TORG???

proditor

I was trying to come up with something I /can't/ do in Hero, and this was about the only thing I came up with. Most if not all of the game is pretty straight forward, it's either Pulp, Magic, Tech or Heroic level stuff, but then come the possibilities....

I had one thought on how to do the possibility spending. Make it a VPP with restrictions like Opposed skill rolls, side effects (Possibility storms) etc.

Can anyone else think of a way to do the possibility spending/storms?

1. havent played TORG, I would try to eliminate SFX from the TORG description, calculate out the Disadvantages, then try to figure out what it is.

I would also look to the new FH book for inspiration, things that alter reality and different ways of thinking about building powers are really explained in the books.

2. are you a Capellan?

:)

Wow, someone else who has a copy of Opponents Unlimited??

COMPADRE!!! :)

Yes, I am a capellan in my net guise. ;)

Basically, the PC's and few of the more Uber bad guys accumulate "Possibility Points" in a variety of ways in the game. When it is dramatically important, they can spend one for an additional die roll (The game is d20 based basically, reroll and add to the total on a natural 10 or a 20 then compare that final number to a sliding scale for an effect number. Sounds hard, plays quick though). So one example was that the party was chasing a bunch of bad guys in the english channel in a nice power boat race when a sea dragon popped up in the middle of the chase and went to attack the heroes. The ninja in the party had the "go first" ability (basically) and he lept into the air, attacked, rolled a 10, rolled an 8, spent a possibility, rolled a 20 on his next roll, then a 15. Net total: 53, which was compared to the sliding scale for a result total. He threw in some adder cards and basically just chopped the dragon's head off in one swing. Basically the points let you do stuff that is off the charts for normal people. Since they can add to anything, I was thinking it might be a VPP that centered on Aid powers...dunno though.

Sounds like one of three easily implemented rules, one a true house rule and the other two more official GMs calls.

1) Allow any PC or major NPC to spend one experience point to dictate the effect of any one die roll, maybe handing out extra experience points to permit this to be done more often.

2) Use the Probability Manipulation power from Digital Hero #4. Basically, pay 10 points to re-roll once per session (there's more to it; check the issue).

3) Luck, as many D6 as you like, 1 or more recoverable charges, charge recovered by doing something the GM feels would earn you back a possibility point, and let the player decide when to activate his or her Luck.

The Possibility Points would be equivalent to Luck (as defined under the new optional rules allowing Luck Points to count as re-rolls and such). Each point would be bought as "Does Not Recover" (-2), requiring PCs to spend XP to replenish them. Reality storm conflicts would thus be bidding wars resolved through the characters' Reality Skill vs. Skill Rolls. The TORG rules say that these conflicts also create storms over the area of the conflict which increase in size the longer it goes on. The PCs wouldn't buy the Reality Storm rules with points- it would be an inherent limitation of the setting.

JG