"I can't bring myself to kill, but..."

TheDux

Re: "I can't bring myself to kill, but..."

Actually, I was just saying that the characters don't have a say in what their power suite is.

The player on the other hand...

Yeah, this is probably one of my blind spots - in superhero games, I tend to play guys who build their own powered armor.

I have to say, the power armor guy is a very tempting character to play a lot, because he is sooooo easy to build. I mean, getting OIF or OIHID on all your powers makes building the character a cinch, and the GM won't give you grief about how OIHID really doesn't make sense for the character (in his eyes, anyway; he's just looking at all the points you saved, not whether it makes sense to you...:rolleyes:).

One of the most interesting characters I played was a (very rough) translation of a Heroes Unlimited character. And for those who are lucky enough never to have played it (it's the Palladium Supers game), powers are rolled randomly, so you have to figure out how they all fit together logically on your own. So sometimes, if you're stuck for a character, a couple random rolls on a chart in another game might inspire some fresh ideas... as well as demonstrate how a character might well have powers they would never want to use!

One of the most interesting characters I played was a (very rough) translation of a Heroes Unlimited character. And for those who are lucky enough never to have played it (it's the Palladium Supers game), powers are rolled randomly, so you have to figure out how they all fit together logically on your own. So sometimes, if you're stuck for a character, a couple random rolls on a chart in another game might inspire some fresh ideas... as well as demonstrate how a character might well have powers they would never want to use!

AaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhHeroesUnlimited!!!!!!!!!

If you think I get wound up about Hero stuff, you should see me on HU. The game where you can become a giant, but don't have the strength to hold yourself up. A sort of floppy giant.

We did play for about a year back at University, but then moved onto Hero. It was in 'translating' the HU characters to Hero (or trying to) we discovered quite how odd the whole thing was. Couple of years ago I bought the new edition of HU and, even after 20 years NOTHING HAD CHANGED except the cover was now predominantly white whereas before it was predominantly blue.

Anyway...

HEY! I resent that! I can create a floppy giant in Hero too! Don't tell me there's something HU can do that Hero can't! ;)

So are you going to create the Floppy Giant as a viable character, or am I?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary pessimistically predicts that all I'll get is a giant flop.