Finger & Palm Print Mimic

Edsel

In our cyberhero game one of the players wants to have a character whose cybernetic hand can mimic any palm and finger prints that he has analyzed. He has a cyber-eye that has detect finger/palm prints with discriminatory and analysis. The eye was easy to build but how would you build the mimic ability?

1) I could use Shape Shift and limit it to mimicking finger and palm prints.

2) I could use a cosmetic Transform.

3) I could just buy a big bonus to Security Systems vs. finger and palm readers.

4) Something else I haven't though about.

How would you do it?

Re: Finger & Palm Print Mimic

Technically, palm readers do the same thing his eye does -- look at the palm print. Shapeshift to sight group would be the trick if there is no chance of failure.

Cybernetic Handprints: Shape Shift (Sight Group, limited group of shapes), Imitation, Instant Change (35 Active Points); Hand / Finger Prints Only (-2), Must Possess Print Information (-1), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Cyberware; -1/4): 8 Real Cost.

If, on the other hand, there's still a chance for failure, make it a bonus to the Security Systems roll.

Re: Finger & Palm Print Mimic

Technically' date=' palm readers do the same thing his eye does -- look at the palm print. Shapeshift to sight group would be the trick [i']if[/i] there is no chance of failure.

Cybernetic Handprints: Shape Shift (Sight Group, limited group of shapes), Imitation, Instant Change (35 Active Points); Hand / Finger Prints Only (-2), Must Possess Print Information (-1), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Cyberware; -1/4): 8 Real Cost.

If, on the other hand, there's still a chance for failure, make it a bonus to the Security Systems roll.

I'd say it's a Touch Group SS, not Sight Group (you're changing the shape, not the appearance). Also, doesn't the Imitation modifier already include the "Must Possess Print Information" deal, as in "you can't Imitate what you haven't examined"?