Gravitic Influences of a Neutronium Man

CptPatriot

Someone had to bring up Density Increase and having enough density to be effectively the same as Neutronium during the Hero Chat last night, so I went ahead and calculated the gravitational pull of a neutronium man.

Human: 80 kg.

Neutronium: 4 * 10 ^ 17 kg/m^3

The neutronium man, N-Man for short, with a volume of 0.08 cubic meters, would have a mass of 8e+15 kg

Now, with the help of Google (put "((Gravitational constant) * (8*10^15 kg))/((.001 km)^2)" into Google and you'll see), the gravity at the surface of N-man, assuming N-Man's 'surface' is 1 meter from the center, is 533,840 meters per second per second. For comparison, Earth's gravity is 9.80665 meters per second per second.

Now, according to one of Newton's Laws, the effect of gravity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance, so at 2 meters away is 133460 meters per second per second.

Changing the number to hexes we get 66730 hexes per second per second.

Now, I went ahead and plugged the numbers into a Google Docs spreadsheet which I'd love for people to read and comment on.

Now at 165 hexes away, N-Man's gravity would finally be at less than .5 g which I think is enough to say an average person can resist easily with their casual STR.

What do you think people?

Re: Gravitic Influences of a Neutronium Man

How does he move with all the solid air compressed against him? At that pressure, he would quickly start 'planet' building around himself, starting with the air becoming a superheated solid mass around him.

Also, he must have a great deal of life support as well... 'no breathing, survive high pressure environment, linked to Neutronium form?'

Re: Gravitic Influences of a Neutronium Man

On second thought, it would be more like 'atomic man', since I think the pressures would be fissionable (and fusionable, at different ranges) fairly quickly.

He does more good to the community in a highly specialized reactor chamber powering the Eastern Power grid than in his crime fighting efforts.