No shadow kick!

pinecone

I just wanted to check this on the "Dude! No Way!" meter...

No shadow Kick (A) HA+4D6 Indirect (Cannot be blocked) Autofire (3x), AP 40 pts base

This is for a "Multi Fu"

If the Auto 8D6 AP is too mondo, I can go with REnd in place of the Auto(3x) for the same points...

Any other cool Multi fu moves you like?

Re: No shadow kick!

I just wanted to check this on the "Dude! No Way!" meter...

No shadow Kick (A) HA+4D6 Indirect (Cannot be blocked) Autofire (3x), AP 40 pts base

This is for a "Multi Fu"

If the Auto 8D6 AP is too mondo, I can go with REnd in place of the Auto(3x) for the same points...

Any other cool Multi fu moves you like?

Well, considering that an average 20 STR Martial Artist will end up spending 18 END to use this it seems ok.

It's when you start stacking it with Martial Manuevers AND extra 4 point Damage Classes that it can get abusive.

:D

Thanx, it's meant to be a "finishing move" so it Should just be once per customer...

Of course the REnd version is only 12 End per use....of course REnd Str for 20 Str is only 5 pts. So the it's 12+3 for (a) and 6+3 for (B)....I wasn't planning on much (or any) actual MA moves, so the Multi fu is all you would see...

On a more practical level, will the Indirect Advantage actually allow you to avoid all Block maneuvers. I can see it evading "Hard" Blocks, but it seems that it would not help against "soft" Blocks" where the idea is to avoid contact. Some OCV levels against the Block maneuver might be another way to go, except that they won't fit into a Multipower.

On a more practical level' date=' will the Indirect Advantage actually allow you to avoid all Block maneuvers. I can see it evading "Hard" Blocks, but it seems that it would not help against "soft" Blocks" where the idea is to avoid contact. Some OCV levels against the Block maneuver might be another way to go, except that they won't fit into a Multipower.[/quote']

It's not a SFX definition. It's a HERO mechanics definition.

from The Ultimate Martial Artist

page 132

INDIRECT

When bought for an HA, HKA, or RKA, this Advantage allows the character to simulate the showoff technique of stacking bricks, striking the top one, and leaving it unharmed while destroying one of the bricks beneath. It has some possible combat uses as well (for example, when a villain is on the other side of a wall, our hero could hit the wall and transmit all the damage of his blow to the target, without the wall itself acting as armor against the attack). To buy this ability, start with an HA and apply the Advantage Indirect (always comes from the same location; +¼) and the Limitations Target Must Be Touching Barrier (-1), and Attack Must Be Made Through Barrier (-½). These Limitations mean that unless the target is touching the barrier through which the character transmits the force of the attack, the attack won’t work. As usual, a character may not buy this ability with more damage than the best of his normal Martial Maneuvers.

Example:

HA +6d6, Indirect (always comes from the same location; +¼) (37 Active Points); Target Must Be Touching Barrier (-1), Attack Must Be Made Through Barrier (-½). Total cost: 15 points.

When placed on Martial Maneuvers or other HAs, this Advantage has an extremely powerful effect — it prevents the attack from being Blocked (unless the defender has bought the Advantage Hardened for his Block maneuver). Particularly when combined with the Area Of Effect (One Hex) Advantage, which prevents an attack from being dodged, this Advantage may create an attack which unbalances the campaign; GMs should be cautious about allowing its use.

See Ninja Hero for Wong Fei Hong and his "No Shadow Kick."

Iron monkey was certainly the insperation...Think of it as a "homage"..;)

As all should know I'm real partial to Multi-Fu's for supers, but I was worried that version "A" was a little too fierce for the average game...

On a more practical level' date=' will the Indirect Advantage actually allow you to avoid all Block maneuvers. I can see it evading "Hard" Blocks, but it seems that it would not help against "soft" Blocks" where the idea is to avoid contact. Some OCV levels against the Block maneuver might be another way to go, except that they won't fit into a Multipower.[/quote'] Looks like Hyper man beat me to it...I've been gone for a while...

By the time you add both' date=' there's a good chance the damage is so low even a tissue-paper martial artist can withstand it...:D[/quote']

Not if he has real martial moves as well!

HA+3D6 Autofire(3x), AP, Indirect (No block),AE:1 Hex(accurate) +1 1/2, so...37 points? 6D6 AP autos are no joke, add in a couple of DC's and it gets real serious fast...

:rolleyes: If you're allowing that kind of build' date=' then I assume my character is going to be just as cheesy as well...[/quote']

Well sure!...but I think I messed up...Auto has a +1 penalty mod with non traditional targeting..so...52 pts or so ?

Even so 52 pts is not that much, add in 20 STR and you're at 72 active, and plenty of games run at 75.

Though I normally run at 60 or so....