Need help building a Merge power

proditor

I'm hitting a mental block here. What I want to have happen: Two characters, they activate their power, and now in their place is one merged creation, a la Marvel's Psi-Hawk, Voltron, or the even MORE impressive Mecha-Shiva from Venture Brothers.

I'm probably missing a simple trick here, but jog my memory please?

Re: Need help building a Merge power

Duplication seems to address your needs most of the time. The fact that the base character (the merged form) is almost always duplicated doesn't much matter.

The Psi-Hawk, however, is more complex. Different combinations of people could join together to form the Psi-Hawk -- each combination giving the Psi-Hawk different powers. You can probably work this out with your GM as a series of custom disadvantages on Duplication.

Duplication seems to address your needs most of the time. The fact that the base character (the merged form) is almost always duplicated doesn't much matter.

The Psi-Hawk, however, is more complex. Different combinations of people could join together to form the Psi-Hawk -- each combination giving the Psi-Hawk different powers. You can probably work this out with your GM as a series of custom disadvantages on Duplication.

Base character (The combined guy, or the most inclusive combined guy) has multiform, one form for each combination posible

The multiform has a always on duplicate for the number of individuals around

So, if you have a team of 6 that all merge, or a specific 5 merge and 1 remains free you have 2 forms on the multiform

For the 5 merge and 1 remains free you have a single duplicate

But for the all you would need 5

To use Voltron

Voltron is the base characterm he has multiform into Black Lion, Black Lion has duplicate x4 (Red, Blue, Yellow and Green Lions)

Technicaly the way Multiform is now written you could have Multiform and Duplication in a MP on Black Lion, the Multi into Voltron, the Dup as Lions, with a "always on" lim, proably a -1/4 at most...

So let me check that I have this correctly?

Main Form; Prime.

Prime has multiform to alpha

Alpha has duplication that creates beta.

(That's a lot clunkier than I thought it would be, but I have to agree that it probably most accurately represents what I'm trying to model.)

Thanks guys!

Well...the problem with straight duplication is that the base form doesn't change when you duplicate. You can overcome that by using the lockout limitation on some of his abilities - so he can not use them when duplicated (which should also make the combined character quite powerful as he can effectively spend more points).

The base form would not look any different when combined or duplicated (although the duplicate could and barring power sfx). The duplicate could have very different powers from the base form if you pay the appropriate cost.

That would only work well, however, for 2 combining into 1. For more duplicates than that it would get rather more complicated.

Yeah, multiform to a being with duplication at least keeps the sheets a little cleaner.

And yes, you touched on the main problem, the composite being is much more powerful than it's components. So for duplication, the only option would be the lockout. I think I like the multiform to duplicate a little better though.

I'll fiddle around with the sheets and see what I get.

Again, thanks guys! :)

Here is something I tried a bit ago as a bit of an experiment (mainly I was trying to do this on 300pts). The base idea is twins (who each individually have powers), but who can merge into a single, more powerful, being...

The 'base' form has both Duplication, and Multiform. The Multiform has both Lockout (base form cannot use Multiform while Duplicated, -1/4) and the Multiform must be used whenever the two forms recombine (-0).

I never really finished the sheets though...