I want to build an aura perception power

feralucce

Re: I want to build an aura perception power

Detect: Character's Aura, Discriminatory, Analyze, Sight Group Sense.

It'll give you whatever the GM and the Player agree an "Aura" gives.

Using the Simulated Sense Rule gives it all the bonuses and limitations of being part of the Sight Group.

Nope...

try it. I selected detect. and selected sight group from the drop down and I get "Enhanced Perception (built in); Increased arc of perception (360 degrees)(built in); Sense (built in); range (built in); targeting (built in)" all automatically

That is why I was asking... it confused me... ALOT

Using th esight group as a base does not give you increased arc of perception - if it does then there is a bug in your version of HD. Here's how I built what I think you are after with HD:

Detect: Powers A Large Class Of Things 11- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees)

Cost 25 points

The discriminatory and analyse allow you to detect power levels and even what type of powers might be manifested. The group is 'large; because powers are so diverse. Increased Arc is paid for. Sight group gives:

Enhanced Perception

Ranged

Sense

Targeting

I have no idea what 'Enhanced Perception' is, but it applies no matter what sense group you take, automatically. HD references p163 of 5ER but I do not have the book handy.

If I recall correctly, there is a chart for Aura reading in one of the supplements -- maybe The Ultimate Mentalist.

It just gives colors to correspond with moods and some specialized rules. However, you can easily make up your own to suit.

Oh, and here's a Aura Reading Extention Package on my site.

If I recall correctly, there is a chart for Aura reading in one of the supplements -- maybe The Ultimate Mentalist.

It just gives colors to correspond with moods and some specialized rules. However, you can easily make up your own to suit.

Oh, and here's a Aura Reading Extention Package on my site.

It was originally in 3rd ed Pulp Hero* IIRC, where skill based psychic powers were introduced. This was Aura Reading. Such a good idea it got ported over to TUM.

*Or, as we used to call it, 'Justice Inc'