Campaign: Pulling The Fangs

Narf the Mouse

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Campaign: Pulling The Fangs

Because putting an 800 point, 4000+ year old vampiress against a wee little 200 point noble vampire hunter, solo, seems.... less than productive...

Here's an....upgraded....version of Acheron.

Note: he still needs another 40 points in Disads, and his CVs easily meet, and in several places exceed, the suggested campaign caps. This is a result of the instruction to "add more CSLs," however, since maneuvers weren't originally used I'm not sure if this remains a desirable course.

Here are the "break points" (i.e. were his CVs get to their theoretical highest, with levels all assigned to either OCV or DCV to reveal the max potential).

Counterstrike- OCV 13.

Defensive Strike- DCV 14.

Regular Block using the shield- OCV 14. Base OCV of 6, +5 CSLs, +3 OCV for using the shield to block. The shield, if I understand correctly, CANNOT be used with the Defensive Block maneuver since that is a part of a different martial skill set and does not contain the appropriate weapon element.

Then again, maybe the GM's fine with it!

Let me when you've reviewed the sheet, so I can edit everything at once.

Also, the rewards look solid to me. Vampire hunting sounds like an insanely dangerous business, and only really viable if you can spend a decent sum to go in prepared, and thus you need to recoup your losses and make a profit to justify risking your life.

I mean, basically, you're an assassin. An assassin trying to kill very deadly creatures.

How's that working out for you?

I couldn't really tell you, since the build that I was using was not really a good one in any aspects of the word, but that's not the fault of the inherant magic system, but of poor character building, and poor playing on my part.

But, the system does seem to be reliable and fun, once I go ahead and shave the build down a bit better. And really the bad time that I had with Soor is not really anyones fault but my own, and especially not the system, so maybe next week once I've had a chance to really see if it's a reliable magic build I'll be able to tell you more.

I couldn't really tell you, since the build that I was using was not really a good one in any aspects of the word, but that's not the fault of the inherant magic system, but of poor character building, and poor playing on my part.

But, the system does seem to be reliable and fun, once I go ahead and shave the build down a bit better. And really the bad time that I had with Soor is not really anyones fault but my own, and especially not the system, so maybe next week once I've had a chance to really see if it's a reliable magic build I'll be able to tell you more.

Well...Metier is one of the weaker systems I present in terms of flexibility, ease of casting, and comprehensiveness. It was modeled specifically to meet the requirements of Jeffery Keown's Age of Storms setting and is more limited than I usually make Magic Systems.

In the testing I did with it, there are basically three viable models to make it competitive. 1) have two to three styles carefully chosen to not overlap, 2) Have a single style MP reserve large enough to run two or three slots at once, 3) make clever use of uncontrolled, trigger, and effects that can be used as Instants but have a duration (FADE based, Entangles, Flashes, etc).

That might help you as you redesign your character.

None. Raven head. She's Egyptian' date=' originally and still has that colouring. Plus she's got the kind of looks that make men (and some women) walk into lamp posts.[/quote']

Alright, maybe you've got something there. I do have a weakness for exotic types.

In other news....Narf - I was wondering if we could run a short "combat testing simulation" before the session on wednesday, to make sure my character is able to hold his own. I really don't feel like having a repeat of last time...

I will have all the disadvantages, and hopefully a character history done by tomorrow.

Yeah, Monday is cool. 4:30 your time, 7:30 my time.

I would also like to play around, if possible, with various "vampire repellants" to see what they might do, because my character has fought vampires and used said methods before.

...I can easily add in a vampire KS. I didn't want to presume.

It's 2 points for an 11- "generic" roll, 3 points for a 12- roll based of INT (this means that if you up your INT later, or buy Skill Levels with INT based skills, that this skill would benefit).

Oh. 1 point for an 8-.

Could do that Monday - Tuesday, I'm gaming in Captain Patriot's Supers game. Monday, same time?

I'll drop you in various places in the same inn - 1 vampire, 2 vampires, 3 vampires - If you survive that, I'll add another vampire. :D

I guess I'll stay til 8:00 my time. Then I'll assume you forgot. :rolleyes: