastermind (Less Powerful) 8-

20 PsyL: Code Against Killing (Common/Total)

15 PsyL: Heroic (Common/Strong)

15 PsyL: Patriotic (Common/Strong)

15 SocL: Secret Identity (Frequently/Major)

25 Suscept: Atlantium, 3d6 STUN/Turn (Uncommon)

20 Vuln: Magic, 2x STUN (Common)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250

Background: Courtney Taylor is the daughter of Ultraman and Raven.

Re: My Superhero Universe

American Eagle and Lone Eagle are rivals. American Eagle's wings were designed by Stephen Decatur Clark. He had planned to use the wings himself, but a sudden emergency had him give them to Matt Stevens so he latter could help rescue Brooke Taylor a.k.a. Ultragirl.

My Superhero Universe: Superhero & Crimefighter Templates

Superhero

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

18 DEX 24

20 CON 20

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

11 EGO 2

20 PRE 10

14 COM 2

8 PD 4

6 ED 2

4 SPD 12

8 REC 0

40 END 0

32 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 98

Cost Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Disguise 13-

3 Lockpicking 13-

4 Martial Block

4 Martial Dodge

4 Martial Strike

3 Martial Throw

5 Offensive Strike

3 Security Systems 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

Total Skills Cost: 50

Cost Powers

2 Running +1"

Total Cost: 150

Crimefighter

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

18 DEX 24

15 CON 10

12 BODY 4

13 INT 3

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

12 COM 1

6 PD 3

4 ED 1

4 SPD 12

6 REC 0

30 END 0

28 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 70

Cost Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Criminology 12-

4 Martial Dodge

4 Martial Strike

5 Offensive Strike

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

Total Skills Cost: 28

Cost Powers

2 Running +1"

Total Powers Cost: 2

Total Cost: 100

Explaination: This is an update of my United Superheroes of America Basic Training. The Crimefighter has enough skills to keep up with the Superhero as a sidekick. I chose Criminology and Streetwise as skills because they would give someone the ability to find out who committed a crime, and where they might strike again. The Superhero shows what experience turns a crimefighter into.

As Courtney Taylor was demanding the Court release Ultraman (and scanning the building with her Ultravision, learning the location of UNIT and the UNLESS defenses), President Clark was on television informing the world that the United States was withdrawing from UNLESS, and ordered all American agents to return to the United States. Almost half of the UNLESS defense force abandoned the Court House. Captain Hawk remained with the UNIT, however, citing that the team wasn't technically part of UNLESS.

UNLESS also lost transportation, and telecommunication, both of which had been supplied by the U.S. military. Secretary General Fromm objected, and Governor Davis called it an overreaction, and dangerous to the peace of the world.

Both men would have been shocked to know what President Clark was planning next.

CRISIS Agents, led by it's Director, The Patriot, backed up by the United Superheroes of America, landed on Isle Azure, where the "trial" was to take place. Courtney Taylor remained at Ultraman's side, ready to defend her father and made her debut as Ultragal. The Strike Force surrounded the building while a delegation entered. Four, two men and two women, were dressed in the familiar black suits of the United States Secret Service. The fifth, a woman who appeared in her early thirties, with a commanding presence even in a blue suit, white blouse, and red high heels. The Court gasp as Vice President Melissa Fremont entered, prepared to get Ultraman out no matter what.

At that moment, President Stephen Decatur Clark was addressing the nation.

"My Fellow Americans,

We face a crisis brought on by the desire for power of those who wish to divide us, divide the United States from the rest of the World, and divide those with powers from the rest of humanity. This blatantly illegal action, the abduction and imprisonment of one of the greatest superheroes in history can not, and will not be tolerated by this administration. Not simply because of the lives Ultraman has saved, the disasters he has prevented, the innocents he has freed from peril, but because he is a citizen of the United States of America.

For two hundred years, since George Washington allied this country with the freedom loving superhumans of the world, America has been home for most of those with powers and abilities beyond most. They fought along side our founding fathers not for treasure, or power, or to be worshiped as gods, but to finally live free as human beings. We as a nation have benefited from their presence. In fact, there are many who believe that the United States would not be the most powerful country in the world without them. I don't believe that, for America is more then just the talent of the few, it is the dream of freedom for the many.

I have asked Vice President Fremont to secure the release of Ultraman by whatever means necessary. She is well qualitifed for this task, and is backed up by the best this country has to offer in both military personal and superheroes. I fully expect this crisis to be resolved within the hour. If, however, the UN decides to press the matter, then the United States of America with withdrawl from the United Nations, and expell that body from this nation's soil. Furthermore, we are as we speak expelling Secretary General Fromm back to his homelane even as I speak to you now.

Thank you, Good Night, and God Bless America."

I get the sense that many of you want me to go into more details of what a world that has always had superhumans would look like, socially, politically, legally, and technologically. I'll be exploring these areas in upcoming posts.

I'll also be going into more detail regarding the premier group,

The United Superheroes of America (USA)

Re: My Superhero Universe: The Rise and Fall of UNLESS

CRISIS Agents, led by it's Director, The Patriot, backed up by the United Superheroes of America, landed on Isle Azure, where the "trial" was to take place. Courtney Taylor remained at Ultraman's side, ready to defend her father and made her debut as Ultragal. The Strike Force surrounded the building while a delegation entered. Four, two men and two women, were dressed in the familiar black suits of the United States Secret Service. The fifth, a woman who appeared in her early thirties, with a commanding presence even in a blue suit, white blouse, and red high heels. The Court gasp as Vice President Melissa Fremont entered, prepared to get Ultraman out no matter what.

At that moment, President Stephen Decatur Clark was addressing the nation.

"My Fellow Americans,

We face a crisis brought on by the desire for power of those who wish to divide us, divide the United States from the rest of the World, and divide those with powers from the rest of humanity. This blatantly illegal action, the abduction and imprisonment of one of the greatest superheroes in history can not, and will not be tolerated by this administration. Not simply because of the lives Ultraman has saved, the disasters he has prevented, the innocents he has freed from peril, but because he is a citizen of the United States of America.

For two hundred years, since George Washington allied this country with the freedom loving superhumans of the world, America has been home for most of those with powers and abilities beyond most. They fought along side our founding fathers not for treasure, or power, or to be worshiped as gods, but to finally live free as human beings. We as a nation have benefited from their presence. In fact, there are many who believe that the United States would not be the most powerful country in the world without them. I don't believe that, for America is more then just the talent of the few, it is the dream of freedom for the many.

I have asked Vice President Fremont to secure the release of Ultraman by whatever means necessary. She is well qualitifed for this task, and is backed up by the best this country has to offer in both military personal and superheroes. I fully expect this crisis to be resolved within the hour. If, however, the UN decides to press the matter, then the United States of America with withdrawl from the United Nations, and expell that body from this nation's soil. Furthermore, we are as we speak expelling Secretary General Fromm back to his homelane even as I speak to you now.

Thank you, Good Night, and God Bless America."

you tell 'em mr president

With Vice President Freemont and her Secret Service detail in the countroom UNIT attacked the United Superheroes of America members outside the building. Lady Liberty, Captain Justice, Straight Arrow, Black Cat, and Anthem easily repulse the attack, and soon the UN "Heroes" were disarmed, and the UNLESS security force quickly surrendered.

Suddenly a force wall surrounded the building, and the Emperor voice was heard over every radio in Isle Azure informing CRISIS and the United Superheroes that he and his Panthon was inside the courtroom, and they now had the Vice President and the helpless Ultraman as hostages.

The Emperor, a powered armor villain, plus Heracles, Odin, Harpy, and Vulcan, entered the courtroom only to find Miss Freedom, Raven, Ultragal, Ultralad, Ms. Avenger, and a now freed Ultraman waiting for them. They explained that Miss Freedom had taken the Vice President's place, and the other heroes were disguised as her secret service detail. Ultraman faced off against the Emperor, who had planned all this from the beginning, and while the courtroom was demolished in the fight no innocents were injured, and the villains found themselves unable to retreat because of the Emperor's own force wall.

Ultraman's reputation was cleared, the United Superheroes of America had one yet another victory, and President Clark was re-elected. UNLESS found itself replaced by CRISIS not only in the U.S., but in most of it's major allies as well. While the organization still exists, it's reputation has never been the same. Secretary General Hans Fromm's Nazi past was revealed by the Emperor during the latters trial, and Fromm was tried for his crimes. A fitting end to this saga.

My Superhero Universe: Top Ten Villains

The Top Ten Villains

1) The Mastermind - A internationally renown scientist who turned to evil when he failed to get the recognition he felt he deserved. The focus of his wrath is Ultraman, who appeared the same day he won his Noble Prize. He used his fame to examine the remanants of the Alien Tripods, and adapted their technology to build exotic weapons and devices. Then he lured Ultraman into a trap, and discovered his susceptibility to a gold isotope he called "Atlantium". He created Paragon, using an Ultraman hating egotistical newspaper columnist as a pawn in an attempt to destroy the hero. A number of supervillains have been given their powers in exchange for their services during his attempts at world conquest. Mastermind is personally something of a coward, hiding behind his force field belt and ready to teleport away at the first sign of trouble. He remains to this day one of the greatest threats to the world ever know.

2) Captain Axis - The Traitor, the individual most responsible for the destruction of the League of Heroes during the Night of Infamy. He was once a member known as Captain Atlas, a superstrong handsome titan who made his reputation with fighting low lever criminals in front of the press. Unknown to all he was a Nazi spy who was sent to infiltrate the League of Heroes and destroy it from within. His crime was exposed by the Raven the world's greatest detective, and she, Ultraman, and Lady Liberty had their hands full bringing him to justice. He escaped, and remains at large, no longer working for anyone but himself.

3) The Crime Doctor - A man who knew who to be a doctor, but didn't want to take the time to get a license or go to medical school, the Crime Doctor uses his skills to make money. His patients are his victims, sometimes kidnapped, sometimes conned, all who will suffer poor health unless his medical bill (i.e., ransom) is paid in full. Because of his targetting well known individuals as patients, several superheroes who's secret identies are in or related to the medical profession have become aware of him. This includes Maiden America, Nightingale, Teen Liberty, and especially the Raven.

4) Ice Maiden - Another Nazi supervillainess, this geneticist gained her ice powers during a lab accident. They made her job of capturing, studying, and torturing superheroes all the easier. Wanted for crimes against humanity, including the murder of the League speederster hero known as the Swift, Ice Maiden escaped, and takes jobs as a mercenary supervillain in order to finance her research. She also goes after new heroes with unusually powers in order to find the secrets of their abilities. Lady Liberty defeated her once in a battle that Ice Maiden has never forget, and the Blonde Nazi villainess plots her revenge.

5) The Perfect Gentleman - Although he has no powers, this archcriminal is one of the most hated and feared villains around. The reason is he targets superheroines and female crimefighters for torture and murder. His costume is that of a turn of the century gentleman complete with cloak and cane. This affectation does not prevent him from wearing a diguise to ambush a victim, take her to his lair, and keep her prisoner. The victime is targetted with psychological abuse until she begs for mercy, at which time the real torture will begin. Many heroines have been captured, including the Lioness, but up to know the only known victim to be killed was Lady Condor. She died a true heroine, preventing the death of an innocent, denying the Perfect Gentleman the twisted pleasure of her begging for mercy. Condor and Miss Liberty hunted him down, but he was judged to be criminally insane, and has escaped from time to time.

6) Edmund F. Draecker* - A Nazi Spy Master, he created the group known as the Fifth Column, the Axis superagency that made life so hard for Allied supeheroes. Many allied superweapons projects were threatened, stopped, or stolen by his operatives. He escaped after the end of World War Two, and ran the Fifth Column as an independent organization bent on world conquest.

7) The Mechanical Menace - A scout for the Alien Invasion fleet, the robot landed in a meteor outside of New York, and watched helplessly as Ultraman and Starlet destroyed the three war machines and the hyperspace gateway to it's homeworld. The robot escaped in the confusion, and using the comparatively primitive technology available began to build itself a mechanical body. He created an identity of a powered armored villain in order to interact with others and gain the technology to take over the Earth. Ultragirl became aware of the robots true nature in a fight, and has been targeted for destruction. The Mechanical Menace has worked with the Mastermind from time to time in hopes of getting access to the villainess more advanced technology. For some unknown reason, Starlet's energy is extremely dangerous to the robot, and it avoids her at all cost.

8) The Lone Eagle - Douglas Mandfield was an aviation pioneer who had everything a man could ask for, except power. During the Second World War he saw an chance to seize power by becoming the hero of the isolationist forces and keeping the U.S. out of the war. He created America Force, a gathering of like-minded individuals, and attempted to sabotage the Allied War Effort. After the Japanese attack he seemingly curtailed his activities, but he still seeks political power. He remained in costume after the war, and challenges the United Superheroes of America at every turn.

9) T-2000 - A Soviet Red Army Powered Armored prototyle that was stolen after the fall of Communism. It was used by a number of scientist in an attempt to spark World War Three. The armor is poorly shielded, and leaks radiation. While dangerous, it was defeated by ARES, Morgan Le Fey, and Ultraman outside of President Bradley Taylor's home on Long Island.

10) The Aliens - Their name is unknown, but twice they tried to conquer the world. In 1898 they sent a probe on a forty year journey to our world and used it to open a hyperspace gateway to launch an invasion (see The Mechanical Menace). The first attempt was smashed in 1938, but in 1943 later an Axis attempt to interrupt the Philadelphia Experiment caused a signal to be sent that would allow them to open the gate again in four years. The gateway was moved to New Mexico, so that if the superheroes defending Earth failed it could be destroyed by an atomic bomb. One Alien invasion craft broke through during the battle but was shot down over Roswell.

*Edmund F. Draecker is a name used by the German Foreign Office before and during World War Two, and used to put the blame for certain activities on a non-existant official who was on the books.

Cassandra, here is my first take on one of your characters. I decided to do the Perfect Gentleman. If you want to see something different, just let me know. I made with a top hat and with out one. I also had draw cane, since that is not an option on hero-o-matic generator. I also added some red trim around his cape.