Growth

Fearghus

It is possible that this question is answered in the erratta or elsewhere on this board, but I was creating an NPC with the growth power and I was going to give her armor that was linked to growth when it occured to me that the nature of growth is that it increases your strength, and strength adjusts your normal non-resistant PD...

So my question is... While my NPC is grown does her growth strength effect her PD?

If so. giving her a high resistive defense might be cheaper if I just bought her resistant defense rather than armor.

Re: Growth

It is possible that this question is answered in the erratta or elsewhere on this board, but I was creating an NPC with the growth power and I was going to give her armor that was linked to growth when it occured to me that the nature of growth is that it increases your strength, and strength adjusts your normal non-resistant PD...

So my question is... While my NPC is grown does her growth strength effect her PD?

If so. giving her a high resistive defense might be cheaper if I just bought her resistant defense rather than armor.

The Strength gained from Growth and Density Increase does not affect figured characteristics directly. Both (Growth & DI) do give 'figured-like' benefits but they are explicitly described in each power's description.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Growth

Growth only grants (for stats) STR, BODY, and STUN. You may be thinking of Density Increase, which grants (for stats) STR, PD, and ED.

Also, adjustments (like with Growth/Density Increase or Adjustment Powers) to a Primary Characteristic do not affect the Secondary Characteristics. Only purchased Primarys affect the Secondarys.

Armor - Linked to Growth (or Damage Resistance - Linked to Density Increase) will grant greater defenses (which are resistant) the bigger/denser the character gets.

Small note about Growth/Density Increase: Even if the power is bought w/ Reduced END (half or zero), the STR gained from these powers cost the regular amount of END unless it (the extra STR) is also bought with an END-modifying (Naked) Advantage.