how do I do growth through "eating"?

dugfromthearth

I want to create a supervillain who starts out normal size but grows when he consumes something. This could be draining electricity, eating food, or something - haven't settled on what.

But once he grows it is to be 0 END persistent (not inherent).

The idea is the heroes have to stop him from consuming the thing and growing.

So how do I make this growth happen?

Re: how do I do growth through "eating"?

Depending how realistic you want to be, you could link it to an attack power (Drain, HKA), and increase the Linked disadvantage by +1/4 because it's based on the damage actually done, not the power expended, and a further +1/4 to link it to the mass of the object.

That way, a 1d6 HKA on a 6 DEF object doesn't add any mass (too tough to digest), and the more the villain grows, the longer it takes to gain that much mass.

An advantage of making the attack an HKA is that as the villain grows, his total damage increases somewhat as the strength he has to apply increases.

I'd also put an Extra Time disadvantage on both attacks, since the point is for the heroes to stop the villain, so giving them some time to do that in is kinda the point.

I like the BODY to Growth idea as well. If it's energy (like electricity) he needs' date=' just sawp out Transfer for Absorbtion.[/quote']

I'd probably do Absorption and Transfer for somone that eats electricity. Transfer is still good if you want to be able to suck the energy out of an opponent instead of just sticking your tongue into the nearest electrical socket ;)

You could put em both in an MP, possibly adding to an END Reserve with no REC and then having the characters other powers (like Growth) working only off that reserve.

This may not be worth the points spent, however, if the only effect you are going for is a way to limit your Growth based entirely on what you consume.

If you want a direct correlation (depends upon the GM) you could define X as a certain amount Growth per point of BODY consumed.

Transfer (BODY to Growth).

or Growth with an OIF (must have [X] to consume).

I would go with these ideas.