The Young Turks

The Arc

Here's an idea that recently struck me, and I thought I'd do a poll to get thoughts on which NPCs I should include in the The Young Turks. Now for a little backstory.

Osman Bey, was considered one of the greatest minds in the field of Artificial Intelligence, probably one of the most famous people to come out of Turkey since Ataturk. However, for all of his brillance, Osman was also quite eccentric, delving into spiritualism alongside his interest in artificial intelligence. His book Communing with the Computer became an instant worldwide success. People began to turn to Osman Bey as a new messiah. By the 1990's the followers of Osman Bey were reported to number in the millions. Osman Bey Computertology probably would be still be considered a cult by most if weren't for an assassination attempt on his life. While visiting the ruins of Petra in Jordan the great man was shot. The attempt failed, but a year later Osman Bey disappeared. On the day that Osman Bey was shot five years later, five million followers of his disappeared as well. To this day no one has uncovered where they've gone...

What Happened Next...

After Osman Bey was shot, paranoia set into the great man. He started having visions of the end of the world. Using his massive fortune, Osman Bey set about creating the world's most power AI. The computer became to be known as the Computer-Pasha. The AI along with Osman Bey constructed an underground city in the Taurus Mountain in southern Turkey, which was dubbed New Babylon. After the city was completed by the followers of Osman Bey the faithful were summoned, all five million of them.

Today...

New Babylon has remained hidden from the outerworld for almost twenty years now. Osman Bey, being human has died, but the Computer-Pasha has kept this fact hidden from the populace. The Computer-Pasha now controls New Babylon through the use of his Janissary robots. All is orderly and peaceful in the city. The only thing that concerns the Computer-Pasha is the Young Turks.

The Young Turks...

The Computer-Pasha has always been aware of the chance of random mutation causing the raise of super-powered individuals in it's society, and like all tyrants it set about a lengthy exam of the genetics behind super-powers. The AI isolated five children out of the five million souls of New Babylon. These children were removed from their mothers invetro, and replaced with none powered ova. The isolated children were incubated by the AI, and when born kept away from everybody for study by the Computer Pasha. However, even the Computer-Pasha couldn't anticipate everything, and one of the children escaped. This super-powered child later returned freeing it's siblings, as the super-powered children thought of themselves. These five have been fighting the Computer-Pasha and are known throughout New Bablyon as the Young Turks.

So here's the poll. I've come up with 10 different drawings. Five of them are girls, and five are boys. The top five chosen will be written up. I'll let the forum decide which. The 10 are:

asura.jpgAsurafatma.jpgFatma

isik.jpgSafakkar.jpgKar

lamia.jpgLamianuradin.jpgNuradin

oniks.jpgOnikspardus.jpgPardus

ruhsal.jpgRuhsalyersl.jpgYersl

Re: The Young Turks

In case anyone is wondering:

Safak means Dawn in Turkish

Kar means Snow in Turkish

Oniks means Onyx in Turkish

Ruhsal means Psychic in Turkish

Yersl mean GeoThermal in Turkish

Pardus is the middle part of the latin species name for the Anatolian Leopard.

Re: The Young Turks

I'm hoping for some more votes.:) So far the voting has come down along these lines.

Asura: 2 votes

Fatma: 5 votes

Safak: 3 votes

Kar: 3 votes

Lamia: 3 votes

Nuradin: 5 votes

Oniks: 2 votes

Pardus: 1 vote

Ruhsal: 5 votes

Yersl: 3 votes