Which sourcebook will help me out the most?

Black_Hole_Wolf

Hello, I've made my way through the rule book (still conducting make-up scenarios to familiarize myself with the rules). My group wants to do a campaign based on the Inuyasha storyline. I was wandering...which sourcebook(s)? should I look at purchasing? I'm still trying to learn the Hero System fully...and I am not sure which ones to get. I kinda figured UMA, but wasn't sure about Ninja Hero or Fantasy Hero...Asian Beastiary perhaps?

Another determining factor is that I have limited space and REALLY prefer the .pdf files over the actual books (I have noticed I cannot find Ninja Hero to download, perhaps I'm blind though).

Just lemme know your thoughts and suggestions, I appreciate them :)

Re: Which sourcebook will help me out the most?

As far as I know Ninja Hero has not yet been released in PDF format. They have been converting the older books, like that one, as their schedule permits but they haven't gotten to it yet.

If you want some Hero based background on the Sengoku era you might be interested in the Sengoku Hero website. More of a historical setting but at least it has stuff from the right era of Japan.

The Asian bestiary is published in two volumes. Volume II specifically deals with mythical monsters of Japan.

Fantasy Hero would probably be pretty useful since it really gets into how to use magic in a fantasy setting. IMHO Inuyasha is basically a Fantasy Hero game, its just set in Sengoku Japan, with lots of demons and magic.

Ninja HERO is a sourcebook describing how to run various types of martial-arts-based campaigns using HERO System, including period and magical/fantastical settings. It matches well with Ultimate Martial Artist in that UMA deals with the game-mechanical use of martial arts. I would think that sections of it would be useful to you

If you want to use creatures from traditional Japanese myth and folklore, Asian Bestiary Volume II has a very large selection. And the above-linked Sengoku HERO sourcebook would give you much to work with in setting a game in that era.

You would probably also benefit from these excellent HERO write-ups of several characters from the Inuyasha series: http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsanime/animechar.html#INU

Ninja HERO is a sourcebook describing how to run various types of martial-arts-based campaigns using HERO System' date=' including period and magical/fantastical settings. It matches well with [i']Ultimate Martial Artist[/i] in that UMA deals with the game-mechanical use of martial arts. I would think that sections of it would be useful to you

If you want to use creatures from traditional Japanese myth and folklore, Asian Bestiary Volume II has a very large selection. And the above-linked Sengoku HERO sourcebook would give you much to work with in setting a game in that era.

You would probably also benefit from these excellent HERO write-ups of several characters from the Inuyasha series: http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsanime/animechar.html#INU

i agree