Character check

revanick

I'm still waiting to play the game, but I decided my martial artist was just too serious of a character. "Con" here seems like a lot more fun to play. There are extra dis-ads for the GM selection. Anything here you wouldn't let fly as a GM, or things you can suggest doing differently? Also, can someone come up with a healing focus more in character?

------------------------------------------------------

Background

Constantine "Con" VorSmyth was a typical gnomish wizard/tinkerer. He is very good at making magical artifacts to do specific things. His culture is up to steam powered, but they combine machanical and magical to do some interesting stuff. He lands in the junk yard of Bert "Batty" Bertrand. Batty is always trying to fix the junk in his yard, or combine parts to make something new. After some communication issues, Bert and Con end up friends. Bert gets a machanical wizard out of the deal, and Con gets a place to stay and lots of new things to figure out how to work and how to modify.

Knowing safety is important, Con settles in to making his own safety gear. He has somewhat modified a leather vest for a bit of extra damage protection and some enchanted sunglasses to help protect his eyes. Realising he is in the land of giants, he also enchants a titanium prybar for a bit of extra protection, and a mag light for when you just want to get away without doing too much damage. He also has a bit of a problem keeping up with Bert's long legs until he enchants a skateboard, and modifies a skateboard helmet for when he falls off the board from altitude. (Note: The teleport effect on his helmet is for designed for crashing into the ground, sides of mountains, sides of buildings. It won't help against someone trying to hit him unless they are swinging a table his way.)

Con realises he should be getting back home, but he has always been a curious type, and he has a whole new world full of movies, rollercoasters, and windsurfing (over water without fish big enough to swollow you whole) to explore. Besides, he never was much good at multi-dimentinal math.

Besides, NASCAR looks like a lot fun.

Con loves to take things apart and put them back together again, although he likes to "improve" them as he does so. He plans on learning about all the new technology around him (electricity and the internal combustion engine are where he plans on starting), but first he had to learn to speak, read and write English.

Powers/Tactics

Keep out of harms way as much as possible flying on his skateboard, keep the range open, and use his flash light to stun and his prybar blasts to damage his oponents. If it gets up close and personal, he can augment his strength with his TK abilities to give his prybar a bit more umph.

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

8 STR -2 11- Lift 75.8kg; 1 1/2d6 HTH damage

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-

20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 7

13 PRE 3 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

10 COM 0 11-

2 PD 0 Total: 2/12 PD (0/10 rPD)

4 ED 0 Total: 4/14 ED (0/10 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

12 REC 12

40 END 0

24 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 103

Movement: Run: 6"/NC"

Swim: 2"/NC"

Cost Powers END

12 Magic: Elemental Control, 36-point powers, all slots: (18 Active Points); Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2)

5 1) Healing 4d6 (max. Healed Points: 24) (Can Heal Limbs) (45 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Character May Take No Other Actions (-1/4), OAF (Focus - Necklace of Hypocraties; -1), Increased Endurance Cost 3x END (-1) 12

6 2) Flash 6d6 (Sight Group) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4) 3

6 3) Energy Blast 6d6 (vs. ED) (30 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (Focus- prybar; -1), No Knockback (-1/4) 3

27 Vest: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED/12 Power Defense), Hardened (+1/4) (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4

10 Crash helmet, safety port. Instant stop when about to crash: Teleportation 1", No Relative Velocity, Trigger- about to crash into a hard surface (+1/4) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 1

3 Sunglasses: Flash Defense (7 points) (Sight Group) (7 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1)

30 TK/flight: Multipower, 45-point reserve, all slots: (45 Active Points); Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2)

3u 1) Leaping +35" (36 1/2" forward, 18" upward) (Accurate, Position Shift) (45 Active Points) 4

2u 2) Flying skate board: Flight 18", Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1) 4

2u 3) Telekinesis (23 STR), Fine Manipulation (45 Active Points); Affects Whole Object (-1/4) 4

Martial Arts: MA NAME

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Flying Dodge -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

3 Basic Strike +1 +0 STR +2d6 Strike

Skills

6 +3 with any single attack

5 Inventor 14-

7 Deduction 15-

11 Mechanics 17-

2 Language: English (basic conversation; literate)

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 146

Total Cost: 249

150+ Disadvantages

15 Physical Limitation-3 ft tall: (All the Time; Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation - Honor's contracts, whether written of verbal: (Common; Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation - Protects the innocent: (Common; Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation-always tries to figure out how things work.: (Common; Moderate)

15 Distinctive Features-3 ft tall: (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted-watched by the INS as an illegal imagrant: INS 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)

15 Hunted - non certified magic user: United Magic Users Union: 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

15 Dependent NPC- "Batty" Bert, the junkyard man: 8- (Incompetent)

Total Disadvantage Points: 249

OK nice design, particularly well thought out background. As tp the build itself I only have two things to suggest.

1. 12/12 defense is okay but if you are going to keep your dex low I'd up it to 15/15 for a 250 point game. This isn't neccesary but I'd want more If I was going to play him.

2. Your EC has Flash, healing and Energy blast in it each of which can only be fired exclusively in a action.

(i.e. Elemental controls are really most effective when you want to be able to do all the things in it at once. As an example an energy character that wants to run a force field, fly, and shoot fire.) Your EC has three slots that becouse of the powers involved can't be used simoltaneously and the flash defense is on automatically as long as you say it's on and it isn't in a multipower that is using it's points on other slots.

What to do? You could probably save some points by putting the Flash defense as a item not in a power frame work at all, put the Healing, Energy Blast and Flash in a Multipower that should save some points and like the sunglasses, let the vest and helmet just exist outside of a power frame work, you have the Vest costing 27 points which I believe is costing you too much to be in the EC as its written. I think it should be something more like 14 with those points, ads and disads.

Re: Character check

Originally posted by revanick

I'm still waiting to play the game, but I decided my martial artist was just too serious of a character. "Con" here seems like a lot more fun to play. There are extra dis-ads for the GM selection. Anything here you wouldn't let fly as a GM, or things you can suggest doing differently? Also, can someone come up with a healing focus more in character?

------------------------------------------------------

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

8 STR -2 11- Lift 75.8kg; 1 1/2d6 HTH damage

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

10 BODY 0 11-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-

20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 7

13 PRE 3 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

10 COM 0 11-

2 PD 0 Total: 2/12 PD (0/10 rPD)

4 ED 0 Total: 4/14 ED (0/10 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

12 REC 12

40 END 0

24 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 103

Movement: Run: 6"/NC"

Swim: 2"/NC"

Cost Powers END

12 Magic: Elemental Control, 36-point powers, all slots: (18 Active Points); Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2)

5 1) Healing 4d6 (max. Healed Points: 24) (Can Heal Limbs) (45 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Character May Take No Other Actions (-1/4), OAF (Focus - Necklace of Hypocraties; -1), Increased Endurance Cost 3x END (-1) 12

6 2) Flash 6d6 (Sight Group) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4) 3

6 3) Energy Blast 6d6 (vs. ED) (30 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (Focus- prybar; -1), No Knockback (-1/4) 3

30 TK/flight: Multipower, 45-point reserve, all slots: (45 Active Points); Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2)

3u 1) Leaping +35" (36 1/2" forward, 18" upward) (Accurate, Position Shift) (45 Active Points) 4

2u 2) Flying skate board: Flight 18", Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1) 4

2u 3) Telekinesis (23 STR), Fine Manipulation (45 Active Points); Affects Whole Object (-1/4) 4

ECs are mostly for when you want to use every power at the same time... since the healing is extra time and no other actions, it only really works if you're doing the flash and the EB at the same time. If you're doing that,

you might try taking them out of the EC and using 'linked', although I'd expect the GM to start introducing lots of flash defense before long ;).

Also there's something wrong with the EC costs... for a 36 point EC, the active costs of the slots must all be at least 36, you've got two 30s.

I wouldn't allow no KB on flash, it's inherently no KB.

The 'stops working if mentalist is stunned' on the pool costs is questionable... it has to apply to all the powers, you've only got flight and TK that might be constant powers, but they turn off when you're stunned anyway. Gestures and incantations are more traditional magic limitations.

Your STUN seems rather low, and with low defenses a solid 8 DC hit could probably drop you.

The story on the formatting is simple: I don't know what I'm doing. (LOL. I am going to have to review the help, because I can't even put a smilie face in at this point. Oh, well).

Here is the modified character. Part of my problem is that I wanted the defensive devices, such as the crash helmet and the force field, to always be on, and tried to trim a few points by keeping them in an elemental control. The idea was that these are safety devices and should work whether or not I'm consious. It didn't make sense to me to have a crash helmet to protect me from smashing into a mountain not work if I don't see the mountain, or if I get knocked unconsious by flying into a seagull at high speed. On the other hand I wanted to be able to fly the skateboard while doing while doing the energy blasting with the prybar, which requires gestures. It didn't seem appropriate to be gesturing to fly the board and gesturing to use the energy blasts at the same time.

I think the answer may be to make the force field and crash helmet not cost endurance and to ditch the sun glasses. I might also trim some points out of both of the multipowers.

What I'm shooting for at this point is a decent character that is within the spirit of the rules and not just the letter of it.

Player:

Val Char Cost
8 STR -2
20 DEX 30
17 CON 14
10 BODY 0
20 INT 10
20 EGO 20
13 PRE 3
10 COM 0
2/17 PD 0
3/18 ED 0
4 SPD 10
11 REC 12
34 END 0
23 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM031 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 97

Cost Power END
7 Enchantments: Elemental Control, 14-point powers
15 1) Vest: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (Focus-Vest; -1/2) 3
5 2) Crash helmet, safety port. Instant stop when about to crash for higher than 1d6 damage: Teleportation 1", No Relative Velocity, Trigger- about to crash into a hard surface (+1/4) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 1
6 Sun Glasses: Flash Defense (6 points) (Sight Group)
40 Physical Magic Manipulation: Multipower, 40-point reserve
2u 1) Flying skate board: Flight 16", Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4) (40 Active Points); OAF (-1) 4
4u 2) Leaping +30" (31 1/2" forward, 15 1/2" upward) (Accurate, Position Shift) (40 Active Points) 4
3u 3) Telekinesis (26 STR) (39 Active Points); Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Concentration 1/2 DCV (-1/4) 4
32 Magic Energy: Multipower, 40-point reserve, all slots: (40 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4)
2u 1) Flash 8d6 (Sight Group) (40 Active Points); OAF (-1) 4
1u 2) Healing 3 1/2d6 (max. Healed Points: 21) (Can Heal Limbs) (40 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Character May Take No Other Actions (-1/4), OAF (Focus - Necklace of Hypocraties; -1), Increased Endurance Cost 3x END (-1) 12
2u 3) Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED) (40 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (Focus- prybar; -1), No Knockback (-1/4) 4
Powers Cost: 119

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
3 Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
1 Weapon Element: Homemade Weapons
Martial Arts Cost: 9

Cost Skill
4 +2 with any single attack
5 Inventor 14-
7 Deduction 15-
7 Mechanics 15-
Skills Cost: 25

Total Character Cost: 250

Val Disadvantages
15 Psychological Limitation - Honor's contracts, whether written of verbal: (Common; Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation-always tries to figure out how things work.: (Common; Moderate)
15 Distinctive Features-3 ft tall: (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted-watched by the INS as an illegal imagrant: INS 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
15 Hunted - non certified magic user: United Magic Users Union: 8- (Mo Pow; Watching; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)

Disadvantage Points: 115

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

The story on the formatting is simple: I don't know what I'm doing. (LOL. I am going to have to review the help, because I can't even put a smilie face in at this point. Oh, well).

Join the club - but I can manage a :) (just click on him on the left). Mine often appear at the end and need to be cut & pasted though.

I liked the old format - it came neatly into a quote. This one leaves slop, which I have deleted.

Here is the modified character. Part of my problem is that I wanted the defensive devices, such as the crash helmet and the force field, to always be on, and tried to trim a few points by keeping them in an elemental control. The idea was that these are safety devices and should work whether or not I'm consious. It didn't make sense to me to have a crash helmet to protect me from smashing into a mountain not work if I don't see the mountain, or if I get knocked unconsious by flying into a seagull at high speed. On the other hand I wanted to be able to fly the skateboard while doing while doing the energy blasting with the prybar, which requires gestures. It didn't seem appropriate to be gesturing to fly the board and gesturing to use the energy blasts at the same time.

Generally, defensive devices are best purchased as some form of defense other than force field, such as armor. That covers off the issues of "persistent" and "0 END".

In my opinion, the EC is outside the rules. There's no real link other than "They're all defenses". Since all the powers are OIF, however, if you could talk me into the EC, I'd be inclined to give the OIF limit on the base cost as well.

I'd buy the vest as Armor (15/15 with OIF is 30 points, but still works if you're stunned, costs no END and need not be switched on and off. If the armor isn't available (and it should be unavailable at times as it is a focus), you have virtually no defenses. You could reduce the armor (and maybe add an activation roll), and use the extra points to buy up base PD and ED.

The teleport is, of course, illegal (under the power minimum), but the effect is reasonable. I'd probably waive the minimum cost if it were me, but I doubt I'd cut it down below 5". This power will probably have more impact than you think, as it would be triggered by knockback into a wall, say.

Hmmm...what's that worth? 5" Tport, Trigger, no rel velocity (what's that, +1/2?) = 17.5 AP. OIF's -1/2. I'd limit it further with "not to escape entangles/grabs" (say -1/2) and "cannot move out of current hex or through barriers" (that's got to be at least -1), and it costs 6 points.

Why aren't the sunglasses a focus as well? OIF or even OAF is reasonable on these.

You could cut the movement powers down a bit to shave some points. You could also merge the two multipowers into, say, a 60 point base, make the movement and TK standard slots and leave the attacks as ultras. Put gestures (or incantations) on the whole thing and you'd shave some points. This would prevent using full movement/TK and attacks at the same time, but save considerable points.

I'd suggest a gadget pool rather than your multi's, but the point cost could get quite steep (no limits on the base cost), and these can be tough to run anyway. If you're fairly confident with the rules you might try forcing your existing gizmos into a gadget pool, but I don't think they would all fit.

Hmmm...you've got 119 points in these now. Assuming a standard pool changed by, say, Inventor skill, and all powers requiring an OIF (or higher focus limitation), you could make an 80 point gadget pooi for 107 points (80 for the pool plus 27 for the control cost). Slap on "maximum 40 active poiints for any one power" (-1/2) and you're down to 100 points. But you still only have 80 "real points" of gadgets, which could force you to cut some powers out (or put more limitations on them).

Can you put which attaxk your levels effect [why I hate computer SW character sheets...]? I'd be inclined to take 3 point levels with the Multi, as you'll likely want to use the Flash, EB and TK with reasonable odds of hitting.

The martial arts are under the 10 point minimum, so a GM could call you on that. Not sure how much use the Strike (at 8 STR) or homemade weapons (you don't have any anyway that add to HTH) will be. Maybe you could get by with "+4 DCV; only when making a full move" - that should be a +1 limitation since it costs you your attack for the phase, so 10 points.

You could shave some points by reducing your skill rolls - these are easy to buy up with XP.

Given his size, a couple of bonus DCV levels (10 pts total) would seem reasonable.

I assume normal characteristic maxima is automatic in the campaign, as your stats qualify and you haven't taken the disadvantage. You've got 15 "extra" disad points, haven't you? Probably prudent - that gives you some leeway if your GM doesn't like the values.

I think the answer may be to make the force field and crash helmet not cost endurance and to ditch the sun glasses. I might also trim some points out of both of the multipowers.

What I'm shooting for at this point is a decent character that is within the spirit of the rules and not just the letter of it.

Player:

Val Char Cost
8 STR -2
20 DEX 30
17 CON 14
10 BODY 0
20 INT 10
20 EGO 20
13 PRE 3
10 COM 0
2/17 PD 0
3/18 ED 0
4 SPD 10
11 REC 12
34 END 0
23 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM031 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 97

Cost Power END
7 Enchantments: Elemental Control, 14-point powers
15 1) Vest: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (Focus-Vest; -1/2) 3
5 2) Crash helmet, safety port. Instant stop when about to crash for higher than 1d6 damage: Teleportation 1", No Relative Velocity, Trigger- about to crash into a hard surface (+1/4) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 1
6 Sun Glasses: Flash Defense (6 points) (Sight Group)
40 Physical Magic Manipulation: Multipower, 40-point reserve
2u 1) Flying skate board: Flight 16", Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4) (40 Active Points); OAF (-1) 4
4u 2) Leaping +30" (31 1/2" forward, 15 1/2" upward) (Accurate, Position Shift) (40 Active Points) 4
3u 3) Telekinesis (26 STR) (39 Active Points); Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Concentration 1/2 DCV (-1/4) 4
32 Magic Energy: Multipower, 40-point reserve, all slots: (40 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4)
2u 1) Flash 8d6 (Sight Group) (40 Active Points); OAF (-1) 4
1u 2) Healing 3 1/2d6 (max. Healed Points: 21) (Can Heal Limbs) (40 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Character May Take No Other Actions (-1/4), OAF (Focus - Necklace of Hypocraties; -1), Increased Endurance Cost 3x END (-1) 12
2u 3) Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED) (40 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (Focus- prybar; -1), No Knockback (-1/4) 4
Powers Cost: 119

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
3 Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
1 Weapon Element: Homemade Weapons
Martial Arts Cost: 9

Cost Skill
4 +2 with any single attack
5 Inventor 14-
7 Deduction 15-
7 Mechanics 15-
Skills Cost: 25

Total Character Cost: 250

Val Disadvantages

Disadvantage Points: 115

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I just type ; ) (without the space) and it put in a smiley.

Sunglasses should be OAF.

Found the min 10 point requirement on martial arts mentioned above, but I haven't seen any minimum on teleport in 5th edition. It should probably have the -1/4 must pass through intervening space limitation. Since it's a trigger, you can probably pay END and have it work even if you're unconscious... once. (until reset again)

The +2 with single attack skill has to be defined as to which single attack it works with.

If you're 3 feet tall, you should probably have 1 level shrinking, 0 END persistent, inherent, always on.

If you don't want gestures while flying, why not incantations? ;)

"Generally, defensive devices are best purchased as some form of defense other than force field, such as armor. That covers off the issues of "persistent" and "0 END"."

A trench coat for a midget with magical reinforcements, maybe?

"In my opinion, the EC is outside the rules. There's no real link other than "They're all defenses". Since all the powers are OIF, however, if you could talk me into the EC, I'd be inclined to give the OIF limit on the base cost as well."

The link was mainly "magical enchantments", set and forget. I think technically they should go into a VPP, but the book also warns that this can be subject to abuse and some GMs might not allow them. The idea was he would wear the gear to keep from getting hurt while experementing, and being blown into a wall seemed like it would be a good thing to defend against. The fact that it will also work if he falls off his skateboard at high speed was a benifit.

"I'd buy the vest as Armor (15/15 with OIF is 30 points, but still works if you're stunned, costs no END and need not be switched on and off. If the armor isn't available (and it should be unavailable at times as it is a focus), you have virtually no defenses. You could reduce the armor (and maybe add an activation roll), and use the extra points to buy up base PD and ED."

Sounds good. Maybe change it to a magically reinforced trench coat?

"The teleport is, of course, illegal (under the power minimum), but the effect is reasonable. I'd probably waive the minimum cost if it were me, but I doubt I'd cut it down below 5". This power will probably have more impact than you think, as it would be triggered by knockback into a wall, say."

The knock back aspect is exactly what it is intended to defend against. I don't actually want to use it for for teleporting at all. In fact, if I could buy it as a 0" teleport it would be perfect. I just want to come to a complete stop relative to walls, ground, mountainsides, etc.

"I'd limit it further with "not to escape entangles/grabs" (say -1/2) and "cannot move out of current hex or through barriers" (that's got to be at least -1), and it costs 6 points."

I like this one too.

"Why aren't the sunglasses a focus as well? OIF or even OAF is reasonable on these."

They aren't because the program keeps telling me Flash defense should not be a focus item. /shrug

"I'd suggest a gadget pool rather than your multi's, but the point cost could get quite steep (no limits on the base cost), and these can be tough to run anyway. If you're fairly confident with the rules you might try forcing your existing gizmos into a gadget pool, but I don't think they would all fit."

"Hmmm...you've got 119 points in these now. Assuming a standard pool changed by, say, Inventor skill, and all powers requiring an OIF (or higher focus limitation), you could make an 80 point gadget pooi for 107 points (80 for the pool plus 27 for the control cost). Slap on "maximum 40 active poiints for any one power" (-1/2) and you're down to 100 points. But you still only have 80 "real points" of gadgets, which could force you to cut some powers out (or put more limitations on them)."

I took a look at someone's write up for Green Lantern with a No Mental Powers at -1. Would you let that fly?

"Can you put which attaxk your levels effect [why I hate computer SW character sheets...]? I'd be inclined to take 3 point levels with the Multi, as you'll likely want to use the Flash, EB and TK with reasonable odds of hitting."

That is what my attack levels were intended to be for, but I had actually limited them to the EB/Flash, seeing as both of them came from focus items, while TK wasn't. Can I link that in as well, or should I take it as Three Manuever thing?

"The martial arts are under the 10 point minimum, so a GM could call you on that. Not sure how much use the Strike (at 8 STR) or homemade weapons (you don't have any anyway that add to HTH) will be. Maybe you could get by with "+4 DCV; only when making a full move" - that should be a +1 limitation since it costs you your attack for the phase, so 10 points."

My thought here was to use the TK to boost the strengh and to use my prybar for the home made weapon. What kind of thing would I have to do to make that work? Concentrate is already required on TK.

"I assume normal characteristic maxima is automatic in the campaign, as your stats qualify and you haven't taken the disadvantage. You've got 15 "extra" disad points, haven't you? Probably prudent - that gives you some leeway if your GM doesn't like the values."

That was questionable. He is a gnome, not a human, so should he be able to take the "Normal Characteristic Maxima"?