How to build this sense?

Zed-F

I have a character that can sense electricity. To me the most logical way to do this is as a passive detect based on the EM emissions an electrical field generates, so this would be in the Radio Sense Group.

1) What properties does the sense get for free by being in this group? Ranged and 360 Degree are what I'm currently looking at, but I am not sure. What about Sense?

2) Does the character need anything special in order to be able to detect bioelectric fields? Discriminatory? Microscopic? Something else?

This is not a technological-based sense, it's a manifestation of electrokinetic powers, so I do want it to be a sense.

Discriminatory was what I was thinking of, I'm just not sure about the microscopic part. It depends on whether I want the detect to work based on signal intensity or field size (regardless of intensity.) To be realistic, signal intensity should be paramount, but normal electronics ranges from single digit volts (battery-operated devices) to tens of volts (car battery) to hundreds of volts (household current) and beyond, but bioelectricity is measured in tens to hundreds of microvolts. That would mean putting about 12-15 points into microscopic, which seems excessive.

Basing it off of field size is less realistic but probably more playable. Built in that manner, it more closely resembles spatial awareness, except that it only detects things that generate electric fields.

Here's what I came up with:

Sense Electricity (Passive, Sense, Discriminatory, Transmit)

Note: Radio SSG (provides Range, 360 degrees).

Note: Detection based on generated EM (radio) waves, e.g.: bio-electricity/brainwaves, electronics, etc. Transmit generates similar EM waves. Field size (not strength) modifies PER roll.

It doesn't have "targeting"?

don't buy all that microscopic. you can add 1 more general class of things for 5 points. By this I mean, buy your normal electric field detection spanning 10 to 1000 volts, with an adder bioelectric field detection (10 to 1000 microvolts) for just 5 points more.

Can I flash you with a defibrilator? Of course, your character sounds like the "lightning throwing" type, so he probably just flashes himself. :D I better go to bed now. I'm starting to sound insane.