Laughing Gas

Split Decision

I'm thinking of a gas attack where the victim suffers no damage, but is forced to forego actions and laugh uncontrollably.

This sounds like an Entangle of some variety, but since it's inhaled, I'm not sure how to build it.

It might also be a Mind Control based on CON.

How would you build it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Laughing Gas

something like this?

20 Laughing Gas: Mind Control 4d6, 6 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Minute each (+0), Explosion (+1/2), No Normal Defense ([Equally Common Defense]; Holding breath or Imunity to chemical warfare agents; +1/2), Cumulative (96 points; +1), Continuous (+1) (80 Active Points); Based on CON (Defense: PD; -1), OAF (-1), Set Effect (Stop what you are doing (and laugh uncontrollably); -1/2), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4) - END=[6 cc]

Re: Laughing Gas

Laughing Gas does not knock you out. It intoxicates you, so you don't really care as much about going under the needle. So, an NND would not really be appropriate. I would make it a Presence Aid with an Intelligence and/or Ego Drain. The Presence Aid to simulate the "it does not bother me" and the Drain to simulate lowered mental functions.

Prolonged expose is hazardous however, so I would not be dropping to me AoEs of the stuff indoors! And not near any sort of flame. AoE Gas would turn into AoE explosion.

Per Wiki:

Nitrous oxide, commonly known as "laughing gas", is a chemical compound with the chemical formula N2O. At room temperature, it is a colorless non-flammable gas, with a pleasant, slightly sweet odor and taste. It is used in surgery and dentistry for its anesthetic and analgesic effects. It is known as "laughing gas" due to the euphoric effects of inhaling it, a property that has led to its recreational use as an inhalant drug. It is also used as an oxidizer in rocketry and in motor racing to increase the power output of engines.

In medicine

Previously, nitrous oxide was typically administered by dentists through a demand-valve inhaler over the nose that only releases gas when the patient inhales through the nose; full-face masks are not commonly used by dentists, so that the patient's mouth can be worked on while the patient continues to inhale the gas. Current use involves constant supply flowmeters which allow the proportion of nitrous oxide and the combined gas flow rate to be individually adjusted. The masks still cover only the nose.

Because nitrous oxide is minimally metabolized, it retains its potency when exhaled into the room by the patient and can pose an intoxicating and prolonged-exposure hazard to the clinic staff if the room is poorly ventilated. Where nitrous oxide is administered, a continuous-flow fresh-air ventilation system or nitrous-scavenging system is used to prevent waste gas buildup.

Nitrous oxide is a weak general anesthetic, and so is generally not used alone in general anesthesia. In general anesthesia it is used as a carrier gas in a 2:1 ratio with oxygen for more powerful general anesthetic agents such as sevoflurane or desflurane. It has a MAC (minimum alveolar concentration) of 105% and a blood:gas partition coefficient of 0.46. Less than 0.004% is metabolised in humans.