Egg Spawn

TheDux

Ok, so thre are two powers I want to create, one I can use Summon, the other I am not sure if I need to build a real power, but I would like to construct in case (even if my GM deems it worth 0 CP).

The character creats spawn from "eggs" constructed from energy. The eggs hatch in 1 phase to hatch and 1 phase to grow to full size. The spawn fuction similar to summoned creatures and the summoner can form ech one to fit his needs. They are more or less altered clones with a very quick rate of growth and die very quick (life span of about 1 hour unless killed before hand or the summon desides to make the summon stronger). This is pretty easy to construct.

The next is a bit harder. Simply put rather than a summon that hatches quickly and dies quickly, he puts all of his energy into the egg that will hatch after a set period of time and ages at a normal rate. This kills the summoner but most of himself lives on in the new creation. If I built this as a very limited duplication/summon/multiform it would only cost 1 CP (maybe 0 because of HOW limiting it is).

Reason for a power so limited? The game will be seperated into several different campaiges, each set about 10-50 years apart (each lasting about 4-8 weeks of gaming). So this character might appear in campaign 1 (year 1920), "die" during campaigne 2 (as an NPC)(1947), little mention in campaigne 3 (2001), and return in campaigne 4 (2020).

The GM wants to represent differet eras of comic heros with one on going story, and he is a stickler for "if your characer can do it, it must be built even if it is worth 0 points".

I was thinking Duplication Character base points/5, Side Effect (kills user, cannot be reserected), Extra Time (50 years for egg to hatch), Cannot be recombined

Would that work?

Re: Egg Spawn

The character creats spawn from "eggs" constructed from energy. The eggs hatch in 1 phase to hatch and 1 phase to grow to full size. The spawn function similar to summoned creatures and the summoner can form each one to fit his needs.

Cosmic Variable Power Pool for a single power -- Summon. That's the only way to "form each one to fit his needs". Then just apply Limitations to the pool regarding their lifespan (1 hr or less), and "gestation" period of 2 Phases. To avoid the possibility of abuse, it might help to work out with your GM how many points of this Summon are to increase the number of creatures that can be active at the same time.

The next is a bit harder. Simply put rather than a summon that hatches quickly and dies quickly, he puts all of his energy into the egg that will hatch after a set period of time and ages at a normal rate. This kills the summoner but most of himself lives on in the new creation. If I built this as a very limited duplication/summon/multiform it would only cost 1 CP (maybe 0 because of HOW limiting it is).

I was thinking Duplication Character base points/5, Side Effect (kills user, cannot be reserected), Extra Time (50 years for egg to hatch), Cannot be recombined

Would that work?

IIRC, if a character dies before an Extra Time power has completed it's activation time, it doesn't activate.

I would use a Multiform (one form: Immortal Egg). That way, you can sell back many of the Egg's stats (Eggs don't ususlly have a significant STR and DEX), and buy just two Powers -- Armor (tough shell) and Full Life Support w/ Immortal. If the Egg is significantly smaller than a normal character, use the appropriate Size Template (5ER, p574-576) as well.

Then add these Limitations to the Egg Form:

Physical Limitation: Can't Revert Until Specified Amount Of Time Has Passed.

Physical Limitation: No Sensory Organs

Physical Limitation: No Legs

Physical Limitation: No Arms

Re: Egg Spawn

It is a Multiform VPP alright, extra time (for the original to die and the new form to hatch). Basically you can re-imagine yourself completely, if you are willing to die for it.

Mind you, I'd probably just add physical manifestation rather than building a seperate 'egg form': destroy the egg during gestation, you end the multiform and the character remains dead.

Well, that's my take on it.