SHADES OF BLACK Now Available!

Steve Long

Just wanted to let everyone know that our first new book in the Hero Plus line of e-books, Shades Of Black, is now available in the E-Books section of the Online Store!

SOB, written by our own Allen Thomas, is a Champions adventure that pits the character against the evil Black Paladin and his followers. In addition to over 80 pages of text, the adventure has numerous maps (including a completely mapped out haunted mansion!) and three new villains.

All this can be yours for a mere $12 -- so don't delay, order today!

I am sorry but I don't like e-rpgs, I might consider buy it if it ever became availabe in print. Still, the cover appears to be very nice. Could you post an enlarged version? I noticed that Shades of Black is not being listed in the "Our Products" section.

Originally posted by djday38

I have purchased Shades of Black but when i atempt to open the PDF file it say the file is damaged and caanot be repaired.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Pls let me know how I can view the file.

rgds

Dean

I'm looking into this right now. Strangely, when I download the file from the server I get the same error, but the original of the file opens without any problems. When Tina downloaded the file she didn't get any error. I'm going to reupload the original and see if that fixes the problem.

Once I have a solution I'll announce it here and then those who need to redownload should email me.

Sorry about this. :(

Originally posted by Victim

Is the adventure self contained, or does it require villain stats from other books?

It uses the Black Paladin presented in Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks.

For minions, so the GM can increase the difficulty of some of the encounters if necessary to challenge his players, it uses Demon Hounds and Lesser Demons, both of which are presented in HERO System Bestiary.

Okay, well, here's what I think has happened.

When the PDF file was uploaded to the server, it appears as though it was compressed. The file would upload to the server but only be about 3.8MB instead of the 4.9MB it should have been. But when I downloaded the file from the server it seemed to have expanded it. So perhaps the problem people are having is with the decompression during the download.

So, I have ZIPped up the file and uploaded it. THAT upload came across without descrepancy in the file size. So I am hopeful that when people download the ZIP file, they PDF inside will be intact.

For those of you who still don't have a good download after purchase, please email me .

Re: SHADES OF BLACK Now Available!

Originally posted by Steve Long

Just wanted to let everyone know that our first new book in the Hero Plus line of e-books, Shades Of Black, is now available in the E-Books section of the Online Store!

SOB, written by our own Allen Thomas, is a Champions adventure that pits the character against the evil Black Paladin and his followers. In addition to over 80 pages of text, the adventure has numerous maps (including a completely mapped out haunted mansion!) and three new villains.

All this can be yours for a mere $12 -- so don't delay, order today!

And I'm on the cover......

T.

Originally posted by allen

It uses the Black Paladin presented in Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks.

For minions, so the GM can increase the difficulty of some of the encounters if necessary to challenge his players, it uses Demon Hounds and Lesser Demons, both of which are presented in HERO System Bestiary.

errr... forgot one...

It also uses Talisman from Champions

Sub-par proofing

First of all, I look forward to running this adventure, and overall I'm very pleased with the product. However... :)

It seems that quality control slipped a bit on this one. I've noticed several layout errors that surprised me, given the consistently high quality of Hero products. For example (page references are for the PDF, not the book):

p. 3: the book starts on a left-hand page (intentionally?)

p. 66: text flows from previous chapter onto title page

p. 74: at top of page, chapter name is incorrect, page number duplicated on the wrong side of the page, text overwrites "Shades of Black" copy

p. 82: combat record sheet is labelled "Down In The Hole," which I believe is from Champions Battlegrounds

These things won't detract much from my enjoyment of the book, but they do bug me.

Cheers!

Ben