A Super Lucky Gambling Super Hero!

Knightgoblin

For a low powered Super Hero campaign, a friend of mine wants to make a character whose primary powers revolve around (are) being lucky. He wants to have the ability to use this power in gambling, although he is looking for something different then a bonus to the gambling skill. He is looking for a power to insure his success in gambling; make sure he rolls sevens (maybe name this power the Devils Blessing),guess what number someone is thinking between 1 & 100, what cards they might be holding, what door is the lucky door, ect... (Let us call the power Lucky Guess). How would you build a power(s) that allows a character to do these things?

Re: A Super Lucky Gambling Super Hero!

Yeah, I have a super luck char...he has things like "God of gamblers" TK:Indirect:Invis and X-ray vision. Telepathy ;Surface thoughts only: Fuzzy. For guessing I used old fashioned Luck dice. One thing though, Fortune is not a low powered char so points might be an issue.

But toss together a multi-power and see where you're at...

The Clairsentience doesn't have to be overt,either. Make the SFX a "Gamblers Hunch". This could work for any game of chance. He may know when to bet play or pass, Know not to play #23 until the wheel feels right...and so on.

You could always just take a level (or two or three) of Wealth and say that he wins at gambling all the time, e.g. wins World Texas Hold 'Em championship: pot is 5 million. I'd say that would qualify for Wealthy. If he's been at it a long time, then buy him up to Filthy Rich.