Grappling Hook, 1 tool, many uses

TheDux

So for this "Cat Burglar" I am building, I am buying some basic tools for him. This is a side project for a game I may be playing next month (first non-super).

*Rambling about the game and character*

I am really excited about this game. GM actually assigned us "roles" based on our previous efforts to help us with our gaming and role playing (to help build weaknesses into strength). I am the "Rebel Espionage Master", so I chose a master burglar hired for this particular job in exchange for a clean record and a new life in England (where any further misdeeds would be outside the "Cop" character's care).

*Back on topic*

So while I was brain storming some of the tools he would need I realized that a Grappling Hook has so many application that a Multi power would be needed.

What I have so far is (in skeleton)

Clinging: OIF, Extra Time (to throw hook), Cannot Resist Knock back, Both Hands and Feet required, Usable by others, Only Up to 10", Only Up to 600 LBs at a time, RSR

Swinging: 17", OIF, Extra Time (to throw hook), Usable by others

Entangle: xd6, OIF, No Range

HA PLUS Stretching: HA +2d6, OIF PLUS 6" Stretching

So, other uses? This is a Very Powerful heroic campaign with a "supernatural" feel (i.e.: using the Grappling hook as a weapon without particular "ninja" training).

Ideas, recommendation, general discussion?

Re: Grappling Hook, 1 tool, many uses

Manipulating at a Distance: 20 STR TK, 0 End (+1/2) (45 Active) Only specific types of objects in specific ways (-1/2), Cannot Do Damage (-1/4), OAF (-1) (16 Real).

To flip switches, grab small items, and so forth, as well as manhandle Normals.

Clear the Air: Dispel gas/smoke/fog powers 9d6, one power at a time (+1/4) (47 Active), AOE: Hex (+1/2), No Range (-1/2) Extra Time: Full Phase (-1/2) OAF (-1) (15 Real).

Swing it above your head to clear out nasty pollutants.

Manipulating at a Distance: 20 STR TK, 0 End (+1/2) (45 Active) Only specific types of objects in specific ways (-1/2), Cannot Do Damage (-1/4), OAF (-1) (16 Real).

To flip switches, grab small items, and so forth, as well as manhandle Normals.

Clear the Air: Dispel gas/smoke/fog powers 9d6, one power at a time (+1/4) (47 Active), AOE: Hex (+1/2), No Range (-1/2) Extra Time: Full Phase (-1/2) OAF (-1) (15 Real).

Swing it above your head to clear out nasty pollutants.

Nice work. Going to use the TK ability for sure. And while Clear the Air isn't my favorite ability, it is well built and I see enough use for it to adapt it into the build.

Slowly but surely Clear the Air is becoming more and more interesting to me.

Question:

Keep in mind the SFX of this attack, and SFX of the person I describe.

Mist Master has a Desolid form where he turns into a smokey cloud. What kind of effect could Clear the air have on him?

Mechanically I might be able to drain his desolidfication power, reverting him back to his true form. But SFX would "scatter" his SFX.

(un)Fortunately i might not run into this problem for this character.

Just a curiosity.

• 2 weeks later...