Night Vision vs. Ultraviolet Vision

bjbrown

I'd have to look to be sure, but if you expand the typical darkness levels, you'd probably have to look at Darkness and Change Environment.

I think the Single Sense vs. Group stuff probably *should* be reconsidered.  For example, Telescopic for 1 sense is 1 point for +2;  for a sense group it's 3 points for +2.  Discrim and Analyze are 5 points for a sense, 10 for the group.  Is the incremental improvement worth that much?  Since you're also paying for those senses anyway?

On 10/16/2023 at 8:07 PM, unclevlad said:

I'd have to look to be sure, but if you expand the typical darkness levels, you'd probably have to look at Darkness and Change Environment.

I think the Single Sense vs. Group stuff probably *should* be reconsidered.  For example, Telescopic for 1 sense is 1 point for +2;  for a sense group it's 3 points for +2.  Discrim and Analyze are 5 points for a sense, 10 for the group.  Is the incremental improvement worth that much?  Since you're also paying for those senses anyway?

Other than for fluff purposes, Ive never found ‘Sense Group’ expansions to be worthwhile.  If your goal is to have a character thats *super good* at sensing stuff, having one hum-dinger all-singing all-dancing ‘cosmic awareness’ style sense is more effective, cheaper, and easier to protect (anyone ever seen a flash to the unusual group?)

Ive seen Stupendous Guy built that way, with the single super-sense cosmic-awareness style reflecting the combination of all of his heightened, microscopic, telescopic, targeting, mind-numbingly rapid senses.

One thing that UV could be useful for is identifying people and objects.  A person or object may look slightly different to UV.  For a person it could be a birthmark that is not visible to normal sight.

I had a clever player with mental illusions who would always try to find out if a target had special senses, to target them with the illusion.  He figured that it would lead them to believe the illusion more and find them more compelling because they picked it up with their unusual senses