Remember the binoculars from Star Wars?

Basil

Re: Remember the binoculars from Star Wars?

Many years ago, I drove a big rig for a short while. The company I drove for (and most others from what I gathered from fellow drivers), required us to put "meat locks" on the back doors of our trucks whenever we went into New York City or New Jersey, for just that very reason. Without the locks when you pulled up to a light thugs would jump on the back bumper of your truck and open the doors. They would then climb in and throw out cargo to trucks, vans or people along side as the truck went on its way down the road.

The "meat locks were a clamping contraption that required a special "keyed" socket wrench to unclamp and then open the doors.

That's a story about thieves stealing phones from a moving truck....

Oh bugger! That was the other news article I posted about (over in the Dark Champions forum).

I think this is the link you wanted to post:

http://www.komonews.com/news/tech/21801134.html

Yes. Thank you. I was going to go to the KOMO TV website and search for it, so you saved me some work. Rep to you.

And a new head to me---I wish

PS: I've corrected the link in my original post.

So regular binoculars = +2 Sight modifier' date=' only vs range[/quote']

Well, in Fred, it's listed simply as +2; did reFred add the "only vs range"?

While these would be that' date=' plus maybe a modifier that works overall, not just vs range?[/quote']

Well, it's a PER modifier, not totally "overall." ;)

I'd say +2 to Sight PER rolls, only for things previously seen and categorized as possible threats. I'm not sure how much of Lim that is. NB: these will probably be personal Foci, once they've been used a bit and "tuned in to" a user; brainwaves are different from one person to the next, after all.