affect desolioification granads?

montolio

Re: affect desolioification granads?

You've asked two different questions there.

Do you want to make intangible people tangible? Suppress desolid would work.

Or do you want to grant "Effects desolid on someones attacks"?

The 1st way is simple enough the second one would require you to define many attacks based on the campaign and how it's set up.

Can you be more specific?

Here's one way to build it:

48 Solidiification Grenades: Suppress Desolidificaton 13d6+1 (standard effect: 40 points), Explosion (+1/2), Cumulative (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (167 Active Points); OAF (Grenade; -1), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Minute each (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Gestures (Pulling the Pin; -1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) - END=[4 cc]

Interestingly enough the desolid still need to breathe. The rules specifically state that any attack that affects the character through his breathing affects him even when desolid, e.g. inhaled gasses. (P148) - this is one case where sfx has a very real in-game effect.

You could use dispel as well as suppress: it wouldn't prevent them from turning their power back on again, but if you made it continuous, it would keep shutting the power back off while they were in the area of the gas.

Would an Area of Effect "Affects Desolidified" naked modifier also need Usable Simultaneously to grant the advantage to attacks by multiple people within the given area? That seems like a build that would let, for example, people punch or shoot ghostly targets without running up against the restriction against using Drain or Supress on Inherent powers.

Is this gas grenade something you'd throw at the target, or at yourself and your allies? Basically, there are two ways to hit the intangible target: remove its intangibility, or give yourself (and your friends) the ability to affect the intangible.

If it's something you throw at the target which renders it vulnerable to your attacks, and those of anyone else who might attack, then Suppress or Dispel would probably be the way to go.

If it's something you use on yourself, then you're looking at a naked Affects Desolid advantage, which could get expensive after you buy it high enough to affect all your potential attacks, and add Area Effect.

I'd go with an AOE Suppress, myself.

Is this gas grenade something you'd throw at the target, or at yourself and your allies? Basically, there are two ways to hit the intangible target: remove its intangibility, or give yourself (and your friends) the ability to affect the intangible.

If it's something you throw at the target which renders it vulnerable to your attacks, and those of anyone else who might attack, then Suppress or Dispel would probably be the way to go.

If it's something you use on yourself, then you're looking at a naked Affects Desolid advantage, which could get expensive after you buy it high enough to affect all your potential attacks, and add Area Effect.

I'd go with an AOE Suppress, myself.

:rofl: As I read your post I had this image of the gas 'grenade' being passed around the team to be used like a deodorant spray.