The "Armani of armour."

BigJackBrass

Re: The "Armani of armour."

I like the comment that its been tested on a range of firearms from revolvers to uzi submachineguns. The Uzi was designed for 9mm. It sounds impressive, but without knowing the max caliber they tested it probably amounts to a class-II vest (maybe a class III vest). Stylish is good. Being alive is better.

One of the advantages would presumably be that you don't look armoured, so you're less likely to be shot with Big Guns - or shot in the head. The concealment itself is part of the defence, in other words.

Not sure how well that would actually work, but I'm guessing that's part of the idea...

One of the advantages would presumably be that you don't look armoured, so you're less likely to be shot with Big Guns - or shot in the head. The concealment itself is part of the defence, in other words.

Not sure how well that would actually work, but I'm guessing that's part of the idea...

That is the idea. I've seen a similar outfit (in Brazil, not India) that the owner wore went he went nightclubbing or bar-hopping in some areas. It looked on first glance like a high necked polo shirt and the intent was simply that if you were faced with an armed thug in the parking lot or a fight in the bar, he/they are likely to be using a small handgun or a knife. In that situation, it could potentially be a lifesaver - and wearing a conventional flak jacket isn't an option.

cheers, Mark

I can see that. Still, if I were a person who had a profile high enough to warrant such a purchase I wouldn't want to be relying solely on light, albeit well-cut, body armor.

As I understand it the benefit is primarily weight and bulk as well as coverage. Most body armor does not give good coverage except in specific areas and weighs quite a bit (60 pounds or more) which isn't any fun while running around active in, say, a desert. This kind of armor would be lighter and more comfortable to wear, while giving more coverage.

No, the man wanted a briefcase:

unusualguns_3.jpg

And in action.

http://www.videosift.com/video/MP5-Machine-Gun-Briefcase

cheers, Mark

What I'd love to find is a gun video from the 80s that had all sorts of demonstrations, most of which were fun to watch and some made you think "I'm glad I'm watching the video and I'm nowhere near the making of."

The clip I remember is someone having one of the briefcase guns and going "Hello Comrade General!".

It had a good silencer as well.