New pyramid discovered in Egypt - plot seed time!

assault

A new pyramid has been discovered in Egypt recently. It doesn't seem to have been a particularly impressive one, but still, it's a pyramid.

Another one appears to have been discovered earlier this year.

Clearly, since they're still being discovered today, it's perfectly legitimate to create them for pulp scenarios.

So... mummies, hidden shrines to nameless horrors, burial places of nameless horrors, mastermind's lairs, places to loot or just to get trapped inside... it's pyramid plot seed time!

What have you got?

Re: New pyramid discovered in Egypt - plot seed time!

So it's the tomb of Teti's mother. She was a contemporary of Unas but from a rival family. Unas had learned magics from African Shamen, his pyramid was perhaps the first to have it's interior walls ensorcelled to provide protection in the afterlife.

I'd probably go with Sesheshet had arranged for some items of Unas to be stolden and buried with her preventing him from returning. Worshipers are after this or these McGuffins to bring back Unas. Pretty straight forward, maybe too straightforward. The items activate Unas' tomb allowing movement between "now" and ancient Egypt? Armies from the past spilling out into Egypt? Unas is huge...too big to be a single arc villian. Recurring mystical badguy, Sesheshet's tomb is a gate back to confront him before he's nearly indestructible?

Nephren-Ka, reputedly (meaning made-up) the last pharaoh of the Third Dynasty and a worshiper of Nyarlathotep (Huni the smiter was actually the last pharaoh of the 3rd Dynasty)

Unas was the last pharaoh of the 5th Dynasty, He learned the Dance of the Gods from African Shaman. Sorcery flourished during his reign.

Nephren-Ka' date=' reputedly (meaning made-up) the last pharaoh of the Third Dynasty and a worshiper of Nyarlathotep (Huni the smiter was actually the last pharaoh of the 3rd Dynasty)[/quote']

That's only what the mundane history books want you to know... :D

Unas was the last pharaoh of the 5th Dynasty, He learned the Dance of the Gods from African Shaman. Sorcery flourished during his reign.

Ooh, that sound very nice and adventure-seed-y indeed. May I know where you learned that little tidbit?

Ooh' date=' that sound very nice and adventure-seed-y indeed. May I know where you learned that little tidbit?[/quote']

Can't remember off the top of my head; My brain's a bit of a quagmire of half remembered stuff suitable for adventure seeds. Probably Baike, Budge or Franzero.

Can't remember off the top of my head; My brain's a bit of a quagmire of half remembered stuff suitable for adventure seeds. Probably Baike' date=' Budge or Franzero.[/quote']

I'm assuming that Budge means E. A. Wallis, but who are Baike and Franzero?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming that Budge means E. A. Wallis' date=' but who are Baike and Franzero?[/quote']

In prepping for tonights Heracles' Children: The Odyssey session I was flipping through GURPS: Egypt and found the bit about Unas, so that may have been the source (Of course all three of my go to Egypt authors are in the biblography so who knows)

It's James Baike and CM Franzero.

Can't remember off the top of my head; My brain's a bit of a quagmire of half remembered stuff suitable for adventure seeds. Probably Baike' date=' Budge or Franzero.[/quote']

It seems to have turned out that it's hard to understate just how much Budge had wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Major Tom

It seems to have turned out that it's hard to understate just how much Budge had wrong.

An opinion that one Dr. Daniel Jackson was more than willing to express (:D).

And in that vein, here's my plot seed:

What if the 'pyramid' isn't a tomb? What if it's actually an enormous

vehicle of some kind? That would really open up an entirely new can

of worms (:sneaky:)...

Major Tom :eg:

And in that vein, here's my plot seed:

What if the 'pyramid' isn't a tomb? What if it's actually an enormous

vehicle of some kind? That would really open up an entirely new can

of worms (:sneaky:)...

Major Tom :eg:

A worm-powered vehicle?!? :eek::shock:

Well, now we know why the Slug is taking a trip to Egypt. Better hope he doesn't find the sandworms that gave Simon of Gitta so much trouble though...

Guest Major Tom

Worms aren't the problem. It's the guy (or gal) with the creepily-glowing

eyes that just sat up in the sarcophagus that's the problem in this plot

seed (:eek:).

Major Tom :help: