Pain

Re: Pain

There's not enough differentiation in BODY to aim at any degree of accuracy: it is perfectly possible to break both arms and both legs and several ribs, and other assorted bones and such and survive quite happily, not even have your 'survivability' substantially compromised.

Hero can not really model that because, well, take a 9 BOD character: it takes a 5 Body hit to an arm or leg to impair it (5 being more than 1/2 Body) but that rounds down to 2 for a limb hit location, so 4 limbs x 2 Body = 8 Damage done.

Then break a few ribs: say 1 Body, then some other miscellaneous damage, say to the stomach: 1 more Body - this guy ought to be dying. None of those injuries are life threatening in themselves, or cumulatively though.

We've spoken about Long Term Stun loss before, and I like that idea - it can be done simply - every time you take a FULL 5 points in stun through defences, one of the stun is BRUISING (heals at REC/day). A full 10 point hit to stun through defences does 1 point of bruising and 1 point of INJURY (heals at REC/week). A full 20 point through defences does 1 Bruise, 2 INJURY and 1 BODY.

Then you base impairment not just on BODY damage, but on Bruising, Injury AND Body - so you can manage impairment without necessarily having life threatening injuries.

I'd say it's a -1/2 limitation (just like moving from one target's DCV to hitting 1 hex is +1/2).

Hero rarely works reversibly: if 'one hex' is +1/2, then 'single target (from 1 hex)' is probably -1/4.

If everything was reversible, we could make the whole build system a lot simpler, and ditch a number of powers.

Hero rarely works reversibly: if 'one hex' is +1/2, then 'single target (from 1 hex)' is probably -1/4.

If everything was reversible, we could make the whole build system a lot simpler, and ditch a number of powers.

One hex is +1/4 - that would be "one hex nonselective", so you still have to roll to hit.

AoE Accurate is 1 hex, Selective (+3/4), Target is DCV 3 (unknown advantage), Maximum 1 target (unknown limitation). The components have never been separately priced.

To a large extent, the biggest benefit of AoE is reducing DCV to a flat 3. The ability to hit more targets is nice, but it's offset by the need to target carefully to avoid hitting friendlies, so it commonly balances out. I'd like to see an increased cost for "DCV reduced to 3", a decreased cost of "bigger area", a higher cost for "pick your targets in the area" and the ability to have AoE Selective without losing the DCV 3 aspect of the to hit roll (and a higher option for not having to roll at all for each separate target once you hit the desired area).

I'd like to see an increased cost for "DCV reduced to 3", a decreased cost of "bigger area", a higher cost for "pick your targets in the area" and the ability to have AoE Selective without losing the DCV 3 aspect of the to hit roll (and a higher option for not having to roll at all for each separate target once you hit the desired area).

I am not aware of any rule prohibiting the multiple applications of AOE to a power.

The following example was designed as part of a 'stretching powers' Multipower:

50 Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Does x1 1/2 Knockback (+1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; Only to determine DCV of targets vs. Selective AOE; +1/2), Area Of Effect (4" Any Area; +1), Selective (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) END 3

I am not aware of any rule prohibiting the multiple applications of AOE to a power.

The following example was designed as part of a 'stretching powers' Multipower:

50 Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Does x1 1/2 Knockback (+1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; Only to determine DCV of targets vs. Selective AOE; +1/2), Area Of Effect (4" Any Area; +1), Selective (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) END 3

I'd agree with that - it is an interesting and unusual way to do it and probably not worth it with anything other than HtH, but it works well.