System Requiremnts?

korovan

Re: System Requiremnts?

This was posted by Katalyst (a Dev) on the official forums. I think this may be close to the recommended specs upon release.

I'm all about wanting to help , so while I can't post any specs for the game just yet (those will be coming at a later date), I can post the specs for the new computer that I'm going to be getting for my personal use at home.

Again...DISCLAIMER: these are NOT "the" specs for the game. These are merely the specs for MY new personal PC.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0ghz)

Asus P5KPL-VM motherboard

4gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce 8800GT (512mb) video card

565w Enermax Power Supply

DVD-R/W

500gb Western Digital Hard Drive

Windows XP 32bit

And yes, I will be able to play the game on it. I hope this helps a little itty bit.

I looked on the official site' date=' and found nothing hard and definite about the system requirments for PC. Does anyone know more? I am relectant to pre-order/order til I know I can run it....[/quote']

I haven't been able to find anything about Sys Req's either. Not sure why. Surely by 'now' Sys Req's should be listed somewhere?? :help:

this is what I'm running in the beta

p4-d 3.06ghz with hyper threading

2 gigs of ram

ati 1550 agp video card w/ 512 megs of video ram

XP Pro

I'm on the low end

That's the 'low' end?

Dear god, I'll never be able to run this. =/

Well, I sure won't be able to run it. My computer, an HP Pavilion, has a 733 Mhz Celeron processor, a 250 gig hard drive (with only 50 gig of it formatted), and 192 megs of ram (out of a possible 256 megs). I have no idea what kind of video card it has or how much video ram is inside.

With that computer' date=' I'm betting you don't HAVE a video card. You have shared video memory. Celerons were craptastic to start with, and anything at that megahertz speed is pretty much an antique, unfortunately. :([/quote']

Yeah, but it's light years ahead of my first PC, a Timex-Sinclair 1000.

In truth, I'm looking for something to replace my current PC. I'll probably buy it from geeks.com, the place bought my current one from.