A progressive multiform.

Alrighty. I am currently working on building a character with a multiform power. Now looking through the rules I saw that if you are building a multiform with more points than your base character, than you either have to account for that with more disadvantages or spend 1 for every 5 points over the limit you are in addition to the cost for the actual points. (I hope I'm describing this well enough) Anyway, this is what I'm looking to build.

Main form: 150 base points / +100 from disadvantages. (this is my gm's build)

1st form: 275point

2nd form: 325point

3rd form: 350point

Now for the third form it can take a few extra disads, so I can have 120 points from disads, but that still leaves 80 points so that would cost me 16 more points (80/5 = 16), and 350 points with x4 forms and Instant change is 85... so the total cost for these forms would be 101.

First of all... am I right?

Second, what about the extra points past the base disads on the smaller forms? Everything I saw referenced only spending points on the most expensive points.

And finally the idea behind the character is that he goes from one form to another in a specific order, each form as it gets more expensive is pretty much the same as the form below it, just with a few extra powers, maybe slightly better characteristics and maybe an extra disad or two. As the fight goes on the character slowly goes up the level of forms until he's at the most powerful form. Any suggestions for how to best build multiform to accurately make this power?

- revxopher :help:

Re: A progressive multiform.

I tried building the idea in an elemental control, it just got to be too much. Lots of triggers and certain powers only active when others are already active... it got to be annoying. From what I've done already, this actually seems to streamline it more and make it a bit easier to handle, I just have to switch from one sheet to the next and everything is upgraded and pretty with no fuss.

The math looks right to me.

As far as the gradual effect thing I don't know. No conscious control might be one way to do it, gradual effect another.

Probably the best bet would be a Limited Power (Can only use multi-form progressively and only after x time in previous form). Or x time in combat or x amount of whatever depending on how you want to work it.

Multiform is not the power you want to use for this, and you will give yourself a headache trying to reconcile the names of powers with their effects.

The first option is to take the weakest character, then buy the additions to him, each with limitations appropriate to his access to them. Your next option is to use some sort of triggered Aid.

Multiform is not the power you want to use for this, and you will give yourself a headache trying to reconcile the names of powers with their effects.

The first option is to take the weakest character, then buy the additions to him, each with limitations appropriate to his access to them. Your next option is to use some sort of triggered Aid.

While, normally I agree Multiform isn't always the best option for this...

there is a great simplification in doing so, especially with a series of stepped progression. It's just plain easy to pull out the next sheet in the step.

Besides - we haven't been told the specifics of each step. Could be there are personality shifts along the way - in which case Multiform is the perfect choice of Powers.

The triggered Aid idea for this I thought about as well. Just building the characters he switches into by adding limitations to his powers might get pretty complicated considering the growth cycles they'd go through.

Personally I like the idea you have for this braincraft though I don't know that I'd call one way right and the other wrong. Multi-Form has a lot of potential for abuse and this is actually one potential example of it. Not saying what the OP is shooting for is abusive, just that edging high point characters into a low-powered campaign is possible with Multi-Form and it's something the GM should really look at to make sure game balance is maintained. Honestly though I think Multi-Form with a limitation is the simplest way to represent what the character is shooting for.

When I first read the OP I thought he was shooting for another form of progressive multi-form were the multi-forms each take multi-form and you basically hit a point were the system breaks. Infinite character points.

And finally the idea behind the character is that he goes from one form to another in a specific order, each form as it gets more expensive is pretty much the same as the form below it, just with a few extra powers, maybe slightly better characteristics and maybe an extra disad or two. As the fight goes on the character slowly goes up the level of forms until he's at the most powerful form. Any suggestions for how to best build multiform to accurately make this power?

- revxopher :help:

Ok, They do this thing in the DBZ(yea, I use to love that show) episodes all the time. Makes me wonder what character you are making? ;)