The Dragon Squad

Mr. R

OK I came up with this idea last night as I was falling asleep. A groups of villians/agents all based around a dragon motif. However I do not want a group of viper clones, nor all the guys be all martial artist/(insert archetype) of oriental bent.

Also I am wondering why a group of disparate villians would possibly agree to come together or beformed.

So anysuggestions for members and background?

Any suggestions welcome.

Jerome

The shared world thread has a group of Western AD&D style draconic villains (Red, Black, Green, White, Blue) lead by a woman who is the unknowing avatar of Tiamat the Dragon Queen.

A group of leather winged fire breathing aliens might create a human agent or group of agents who happen to look like humanoid dragons.

The Books of Magic series had a number of magic using dragons who assumed human foorm to pass un-noticed in modern society.

A Jurasic Park type set up with a geneticist trying to create fantasy type creatures could work ("Fantastic Park"), especially if it was a front for a grander plot (Telios from CKC could be behind it). He might have turned a trio of minor crooks into a dragon, a manticore, and a hydra just to see what would happen, and now be using them for his grand scheme. They'd obey to keep up their supply of the drugs they now need to survive.

Re: The Dragon Squad

Originally posted by Mr. R

OK I came up with this idea last night as I was falling asleep. A groups of villians/agents all based around a dragon motif. However I do not want a group of viper clones, nor all the guys be all martial artist/(insert archetype) of oriental bent.

Also I am wondering why a group of disparate villians would possibly agree to come together or beformed.

Any suggestions welcome.

Jerome

I'll handle the 'why a group of disparate villains would join together ' bit first. The easy answer is someone brought them together. Villain teams can (and do) have patrons as well. The group can either be created for just such a purpose from scratch, or brought together because they 'fit the bill'.

You could have a very mixed team based almost entirely on 'parts' of a dragon.

"Dragon's breath" - Flame Energy Projector

"Dragon's Scale" - VERY tough brick, or person in powered armor.

"Dragon's Wing" Flying type, either ariel speedster or martial artist.

"Dragon's Fang" - Sword Master, but that sword can be high tech if you prefer.

"Dragon's Claw" either Standard Martial Artist, or Wolverine Clone :)

And so on... you could throw in a "heart", "Tail" , or "Eye" if needed for mystics, mentalists, and so on.

Re: Re: The Dragon Squad

Originally posted by Hermit

I'll handle the 'why a group of disparate villains would join together ' bit first. The easy answer is someone brought them together. Villain teams can (and do) have patrons as well. The group can either be created for just such a purpose from scratch, or brought together because they 'fit the bill'.

You could have a very mixed team based almost entirely on 'parts' of a dragon.

"Dragon's breath" - Flame Energy Projector

"Dragon's Scale" - VERY tough brick, or person in powered armor.

"Dragon's Wing" Flying type, either ariel speedster or martial artist.

"Dragon's Fang" - Sword Master, but that sword can be high tech if you prefer.

"Dragon's Claw" either Standard Martial Artist, or Wolverine Clone :)

And so on... you could throw in a "heart", "Tail" , or "Eye" if needed for mystics, mentalists, and so on.

And of course when nearly defeated they all merge into one being,

MEGA-DRAGON-ZORD-Z!

:D

Re: The Dragon Squad

Originally posted by Mr. R

First, the theme:

Option One: Five (or more) guys and gals all wearing powered armor of sorts. Give their armor color schemes so you end up with "Red", "Blue", etc. The group is collectively known as "Dragon." Each set of powered armor has a different specialty--one is superstrong, one is heavy weapons, etc. One might even be a mentalist (technology based).

Option Two: theme villains. Wyvern (flight, HKA), Basilisk (some sort of paralyzation power), Cockatrice (mismatch killer), Salamander (fire based), Drake (brick) and Hydra (duplication).

Why they're together:

Option One: "Dragon" is a mercenary group of Eastern European ex-soldiers who really needed something to do once it was clear both the Cold War was over AND metahumans were rapidly becoming a problem to serious crime. These guys are tough, extremely well-trained in small unit tactics, and are consumate professionals. For the right price they'll level a city or guard your daughter's virginity.

Option Two: "Dragon" is a team of villains who, individually, have all had their butts handed to them one way or another over the years. Finally, using some mutual contacts and prison snitches, Cockatrice (or whoever) gets the group together, renames them into a 'dragon' motiff, and trains the group to be the equal or better (ahem) of any superhero group. NOW they can pursue their dreams of living the life of luxury at other people's expense.

Just some stuff off the top o' my pointy head.