Some Old time Radio find

Dr. Hercules

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Some Old time Radio find

You can get podcasts of the complete X Minus One through iTunes, as well as Dragnet, Green Hornet, Adventures of Superman, and many others.

I've been thinking for a while now of doing a Pulp Supers campaign following the pattern of the Adventures of Superman shows from the early 1940s. It's a very pulpy show.

1) All Masked Adventurers would have to maintain secret identities, and would handle most or all of the investigation phase of the adventure in those identities. The "Clark Kent" side of the characters wouldn't be a bullied, hen-pecked wimp (I'm looking at you, Donner); he'd be an active, interesting character in his own right, just one who hid his amazing powers until he had a chance to get on his his costume.

2) When in their costumed IDs, the Masked Adventurers would take care not to spend too much time interacting with the authorities, and especially avoid interacting closely with those that know the character well in daily life.

3) The general public would not believe in the existence of men with Super Powers, and the PCs would use this to their benefit.

It's a great model for Hidden Powers games. :)

Re: Some Old time Radio find

Big Finish has some really good production values too - and with their new download service, they're actually affordable (before then I'd borrow from friends or libraries - the postage to Australia is not fun).

It took me a while to get used to the voice for Judge Dredd - it's very gravelly.

What I would like to do, is create a show database, that you can search. You search via show, and it returns links to places that provide that show - either commercial, streaming or free download.